We were attracted to this hotel by the many excellent reviews on this site and would wholeheartedly agree that this a super hotel with some of the most friendly, helpful yet professional staff we have ever encountered. We prefer a quiet, scenic location and Cala San Vicente certainly did not disappoint. The view from our balcony was awesome and we found it very easy to find some nice walks from the hotel, including one into Port de Pollensa in the next valley which takes about an hour. There are many good tracks, but signposts are few and far between so it's advisable to get a good map and ask other walkers about their experiences. The hotel reception staff are very good at giving information on the area including bus timetables. The buses are cheap and usually punctual and are a good way of seeing the area - it's possible to get to Pollensa, Port de Pollensa, Alcudia, Palma and S'Albufeira (bird watcher's paradise!) etc for a day or half day out.
Back to the hotel - the food is amazing especially if you like fish - we think we ate at least 10 different types of fish in the fortnight we were there. The food is buffet for both breakfast and dinner but there is always the option to have your fish or meat cooked fresh before your very eyes! At breakfast the delightful Magdalena, who has a permanent smile, will prepare omelettes or crepes to order and do bacon and eggs exactly how you want them. The buffet always has an amazing array of food including plenty of fresh fruit etc if you want healthy options. You could not fail to find something to tempt you here.
Room tips - we would go for a high floor, 5 or 6- the views are amazing and from what others said the rooms are bigger. It's also nice and quiet.
Lunch options at the hotel are fairly limited though there is a beach bar offering snacks, Bar Mallorca in the square about 100m from the hotel is very good, reasonable and produces the best grilled sardines imaginable, though be aware that later in the season it is closed on Wednesdays.
We don't often return to the same place but will definitely make an exception this time!
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Molins Hotel Cala San Vincente
- Grupotel Molins Hotel
- Grupotel Molins Cala San Vincente
- Grupotel Molins Majorca/Cala San Vincente, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the sea at the bay of Molins, a beach with crystal-clear water. Rooms & Suites: Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Suites with additional living room. Sport & Leisure: swimming pool. Tennis court. Billiard table. Games room. Evenings shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Beach- & Pool Bar with snack service. Lounge bar with terrace. Services: Swimming pool towels. Babysitting service with reservation. Medical service. Car rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your Grupotel Molins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.