“Nice hotel - shame about the food” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Badajoz Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Damian Tellez Lafuente, 15, 06010 Badajoz, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Badajoz
Saffron Walden, England, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel - shame about the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a very smart modern hotel with nice modern rooms with wifi and tv in all rooms. Reception is usually understaffed and it can take a long time to get checked in as Carmen answers phone calls which somebody else should be taking care of.
I only had one meal here. (I avoided breakfast as I don't fancy paying 13 euros for something I can ger across the road for 1/4 of the price.) I ordered a Caesar salad, thinking that would be safe. Not so. A heap of packet greens was doused in bottled mayonnaise. The chicken bits were deep- fried nuggets a la McDonalds. Really a disgrace and something the hotel needs to do something about.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
quijano, spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hotel is not in centre of Badajoz - the name comes from the group company! Their most famous hotel is probably Casa Fuster in Barcelona, which is amazing. This hotel has publicity all around for their famous sister hotel, but unfortunately, fails to live up to its standards. Reception at check in was manned by only one receptionist, and due to the ridiculous amount of paperwork/information required just to check in, takes a long time. Check out was equally tiresome due to a long queue of guests with just one receptionist. Ensure that you take passport with you - I didn't and thought I would not be allowed to the room (which I was sharing with my husband!). Staff are rather aloof. Lunch on the outside terrace was delicious, but breakfast in the morning was awful. It has been a long time since I have tasted such disgusting coffee, the fresh fruit was unripe and all 5 in our group agreed that nothing was of any quality. Room and bathroom were fine, compact but clean. It was nice to have a small pool in the hotel to refresh from the July heat, but I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Dpto. Comercial at Hotel Badajoz Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear customer,

We greatly appreciate your comments.We are constantly working to improve our services.

Remember that you can find Hoteles Center also in Grenade, Seville, Cordoba, Granada,
Valencia and Barcelona.

Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel is OK. It is trying to be the upmarket hotel of Badajoz, and has upmarket prices for laundry, mini-bar and breakfast. In aiming at the business market it lacks some of the nice touches that we have found in other hotels in Spain. The front desk was efficient, but lacked the relaxed cheerful helpfulness that we have found elsewhere in Spain. Prices vary enormously depending on the night and availability.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Dpto. Comercial at Hotel Badajoz Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
We greatly appreciate your comments. We take note of them and assure you that we are constantly working to improve our services.

Remember that you can find Hoteles Center also in Grenade, Seville, Cordoba, Barcelona and Granada.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel with my family and the room was perfect for 3 people. New furniture, extremely comfortable beds with pillow's selection so secure a great sleep.
The location of the hotel is convenient and near the main attractions.
The staff was warm and friendly all the time.
A great value, as it is affordable, well decorated, great located and complete rooms.
After staying in other hotels in Badajoz, this is my favourite choice, it can never let me down.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hoteles_Center, Dpto. Comercial at Hotel Badajoz Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear customer,

We are very grateful that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Remember that you can find Hoteles Center also in Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Valencia and Barcelona.

Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

This hotel is located close to Badajoz' main attractions -which aren't many- but a short walk can take you to restaurants and bars around the hotel. There is a very large supermarket nearby and the hotel itself is well located. The rooms are very nice, well decorated, and new. Receptionists are nice and accommodate to your needs. The restaurant at the hotel is small but serves good food. I have paid a lot more to stay in hotels of this category. I would definitely stay here again. Parking is expensive, but you can expect to pay a lot more in Madrid or Barcelona.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Farnham, Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I am not a frequent hotel guest - and even this stay was forced on me! I was on a road trip around Western Europe to celebrate my retirement, the date of which would actually be during the trip. Unfortunately, arriving in Badajoz to try to obtain parts for my tent, my car broke down, i.e. the cooling system blew. Hotel Badajoz Center was close to the site of the breakdown and, therefore, the place I made for when I couldn't get the Spanish telephone system to work for me. What a sight I must have been after 7 days on the road and under canvas (nylon?), hung about with bits of baggage (the more important of the things from my car), not dressed for an executive-class hotel (well, you wouldn't be if you were on a road trip), tired, unshaven and desperate. I was fortunate that one of the two desk clerks on duty, Pepa, was able to understand and speak a fair amount of English. So, of course, was the other clerk, Rocio, but to a lesser extent. So I had to try to explain that I needed help to contact my breakdown service and, obviously, somewhere to stay. Did they come through? Too true they did. Almost before I knew it I was being shepherded over to the foyer telephone where I could sit and wait for my call to be connected, as it was in less than a minute. They also supplied information as I needed it during the call. When it was done, I was quickly checked into the only remaining free room in the hotel. Relatively spacious, double bed, en-suite bathroom, big television and minibar in the same cabinet, free Internet access by means of (provided) ethernet cable, phone and a call from the ladies when the recovery truck arrived. It may have been that evening or the following day that I enquired about the cost of the (international) call to my breakdown service and was quickly told, with no hesitation, that there would be no charge. The room was a bit pricey that first night but I learned later that was because it was the only remaining room. And there I stayed for a week whilst my car was fixed. Even the room cleaners were friendly! Are there any negative things to say about it? Well, yes, but they are relatively minor. Prices for items in the minibar are on the high side. I used some, but was able to restock from a local store, so I didn't have to pay the hotel price. I mean 2.40 euros for a can of Fanta! They could do with providing a bathmat as the showerscreen doesn't keep all the water from the bathroom floor and it would be too easy to slip as one gets out of the shower. And on that same subject of the shower, handrails could be better placed or additional handrails provided for someone standing. The shower is the usual dual-function bath/shower and the floor of it is quite smooth, as is the bathroom floor. Is there anything else negative? Only one, of a slightly amusing nature. I am a smoker and I could not face hours in the room without being able to smoke. There were no signs and I have to admit that I didn't want to ask in case I received a negative reply. In the circumstances, I felt a bit like a tramp sharing a family's home. So I spent the best part of the week using cut-down juice cartons and then, on almost the last day, an ashtray suddenly appeared! I didn't use the restaurant because I had little idea of my financial state and I had had an estimate of the amount that my car repair would cost. I didn't use the pool, both because no-one else did and because I didn't have the clothes for it, but both looked good. I would be glad to go back and spend a week where I was in a better personal state. But the real jewels about this hotel are those two desk clerks, Pepa and Rocio. The hotel, indeed the whole hotel chain, should be glad to have them. Both are incredibly good advertisements for their hotel and, if their attitude and approach reflects the management's/owners' approach to their guests, then any hotel in the chain is one at which to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

Stayed here for just two nights, one night going from Madrid to Lisbon and again on the return journey two weeks later. One of the best Hotels we have stayed in, the staff were courteous and good humoured. Rooms were spotless but a bit small, no internet connection in room as advertised. Parking for €12 was a bit expensive but plenty parking at the back of the Hotel. Booked room on CentralR.com for €66 a real bargain for this Hotel.

• Liked — Pleasent staff
  • Disliked — Lan connection did not work.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Badajoz Center? Share your experiences!