“change your accomodation, please” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Horizonte Bay

and 1 more site!
You added Aparthotel Horizonte Bay to your Saves list
Aparthotel Horizonte Bay
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   C/. Isla de Lobos s/n | Costa Antigua, 35610 Fustes, Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain (Formerly La Piramide)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fustes
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“change your accomodation, please”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

ell what can I say. My wife and me have just gt back from this "hotel" and what a shame. Wer'e not fussy and always find something to eat on every time we go on holiday, well congratulaions horizonte this is the first time ever we were unable to eat what was on offer, it was sheer trash. Firstly there were only 8 people staying in the hotel, I had to have the bed changed on the first day due to urine stains on the sheets, yuk, on the first day by the pool, which isn't bad, I asked for a gin and tonic and a vodka lemon for my wife, when I asked for some ice I was told if I wanted ice I would have to go to the shop for it, amazing. The guy behind the pool bar walked out one night never to return so I had to go behind the bar myself as there wasn't a sole in the hotel.The location is in the middle of nowhere so we use to walk along the pathway into caleta, 30 mins, which is lovely. We spent a small fortune on meals over the course of the week due to the rubbish in the hotel restaurant, oh I almost forgot, on a couple of mornings when we went in for a coffee or a cup of tea they didn't have any milk, beat that. Anyway the weather was nice.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

This accomodation should be closed down as it is an insult to the island, on no account should anyone be offered this as a holiday. The sparse food was deplorable, pool had no filter so couldnt be used safely. Service was so abysmal, we had to eat out, a disgrace having paid for all inclusive, it cost us a fortune eating out. The bar had NO drink. Avoid this nightmare.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Chester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We have recently returned from this sorry excuse for a hotel, and as previous reviewers have said they could not wait to leave, we felt very much the same. The good side was.......... well let us think on that one..........., Oh Yes Salle who appeared to be in charge of everything was a very good, very efficient person who helped in any way he could, but even he could not correct the mountain of faults connected with this "hotel". Our room was kept clean only because my husband or myself found a mop (left lying around), a dustpan and brush again left lying around and a sweeping brush and we cleaned the floors etc ourselves, we washed any dishes used although they had required a wash before use, in fact we went out and bought our own.
The entertainment advertised we are still waiting for , we have been home one week.Now we get to the food, never in my life I have been subjected to the insult the chef called food, myself and my husband have been many places as we are middle aged now but we have NEVER eaten the human equivalent of pigswill. Breakfast consisted of bacon which had been had been cooked to within an inch of cremation, it was very handy for replacing the soles of your sandals and should have come with a health warning advising you to be prepared for a visit to the Dentist, then eggs were either boiled or fried, but the fried eggs were not even cooked, lunch was awful to say the least, mushy veg, chips dried up pasta chicken wings and spare ribs on a good day, but these were recycled for the following day. The inevitable salad of uncut tomatoes, cucumber in huge clumps, no lettuce except on one day but it was black, onions not a chance, bread rolls which were a number of days old, dessert each day was tinned pineapple or tinned fruit cocktail. So we gave up in the end as all the guests did, we bought in cereals, milk, bread for toast (this had to be done on the cooker hob), rolls, ham, cheese, fruit for lunch and then we ate out at night something we had not expected to pay for so this cheap getaway cost us far more than we imagined. The all inclusive drinks were very limited, myself and my husband only drink beer but some guests would have liked wine not provided at all and considering it can be bought for as little as 2 euros per bottle it seems a little odd. We could go on and on about this place but all we can say is our TOP TIP IS DO NOT GO NEAR THE PLACE

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went all-inclusive as a cheap getaway for the family.

I travel quite a lot. This is the first place I've stayed somewhere where I felt I needed to leave.

The issues were:
The rooms were not clean (there was pasta on the floor from previous guests)
The plaster on the walls was coming away due to damp.
The hot water was highly variable and I am a 5/10 min shower person.
There was sewage marks around the pipes from the toilet,
There was a general feel of running down of the facility.

The All-inclusive issues were
The food was actually inedible. I can cope with simple food or repetitive food but there shouldn't be signs of mold and decay. The fresh fruit on display was softened along the bottom and the pasta smelt suspect and as one of the other holidaymakers attested, didn't taste any better.
The whole area felt neglected. The tablecloths were dirty and the cutlery and crockery poorly cleaned.
The drinks on all inclusive were lacking. There was no wine, only a couple of spirits and some beer. There was no ice. Apparently this had been the situation for sometime.

The upside. The staff were pleasant and as helpful as they could be. They indicated that there was a refurbishment soon and thought that was why it was being run down. The cleaners were good but overworked and there seemed to be no rationale to the cleaning of the rooms. With any sense, given the lack of tourists, consolidating them into one are and focusing on the updating and upkeep of those apartments would seem sensible but instead we were spread all around and the cleaners had to worked on all the areas,
The layout of the place is potentially good and with the correct investment and support the place could be excellent.

All in all we were glad to be moved and felt quite sorry for the people we left behind who were, on the whole older and didn't know how to complain to their tour operators or only had a couple of days left.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My daughter and I recently returned from a supposedly all inclusive holiday in Fuerteventura. We stayed at the Aparthotel Horizonte Bay in Costa De Antigua. I am not one who normally complains but unfortunately, on this occasion, I feel I must voice my opinion.

This hotel was the worse hotel I have ever been in. To be advertised as all inclusive is an absolute joke. I have booked all inclusive on many occasions and food, drinks and entertainment have always been plentiful. Here there was nothing.

On arrival we chatted to one of the staff and asked him if it was good there. He replied no! When we asked about food his reply was that it was awful but nobody had died yet. We hoped he was joking but later discovered he was deadly serious.

In the dining room you could get juice or water from a water cooler. There was no wine as advertised. We decided to ask for a glass of wine from the bar to take in with us only to be told they didn't have any wine at all in the hotel.

The food provided was disgusting. At best it was luke warm. There was no soup on offer for starters and the salad consisted of carrots, green tomato, lettuce and sweetcorn. Whatever wasn't eaten was served up at the next meal. There was only one choice of main course. Again, whatever wasn't eaten was covered and midly reheated for a later meal. This included pasta (usually containing mushrooms left from breakfast). I am not a chef but I do know you cannot warm up pasta. A "fish" in batter was available one evening and squid on another. Both were served again on separate occasions, warmed up, with the same disastrous result. Batter does not reheat! Chef's star turn was when he produced meatballs in a greasy sauce for lunch and brought them out again for the evening meal on the same day. Many guests did not eat in the hotel choosing instead to dine out. When you have paid all inclusive this is not something you expect to do.

Drinks from the bar were limited. The few available spirits they had were carried in from the pool bar at 5pm to be served from the main bar. Cocktails had been advertised on the website but, needless to say, there wasn't a cocktail in sight. The bartender said he did not have the ingredients or a shaker! Water was not provided in the usual all inclusive way. If you wanted water in your room you had to go into the dining room and fill a cup from the cooler. There was a vending machine there which you could buy water from but this was empty for the duration of our stay. One day whilst at the pool we asked for a cup of coffee to be told they had run out of milk. They also ran out of lemonade!

There was no entertainment whatsoever. The management said this was because the hotel was too quiet at this time of year to bring somebody in.

On a plus side the towels were changed every other day. Clean bedding was brought on our 5th day but left on the bed for us to change ourselves. I changed the bed but we were left with the dirty sheets in a corner as nobody came back to collect them.

Outside of the hotel in the vicinity of Costa De Antigua there was absolutely nothing. A few properties had been built but apparetly they cannot sell them. There were many partly constructed but I cannot see them being completed. Caleta was a short bus or taxi journey away or could be reached on foot down the costal road taking 30 - 40 minutes. It was a blessing this was so close and a treat to go there.

The Horizonte Bay will not be forgotten but for all the wrong reasons. We will not be going back and would discourage anybody from even thinking about it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Just got back from my all inclusive holiday where I stayed for 10 days. Would like to say it's a false advertisement and don't believe any of the good reviews on here (I wish I didn't!). There was no hot tub (it had not been maintained and the water had gone green). The only drinks you could get was vodka, rum, gin and beer all of which were the lowest quality. We had to buy our own wine! The food was terrible. I am not a fussy eater but the choice was poor and it was very repetitive from night to night. Some of it, I wouldn't give to a dog to be honest. You could only have a cup of tea during breakfast and only at the end of a holiday we found out, that you could have a hotdog as a snack between 4pm and 5pm, which barman was very unwilling to make saying they haven't got bread or the breadroll was not fresh!! The hotel was in the middle of nowhere and it was an hour's walk to the nearest beach, and not 30 or 40 mins like some people say! Even the receptionist guy called Antonio said that the hotel was in Afganistan!! We ended up taking a bus out to town every day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
leeds
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks on the ai basis at the Horizonte. well for what we paid thats what we got a 2 week break in the sun! ok the food was not so clever so we ate out (our choice) not much to do but thats why we went - to chill out. Met some really nice people and had a laugh with the staff. Antonio at reception is fantastic. People complained that you had to ring the bell at the bar to get served - we served ourself! free bar!! We read the reviews and were a bit dubious but we enjoyed our stay. We just got on with it as I said we met some lovely people and if your reading this you know who you are.

Room Tip: 127 gets sun all day long
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aparthotel Horizonte Bay? Share your experiences!