“value for money.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mastronapa Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ayia Napa
Mastronapa Apartments
You added Mastronapa Apartments to your Saves list
19, 28th October Ave. | P.O.Box 30226, Ayia Napa 5342, Cyprus   |
Ranked #97 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Livingston
“value for money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

These were the very cheapest apartments you can book in Ayia Napa ! We paid £12 per night for a 1 bedroom apartment via Holidaynights. Owner met us, as arranged and request for a ground level and pool view apt was fulfilled.
Ok they are a bit rough around the edges, but the beds + sheets were clean. Maid came and gave a quick mop and towels were changed 3 times over the 8 days.
The kitchen had a hob,kettle,toaster + a few pots n pans etc etc. enough to make a simple meal if you wanted. We didnt as you can eat out pretty well for under 10 Euro for 3 courses all over Ayia Napa.
We didn,t use the pool,it was a bit grubby anyway, prefering the beach. Liminaki (harbour) beach was a 15/20 minute walk. Nissi Beach was about 45 minutes walk. The Square was just 5 minutes away.
People need to realise what they are paying for.The owner was pleasant any time I talked to him ,however he knows he isn't providing 5 star hotel standards , but neither are the prices ! Mastronapa is budget accom and as far as I'm concerned it delivered exactly what it said on the tin.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Treforest, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

i came here and stayed with one other girl and it was terrible as soon as i walked in the door we spotted a cockroach in the bathroom and had more throughout the week, the pool is awful in the deep end the water came up to my elbows, the man in reception made us feel uncomfortable by hugging and kissing our cheeks when he saw us , it is about a 5 min walk from the main strip and a taxi journey away from nissi beach, we appeared to be the only people staying in the hotel and we went in july. defo would not reccomend this place

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Zutphen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Excellent location to party!! However Nissi Beach is not 15 minutes walking, it is more then 3km away!!! Taxi needed!! Appartements are a bit old, shower was broken but we repaired it by ourself. Nice balcony with poolview, very spacious bedrooms, friendly owner. Can not complaint about it for the price we payed. Not for older people as musicvcan be heared around the pool.

Room Tip: ask for nice view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I WOULD RATHER STAB MYSELF IN THE EYES WITH FORKS THAN STAY HERE AGAIN.
Like others here, I have never felt the need to actually write a review about how awful my stay was but there is a first for everything. Me and my two friends had booked to stay between 16th August - 22nd August. We arrived at around 9pm and there was no-one there to greet us at the ''reception''. RECEPTION? No idea how they can even call it a reception - it's all locked up. No-one bothered to come over, we noticed some people sitting outside so we asked them how we checked in and the owner came strolling forward. He took all of our passports (with no receipt), charged us an extra 30euros for the 'air con' for our stay and then told us our room number & walked off. **This was the last time we saw him other than the day we actually left*

I can not stress enough how bad this hotel is! Really... like honestly. Do not book here!!!!!!!

Through-out our stay- the rooms were dirty, we had a cleaner that just moved things to make it look tidy but didn't actually clean anywhere, our room was covered in ants, stains around the bath & toilet, all cutlery, plates & glasses were disgusting & the air con just blew small amounts of hot air around the room.

Wanting to spend as little time in the room as possible we tried out the pool & the 'bar'. The bar was only open ONCE during our stay with a pervy man who was hitting on my friend suggesting that because she was away from her boyfriend she was a 'naughty' girl. It was disgusting - Didn't feel comfortable AT ALL. After our first time in the pool, it made me and my friends seriously ill. I had diarrhea for the entire holiday after the pool, my other friend had sickness with hers too and my other friend was also sick.

The way the hotel works is that they put people who speak similar languages next to eachother. The only other English people that were there were some Welsh girls in the room next door. The night before we were due to leave the girls were beating the hell out of eachother. We could hear them screaming, banging and all of the fighting. This was the last straw for my friends and I. My friend got a taxi to a hotel by the beach and paid for us to spend the night there. - Beautiful hotel! (Lamanaki!) After we packed up and got ready to leave we asked for our passports and the owner (Who just happened to be popping in!) was very resilient to giving us our passports back. Eventually he did as we told him we were leaving because the hotel was appalling. He wasn't bothered in the slightest.

We have photos and a page long list of everything that is wrong with this hotel which will be sent to Watchdog and other hotel review websites to stop anyone else going through what we had to there. We are trying to get a refund for the money that we wasted on this disgusting hotel.

PLEASE, DO NOT BOOK THIS. You really will regret it & wished you had stabbed forks in yours eyes to instead of having to stay in this absolute dive.

Enjoy your holiday, whatever you choose to do.

Room Tip: Here is a good tip.. dont go
Limassol, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My friend had booked through Travel Republic for a 1 night stay to have a night out in Napa.

Upon arrival at just after midnight we were greeted with a closed reception and a note to call one of two numbers below. After receiving no response from the first number a man answered the second number quoted and advised he would be there soon. 30 minutes later we were still waiting when my friend tried the first number again this time receiving a response he would be 5 minutes.

A young guy arrived and proceed to take our print out and check us in only for us to be told a few minutes later that we were not quoted on his manifest and he had no rooms available. He explained he was waiting for the Manager to arrive to sort the issue out. 5 minutes later a burly man arrived with a sour look on his face and the two men exchanged verses in Greek. The Manager then explained we were not on the list and he had no rooms. End of conversation. We asked what the procedure is therefore as Travel Republic website quoted there were 5 rooms available when we booked. He said they were wrong and there was nothing he could do but it was TR’s fault not his. The young man then advised us they had the same problem the day before with TR overselling the rooms and they had rang them to tell them of this. We stated that whoever’s fault it was, we had paid and were now here with nowhere to stay. Again we were answered with a point blank “It’s not my problem” whilst the shutters of reception were being pulled down.
By now we are getting agitated at the fact no help is being offered. I telephoned TR "Helpline" only I am still waiting for them to return my call and help!

The Manager was now being aggressive and rude to the point where he was telling us to get out of the hotel and that it is not his problem. We asked about the procedure regarding overbookings and the fact he should be providing us with alternative accommodation but this question was ignored as was the question requesting any other hotels that might be available instead.
I advised we would be complaining and would certainly not be booking to stay here again but his answer was that he didn’t care and we could do what we wanted.
As we drove past him in his car we were met with a sarcastic smile and wave.

We were left with no other choice than to find our own accommodation which thankfully we were able to do as we are familiar with Ayia Napa. I don’t know how I would have felt if it was my first visit and had been left stranded in this way.

Over an hour later my friend received a text message from one of the two men requesting our booking reference as they were apparently trying to sort our booking out even though they had practically thrown us out the hotel after telling us they didn’t care. I predict this was to save some face regarding a backlash from us or possibly to “alter” the manifest and then claim it was our error but as far as we were concerned it was too little too late after we had forked out for another hotel by then.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing…

Limassol, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We booked a room for 4 people, expecting a good night out in Agia Napa. We drove half way across the island as we booked online with Travel Republic. On arrival, the reception was closed and we had to wait half hour for the owner to arrive after calling and being told 5 mins. On his arrival he could not find our reservation and said it was our fault for booking with Travel Republic. To this day we have never had problems with Travel Republic. The owner did not care that we had paid for the room and refused to help at all. We are the customer therefore we were in the wrong for being angry! OK, so maybe Travel Republic overbooked or maybe the hotel booked rooms without notifying Travel Republic but they chose to do business with them therefore it is up to them to sort out these issues right? Well mr "I've done a business management course so dont tell me how to run my hotel and I couldn't care less if you come here or not" Mastronapa owner... don't worry we wont be visiting again - we will go elsewhere and so will everyone else we know. We live in Cyprus and I had driven, a cost of 50 euros in fuel - we know the area but suppose we didn't, suppose we had booked in the UK and taken flights, taxi's and turned up to find our reservation was invalid and it was our fault for booking to stay there and not somewhere else.
PLEASE BEAR THIS MIND BEFORE YOU CHOOSE TO STAY AT THE MASTRONAPA - THERE ARE FAR NICER PLACES WITH FAR NICER MANAGEMENT.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My friend Megan was absolutely right about the owner. His behavior was unacceptable.After long time waiting to check in because there was a problem with our reservation he enters the place without even saying HI and going straight to his office. When after a long time going out of his office he told us that we might be able to find you a room and that there is an extra charge for air condition. I told him i think i remember the aircondition was included and he started to be ironic instead of answering politely- at least to respect our frastration for all this time. Worst place i booked ever.I went for a round while i was waiting and checked the pool ----It was really dirty....Any way i left the place without spoiling my holidays. Thankfully I found somewhere else to stay!!

Room Tip: Read reviews before booking accommodation.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Mastronapa Apartments? Share your experiences!