Got back a few days ago from a week in Macronissos village club, I travelled with my partner, our son, who is almost 2 and the in laws and we all absolutely loved it!
The whole place was spotless, I had read the odd review about cockroaches so was quite apprehensive but we saw one cockroach the whole time we were there and that was by the pool. The maids were brilliant, they tidied every day and even washed up for us if we left the odd thing out! Fresh towels every other day too, which was brilliant. The kids pool was perfect, it was a great size and my son was in there constantly, the adults pool is great too and doesn't get too deep. There is an outdoor childrens play area on site which was good but the equipment got a bit too hot in the day with the sun being on it.
The staff were lovely and friendly and always happy to help. My parter is half Cypriot and had to get an exit visa to be allowed back out the country and they were extremely helpful about where to go to get this and how to get there etc.
For us the location was perfect. A short taxi/bus ride to Ayia Napa (just under 10 mins), taxi costing 10euros and bus just being 1.50euros. We went into the town most nights as we aren't ones to really watch entertainment in hotels. They have a fab funfair which is great for little ones, it's free to get in and they have a big indoor play area with a bouncy castle, which is also free and my son loved going here. The closest beach was macronissos beach, which was just under a 10 minute walk. This was perfect for familys as it wasn't too busy and there were many watersports there to choose from that were a lot cheaper than nissi beach. We walked to nissi beach one day and it was beautiful but not very family friendly.
The food is difficult to review, for a 3* it was good, there was always a vegetarian option, a fish option and at least 2 different types of meat options with a salad bar and veg. The majority of what we ate was really nice, we just felt that it would have been better if there was more of a selection. The restaurant was also very hot as they didn't always put the fans on in there. We ate out a couple of nights and the best place was just next door to the hotel, a restaurant called 'the garden of eden' we had a fantastic Meze there :)
Overall it was a fab holiday for a 3* resort and I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in a peaceful spot on the outskirts of Ayia Napa, The Macronissos Village Club is a complete tourist village with a rustic feel. The sweeping sands of Nissi Bay with its wide range of water sports are close by, as are tavernas and a water park. The pulsing nightlife in Ayia Napa can be reached in five minutes by car, or a quick hop on the bus from outside the hotel. Checking in at the lovely reception area, you will receive a warm welcome reflecting the attentive, high standard of service to come. Attractively decorated and well equipped bungalows with spacious terraces are set among extensive gardens filled with palms and beautiful bougainvillea. The gardens create a lush back drop to the large, beautiful swimming pool with children's pool attached. A wealth of facilities and an extensive leisure programme for all ages mean you'll be torn between an energetic time or a chilled out break. So why not have a bit of both? Engage with fellow guests in volleyball, football, tennis, or water polo, to name a few, before surrendering to a dreamy massage. Don't worry about the children; they'll be well taken care of at the Kids' club, with endless all-day fun with new-found friends. Buffet meals are served in the hotel's inviting restaurant, and sandwiches, ice cream and other snacks can be bought from the bar and by the pool. Each evening entertainment is laid on in the form of barbecues, bingo, karaoke and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Macronissos Vacation Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macronissos Vacation Club Hotel Ayia Napa
- Macronissos Village Ayia Napa
- Macronissos Village Hotel