We stated here as a family & I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends or family, however, we made the best of our holiday and I will make this a fair review.
The weather was beautiful.
The cleaning staff (for the rooms) worked very hard.
The pool is a good size.
There are plenty of beds / umbrellas.
We were forced to head to the beach most days due to the calibre of guests who Olympic advertised towards.
Two days running I sat in the baby pool with my little boy only to hear LOUDLY how much cocaine 2 of the guests had taken the night before. One had also been fighting in one of the bars & was relaying the story to her large group of friends. Most of the rest of the week several groups of guests were drunk & swearing round the pool, one group of girls even mouthing each others naked bobs for photos.
This was advertised as a family place & we complained to the rep but nothing ever happened & it just continued.
The rooms were in need of a desparate refit 30 years ago it was beyond basic for the money.
I'm not a snob but it was 1* at best however they were spacious & kept clean.
The entertainment team were foul mouthed & not appropriate for a family advertised resort.
At one point during early evening a fight had to be broken up in the outside entertainment area after dinner. For a family with little children this was horrific.
I would never ever book a holiday that wasn't advertised as family friendly. Locally the hotel had a bad rep (from speaking to locals & people on the beach who holiday in the area a lot)
I blame Olympic for advertising the place as a young/lively resort. It seems to attract large rough families also & that is the only reason I can give as to why some families think this is acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in a peaceful spot on the outskirts of Ayia Napa, The Makronisos Village is a complete tourist village with a rustic feel. The sweeping sands of Nissi Bay with its wide range of water sports are close by, as are tavernas and a water park. The pulsing nightlife in Ayia Napa can be reached in five minutes by car, or a quick hop on the bus from outside the hotel. Checking in at the lovely reception area, you will receive a warm welcome reflecting the attentive, high standard of service to come. Attractively decorated and well equipped bungalows with spacious terraces are set among extensive gardens filled with palms and beautiful bougainvillea. The gardens create a lush back drop to the large, beautiful swimming pool with children's pool attached. A wealth of facilities and an extensive leisure programme for all ages mean you'll be torn between an energetic time or a chilled out break. So why not have a bit of both? Engage with fellow guests in volleyball, football, tennis, or water polo, to name a few, before surrendering to a dreamy massage. Don't worry about the children; they'll be well taken care of at the Kids' club, with endless all-day fun with new-found friends. Buffet meals are served in the hotel's inviting restaurant, and sandwiches, ice cream and other snacks can be bought from the bar and by the pool. Each evening entertainment is laid on in the form of barbecues, bingo, karaoke and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookCyprus, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Makronisos Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macronissos Vacation Club Hotel Ayia Napa
- Macronissos Village Ayia Napa
- Macronissos Village Hotel