“Perfect - honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Limanaki Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Limanaki Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Limanaki Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1st October St 18 | PO Box 30295, Ayia Napa 5342, Cyprus   |
Ranked #29 of 104 hotels in Ayia Napa
Podgorica Municipality, Montenegro
“Perfect - honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everhing in hotel was very beautifull, and we are very satisfied with our honeymoon in cyprus and in limanaki beach hotel . Hotel has a perfect location, we rent a car in cyprus and it was very easy to see all beatifull beaches in ayia napa and in protaras

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Because of the reviews I choose to sleep in this hotel, but it was a big disappointment for a few reasons:

* No free WIFI - Okay, it's true that they didn't mention any free wifi on their website, but 20 euro for a day? it's 2014.. at the Nissi beach it cost only 2 euros for the whole day. But the worst part was - the reception don't have internet as well. At all. I don't need a concierge service, but at least some basic details that could be easily obtained online. We had to print our online airplane tickets, but we couldn't, so we went to do it at another hotel! Can you imagine a reception without internet?

* Hotel towels are not allowed at the pool. I would understand why they wouldn't let me take towels to the beach, but why can't I use it at the hotel pool? Should I scorch my back on those burning pool chairs or should I buy my own towel?

* It was mentioned at the hotel's website that there is a hair dryer in each room. We didn't have one, and when we ask at the reception, we were told they have only one extra hair dryer, but someone just took it. Sounds great, right?

* Room towel had stains (I can attach the photo later). I had no choice but to dry myself with it because there were no other towels left

* Shower head holder was broken

* Shampoo/soap holder was broken/loose, and when I laid on it the shampoo it fell on my feet.

* Room key was "demagnetized"? I was told it's because I kept it on my wallet, but I always keep there my room keys and never happened before.

* Nobody was at the front desk at 1 AM when we needed something urgently, so we had to wait until the morning.

* Phone didn't work in our room (there was a line, but the speed dial buttons didn't make the call)

I didn't give one star rating, because I think the staff were actually good. It looks like the management is forcing them to behave this cheap, so it all looks like a big mess. I would mention another good thing though - the breakfast - which was really great!

So all in all, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, and wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We arrived late on Sunday 11th May, check in was quick as there was only the 2 of us. Room was 406 and it was as nice as the pictures advertised. Spacious bedroom, lovely modern bathroom with 2 round modern sinks sitting on a long counter top with shelves underneath. There were toiletries provided, even tooth paste and tooth brushes and combs. Balcony was large and we had a fabulous view over the harbour and then the sea.
The cleaning staff work very hard and are very friendly.
Breakfast was served near the pool area and so you had nice views over towards the harbour and beach, The food was good, with a variety of things to eat. There is a lady working there called Margerita who is Swedish and she is very nice.
The pool area is not massively big but as 2 floors of the hotel have their own sunbeds there seemed to be plenty available round the pool. The umbrellas have wind up handles which makes it easier. There are steps to walk into the pool but no hand rail, which I think is needed.
The only down side to this hotel is having to pay for wifi. We had already paid 30 euros for the fridge and 20 euros for the safe so did not want to pay out any more money. I do think it should be free, even if its only available in reception.
But saying that we would go back again as we liked the location.

Room Tip: If I was paying extra for a balcony with sun beds on I would choose 201-206 as these get the sun lat...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed there last weekend and i must say i loved everything about the hotel. Excellent location. Loved the pool and my son (21 month old) loved the small playground next to the cafe of the hotel. I was afraid that been so central to the harbour might be too noisy at night, but didn't have an issue there. So close to everything, we walked up to Ayia Napa square and then to Paliatso Luna Park. I packed beach towels for the beach, but had to use them at the pool also, because the hotel does not provide pool towels...? Breakfast was nice for my tastes. Large rooms with great sea and pool views! (3rd floor room)
Will go back

Room Tip: top floor ones have better views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this beautiful hotel situated 50 meters from the marina and beach. The rooms and lobby are very modern and clean. It was quite and pleasant. The breakfast was good. My only complaint is the reception service. For some reason all the receptionists who dealt with us were obnoxious and unpleasant. Just try to get past them with minimum contact and you'll enjoy the rest of your stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just back from a week at this hotel which I chose because of knowing where it is located and fancying staying there and seeing it had been renovated fairly recently.
The hotel (pool area) faces directly onto Ayia Napa's harbour area and is a hop away from Limanaki beach and Grecian Bay beach a little further along. It's a great combination of sea front whilst fairly central to all the main action. The entrance to hotel reception is directly off the beach and wouldn't really impress but it's deceptive. Now if you're looking for a hotel with an animation programme/entertainment/loads of facilities this isn't the place for you but as I say, it's about this hotel's situation mainly. They do have a magic show on a Tuesday and I don't know if there's more going on later in the season. Reception is bright and modern although not huge. I have seen it likened to a canteen but I don't think that's really fair. There's a luggage store at the back of the small bar area. Across the pool and open to the harbour area you have the bar/reating spots. The pool is a reasonable size and there's a children's section too. Sunbeds are close together in parts but around the sides there's more space. It's not too busy at this time of year but could be later in the season. Sunbeds on the beach are only 2 Euro if you wanted a change. There are tables and umbrellas available. There's a small gym (didn't go in - I am on holiday!)/showers/loos on level -1. When you're leaving later in the day you have access to the showers and reception will give you towels/shower gel. I didn't use this so not sure if there are hair drying facilities down there too. Given that if you want late check out and IF it's available it'll cost 75 Euro (no way was I paying that) it's good to know you have an option. If you need iron/ironing board reception will provide these also. There's no free internet here at all. It cost 20 Euro for the week (you can purchase less). It only supports one device and I found the download speeds were good and speed consistent) It's great to have free internet but the cost for the week wasn't prohibitive and you make your choices don't you? Remember when we couldlive without all the technology and a picture postcard was the main form of communication?
Arrived late Saturday evening to a warm welcome from the reception staff and swiftly checked in. A gent directed me out to the pool area where my room was situated and the girl popped to the room to show me how to operate the safe which was a nice touch (although there are easy to follow instructions on the front of it - it's a digital one). The safe cost 10 Euro for the week.
I was staying in a deluxe pool view room. This was situated on the ground floor and indeed had a pool view which was still clearly visible even though the area is slighly elevated (as opposed to these rooms being 'underground' which some imply). The other rooms of this type are on the first floor which I would have preferred for privacy/security (no issues on that score just me being cautious as travelling solo) but it wasn't the end of the world. These rooms have a fairly spacious terrace area equipped with 2 chairs and a table, 2 sunbeds with mattresses and an umbrella. They have a little garden area in front seperating the terrace from the walk way. That is unless you're on the end nearest to the path coming out of reception (yes I was - room 108). This means the terrace is smaller and at an angle and feels closer to next door and certainly the people walking out from reception walk directly past, as do the majority of people going to eat. There was still room for all the equipment though if two of you were staying you might feel a bit hemmed in.
The room itself is accessed through a solid door which is bordered by wall to ceiling glass windows (not patio doors, so don't open). There's plenty of room; storage is sufficient; a table and 2 modern chairs which were fairly comfortable; a fridge (locked so payable I assume but I didn't need it so don't know how much); kettle/cups/glasses/spoons (provide your own tea/coffee); luggage table; hairdryer in dressing table drawer; safe in wardrobe; duvets and spare pillows also in wardrobe; good wooden clothes hangers!; wall mounted TV; good air con. The beds are soft but very comfortable. I had a great night's sleep. Flooring in tiled throughout. The bathroom is smallish but adequate and is a bit 'wet room' stylee. The walk in shower is shallow so you do need to be careful not to completely flood the room. Water pressure is good and water temperature constant and instant. Toiletries are provided (shower gel/shampoo/toothbrushes with miniature toothpaste/combs/shower caps/soap). Towels were changed as required and those in my room were always clean and good quality. Towels should not be used outside the room (people clearly did take them out though) but the hotel doesn't offer a pool towel option of any kind. A bottle of water (always welcome) and red wine (screw top - not the corked that someone mentioned they couldn't get into) I did hear reception tell a new guest about this and also mention fruit. I don't know if you get the fruit if you're in the next class of room? When I checked in I wasn't handed any hotel info but I thought it would be in the room. It's not - there is none. There's a sign on a noticeboard in reception which gives meal times (which I found when I went to enquire about breakfast next day) and anything else you'll need to check with reception. There is no 'do not disturb' sign for the room so a lie in could be rudely interrupted by maid service - and provide an eyeful if you're in one of the ground floor pool view rooms!
Cleaning was to a good standard both in the room and the common areas. It was going on all through the day and the pool area was cleaned thoroughly every morning. I saw plenty of cleaners and they were all working hard. There was always a hello for you too.
I was staying B&B so can only comment on that meal. There was plenty of choice - juices/fresh fruit/yoghurt/cheese/meats/salad/bread/pastries/donuts. If you want the cooked brekky you're quids in - everyday there were mushroom/onions/tomatoes/bacon/sausage/beans/hashbrowns (could be a bit hard those sometimes)/boiled eggs/fried eggs plus scrambled eggs alternated with egg/ham omelette. All really tasty. There's no live cooking but everything was replenished regularly. It was all hot enough for me. There's a couple of juice machines (orange/cranberry/water and can't remember the other one). The orange was nice. 2 coffee machines serving cappachino/mocha/black and hot water and a couple of toasting machines which were quick enough - though you may have to send the bread round twice depending how you like it.
Just like to add that the ladies on reception were always lovely and whilst I was waiting for my transfer pick up (happily reading my book) one of them popped over a couple of times to see if I needed anything, did I want a drink? (on the house) and to not hesitate to ask if I needed anything at all. This was really sweet.
So would I stay here again. Well yes I wouldn't have any hesitation (although to wean me away from my favourite Napa Plaza will take a lot). It's a great, friendly,simple hotel but in the right location for me and I'm sure lots of other people too. There are some Brits staying, some Germans but mainy Russians. At this time of year, although pretty much fully booked, the hotel/area was still peaceful and so long as you're mindful that each Nationality has their own ways (being diplomatic here) you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Deluxe pool view room on first floor would have the better views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed for 1 week at the end of April. We had a room on the second floor which had a lovely sea and harbour view. The room was immaculately clean and bright. The bed was very comfortable with lovely clean bedding. There was maid service every single day and the sheets were changed during our weeks stay. The towels were changed daily.

We opted for half board. There was a good variety on offer at breakfast, including full English. At night it was a buffet service which lead to my only grumble in that some of the food was not hot. However, we spoke to the resaurant manager and asked if we could have lunch instead of evening meal for half board. He was happy to oblige and gave us a special lunchtime menu which had a good variety to choose from. The food from this menu was cooked to order and was delicious. Also the house wine was only £7 for a litre!

All in all the hotel was great value for money and its position next to the harbour and beach is the best in Ayia Napa. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ground floor delux are overlooked by everyone who walks by. 1st floor have large balconys with sund...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Limanaki Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!