“well located and nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Napa Plaza Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 30305, Ayia Napa 5343, Cyprus   |
Ranked #7 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
londres
“well located and nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

we went to Cyprus from the 5th to the 12th of April 2009, just before "the tourist rush" and the "clubers". it was very quiet, the weather was nice (a bit windy sometimes).According to the locals, July and August are extremely busy in Ayia Napa ( easy to believe when you see the amounts of pubs, clubs and restaurants!).
The hotel is well located: 5-10 minutes walk from the beach and the little harbour; next door to the Monastery ( to be seen!).It's a very trendy hotel, clean and well decorated. The outdoor swimming-pool area is nice and the Yacht bar is very pleasant ( on the other hand, the indoor pool is very disappointing: not heated, cold atmosphere - maybe nicer in summer time). The staff are absolutely superb: very friendly, very helpfull.
I would recommend to go half-board: the food is very nice ( varied, different themes every nights ( i.e. barbecue, tropical, cypriot, very nice salads...). On the other hand the desserts aren't that good but it isn't a big deal as everything else is really nice! The breakfast is also very good. just note that if you go half board you will have to pay extra for your beverages ( even the water, which is a bit surprising).
The evening animations were okay but not really to our taste ( traditional dance, live music (80's) and on Saturday evening "Party time" ( i.e. very loud Dance music until 2 pm!! not very fun when you try to sleep!!).
Above all, I would recommend this hotel for its location, its staff and its features.this hotel doesn't accept booking with children - however, there were few children in the hotel....

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

Writing this review quite a while after actually being on the holiday, but thought I'd share my views for anyone checking up on it!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last year in July after reading a lot of reviews. It seemed to fit the bill for our needs (adult only, close to centre, nice rooms etc.) After a long, hot bus journey to the hotel (one of the last to be dropped off) we arrived at the hotel and checked in reasonably quickly. We got to our room where we found two single beds after requesting a double. My boyfriend went back down to the reception and asked for a room change. The staff at reception said they would send someone up to our room to fix it. Eventually someone arrived and simply put a thin double mattress over the two beds. This was suitable enough, but we did find that there was still a gap in between the beds which was quite uncomfortable. That aside, the room was very clean and had nice decor. One factor which we did think was a downside was the view from our room (the tennis courts at the back of the hotel). This turned out to be a plus side as we had hardly any noise from the front of the hotel at night :)

The location of this hotel is perfect, it's next to pretty much everything and 2 mins from the square with all the nightlife! (A really good pub before heading out is Tommy's Bar, which is down the road when you turn right out of the hotel, great if you like karaoke!)

Breakfast is ok, although we found because it finished at 10am and we had normally been out the night before, we didn't make it apart from 2 mornings. But from what we saw it was good :)

We went on one trip on our holiday which was the "Yellow Submarine" at the harbour, basically a boat with portholes in the bottom to see into the water, would recommend it! (I've included some pics of it too). Apart from that trip, we didn't do any others as we were only there for the week. But with the square and a lot of shop, we didn't feel we had any spare time!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place to young couples/groups who want to both relax by the pool without any kids running about and also who want to enjoy being really close to all of the nightlife!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

We booked this hotel based on the great reviews found on tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is immaculately clean, our junior suite with a balcony and pool view was fab.

Check in smooth and efficient, staff friendly, breakfast great. We did find drinks in the main bar to be fairly expensive but that's only a minor niggle, due to the hotel's central location, 10 steps in any direction will take you to another bar or restaurant.

It's about a 10-15 min walk to the beach, the polynesian restaurant across the road is fantastic, we ate there twice and would highly recommend it.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again if we return to Ayia Napa.

Stayed June 2008
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

Stayed at this property last year and was very impressed so we decided to stay here again this year - we were not disappointed. We stayed in a Junior Suite pool view room and everything was just great. Loved the breakfast in the morning - lots to choose from. The dinner in the evenings was well worth the 15 Euros each - there was a big selection of food.

We were celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary this year and it was lovely that the staff left some flowers, a card and an extra bottle of wine in our room wishing us a happy anniversary.

The location is excellent if you want to be in the middle of things yet the property is not affected by noise from the nearby clubs and bars. It is a few minutes walk away from the harbour (turn right out of the hotel and keep walking straight until you reach the harbour) - the beach here is not the best in Ayia Napa but it is still very relaxing to sit at one of the restaurants with a cool drink and take in the view of the sea.

Lastly, I have to mention all the wonderful staff at the Napa Plaza who work hard to make your stay enjoyable: On reception there was Andry, Chara, Mamia, Georgios, Tasoulla and Costas on night duty. In the restaurant I can only remember two - George and Neophytos but they were all brilliant. Unfortunately I didn't find out the names of any of the maids but they work really hard in keeping the place clean.

If anyone at the Napa Plaza is reading this - Thanks for another memorable stay and we hope to see you next year!

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

Me and my partner have just returned from a week at the Napa Plaza afer a fantasitc holiday.

We arrived on 8th October at about 10pm...after a speedy check in we went to our room having to walk past the impressively lit pool; it's beautiful at night and a pool view room is highly recommended. On a side note the weather in October is still fantastic...it was 27-29 degrees throughout the week.

First the room; size wise it's decent, not huge but definately not too small...it's what you need. The decor is very modern with a flat screen TV, huge walled mirror and walled leather headrest on the bed. The bed was huge and very comfy. We had a pool view, which was a great decision as the pool area is beautiful. Only one english plug socket was a little downside, we had to switch between phone charges and the kettle at different times.

The food...well we only stopped bed and breakfast so i can only comment on the breakfasts. The selection was faily good but it did become a tad repative towards the end of the week. I feel this is the case no matter where you stay. On the plus side, fresh food wash always being brought out and was good well. I ate at the outdoor resturaunt for lunch on one day, the food was nice but quite pricey.

The staff were very very friendly, always smiling and asking how you are. The room cleaners always said hello (although i dont think they spoke English). The rooms were cleaned very well and it was very pleasant to return from a day at the pool to a fresh, clean room.

The pool is excellent. Sun loungers go quick on the side of the pool that gets the most sun. However we went out at 9am each day and left our towels before breakfast. The pool area is very clean and well presented.

The location cannot be beaten, the hotel is situated a short walk away from the square on a road that has numerous resturaunts and bars. It is set back enough so that the noise doesn't bother sleeping guests (apart from one night where it was very noisey till about 1am).

Overall i would rate the hotel 8/10 and will return again in a few years when i go back to cyprus. Considering it's rated a 3* on some sites it far exceeded my expectations hence my 5 rating.

• Liked — Location, Pool, Cleanliness, Modern.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

Well I stayed here for two weeks at the end of September/beginning October.

The transfer from Larnaca airport is about an hour, and upon arrival I was greeted by friendly staff. Unfortunately the first key card I got was not functioning correctly so had to go back to reception to have it re-activated, which was a little annoying since I was right at the back of the hotel and tired!

The hotel itself is very clean and tidy, with friendly staff. The rooms are nice although slightly small, so if you want to swing a cat around with other people forget it!

Also on room location, if you have a room at the front (0-50 I think) you are going to be over the Peppers bar or restaurant so could be a bit too noisy if you go to bed early. I was at the back which was pretty quiet, although the bells from the Monastery can be heard, but that is same for the whole hotel. Personally the bells didn't bother me at all.

The location is good since the central "square" in Ayia Napa is literally 30 seconds walk from the front of the hotel. The hotel also has a Peppers bar out front which is nice.

Regarding the facilities, there is a gym which is kitted out with resistance machines/weights, but no bicycle/treadmills. The gym can get very hot during the day (no working aircon) so go in the morning or late in the evening. The pool is very nice although someone did cut their toe on the bottom when been pushed in [:D] due to a few missing tiles on the bottom; I presume repairs are done out of season as the pool would require draining.

The breakfast is very good with a wide choice of options (and cake!), The evening buffet was fine for my needs although the lack of potato type things (chips, baked, boiled etc) on some nights left me a little short on carbs :) The desserts where fantastic for me, especially the chocolate cake!

The pool bar is reasonably priced and has decent food for lunch (Ham and no cheese toastie please :P). The staff are also friendly.

There is internet access at the hotel, 3 Euros for 1 hour, which does not have to be all taken in one session. A word of warning though, the machines are not secure, nor if you just log out or run out of time will your browser be closed. I found when I logged in that I could see previous peoples browsers, some of which where still left logged into hotmail/msn! I did notify the hotel and they are going to look into the issue. Until then I recommend anyone using public internet access to sign out off the website, delete browsing history (tools->delete browsing history) and then log out. Of course you should do this anyhow on any public machine...

If you are going to go to the beach, Nissi beach is about a 30-40 minute walk away, although I caught the bus there in the mornings from the stop opposite the hotel (cost is 1.50 Euros, the tickets have 2.00 Euros off coupon for the waterpark/gokarts on the back). However I walked back as the buses are not that regular. The harbour beach is about a 5 minutes walk away and is also very nice, although has slightly less facilities.

The local area is nice to walk around during the day doing the touristy type things of taking pictures, looking at the monastery and so on. By night I found it surprisingly pleasant. Hardly any drunk and throwing up people, instead families, couples, single people, kids in pushchairs and so on. I gather in peak season it is more "clubby" though.

There are plenty of trips to see the history of Cyprus, boat trips and all that as well.

Regarding other tourists, the mixture is mainly British and Russian with a sprinkling of people from other European countries. I found pretty much all pleasant and fine to talk with (well the ones I talked with) and there are plenty of attractive women to pass the time with! ;D

The weather was good mostly, although one day it did rain, which is very unusual for the time of the year. Generally high 20s to mid 30s c during the day and ~24c during the night.

All in all I would definitely go back again and stay at this hotel, since it is nice and central, good staff and has some character, unlike the other concrete blocks.

Now need just to win the lottery and retire out their! :D

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here at the start of September and picked this hotel from the reviews on Tripadvisor. We arrived late at night, our check in went smoothly, our bags brought to the room which was nice. We booked the Superior pool view room even thought it just barely got a view of the pool, but really didnt matter as how much viewing of the pool can you do on a holiday?!! Bed was comfy and bathroom was standard. Room was cleaned everyday which I liked. We got a plate of fruit and a bottle of red wine which we asked to change for white and was no problem at all. Breakfast was fine, lots of choice but make sure to be up before 10. I would recommend half board as there was lots of nice restuarants around the resort which were reasonably priced.
Ayia Napa was really nice aswell, we hired a car for two days from the car rental place to the right as you come out of the hotel, 80euro for two days which wasnt too bad. We also rented quads for the last two days of the holiday which i preferred as they're much handier when shopping! I wouldn't recommend doing the motor safari as they take you on a trail that last bout half a day, much better to rent them out for the day yourself and go where you like. Just make sure you bring your full licence or some places accept just the number off it if you forget it.
I would have to say if i am ever going back to Ayia Napa I would definately stay at the Napa Plaza, perfect location and excellent accommodation considering the amount of time you spend in your room anyway!

• Liked — Room service
  • Disliked — Hard sofa! :(
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Napa Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!