“Best best best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Larnaka, Cyprus
“Best best best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Excellent Management, Very Very friendly and helpful staff, very good location in the center of Ayia Napa, Very clean, Excellent facilities, Excellent restaurants. we definitely recommend it.
This is one of the best hotel we had.

Room Tip: Our south side room was really perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Catherine997,

Thank you for taking the time to write this encouraging feedback. Our staff tries their upmost to meet and exceed our guests expectations and we are glad that you have experienced this.
We look forward to sharing some more fun and memorable times again in the future

Vera Kosma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Well I have to say, I honestly couldn't be happier with booking this hotel. I love using trip advisor and going by other peoples opinions as I feel that sometimes you can miss sold but tour operators. I booked this hotel and from the moment I checked in to the moment i left I felt so relaxed and comfortable.

I was greeted by Costas and checked in, the room was clean and was as I saw in the pictures (always good). As I booked the Bed and Breakfast option, I always made sure that I got up early to enjoy it. The breakfast was great with so much on offer, so there is definitely something for everyone. As I had checked in with my friend, we got treated to a free bottle of Champagne on her Birthday which was amazing and really unexpected. It was left in our room, with a note and bucket - I mean if that isnt service I don't know what is.

Every night I got back from a night out, there was always someone on reception and security and I never felt unsafe.

The only one thing I have to criticise is that, the room we were placed in was part of an adjoining room. Yes, the door was locked, but you could hear everything from the room next door. We were woken up at around 7am with them singing and playing music, and yes we had only got in ourselves an hour before them, we weren't best pleased. I didn't complain, for the fact that its holiday and they were having fun, but just be aware that if you get a room like that and you have noisy neighbours you will be able to hear everything.

Apart from that, the pool area was clean, and well looked after, although in certain areas there was some mold and discolouring. Towels were provided for the pool area and the room was cleaned everyday. All the staff were friendly and helpful and so polite.

I would 100% recommend this hotel, whether its for business or pleasure. The restaurants offered great tasting food with different themed nights in there buffet style restaurant, free wifi and great atmosphere.

If you're looking for comfort, great location (not far from the nightlife/ main square) and with all the comforts from home, this is one of the best places to stay in Napa.

Room Tip: Try and book a room with a pool view, as that area is lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Chelle198625,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We greatly appreciate your encouraging feedback and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed stay with us. On behalf of the whole team we would like to thank you very much for your kind comments and have also taken note about the pool. Be sure this will be part of our ongoing improvements.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks in July. First impressions were great staff friendly etc. However when we were taken to our room the key card didnt work on our door. We were then given a key which didnt work properly either and once we eventually got into the room you couldnt then lock the door when you went out. We were told maintenance would fix it 4 visits to reception and 26 hours later it was fixed.

The other main problem was in the welcome pack it said men were required to wear long trousers on an evening. Prior to this I had e-mailed the hotel and queried this to have a reply saying at this time of year seating was outside so shorts were fine to wear. My partner was concerned so asked reception because we hadn't packed any and we were quite bluntly told that he had to wear long trousers. Once i told the lady about the email she was quite surprised and wanted to see it. I said i could get my phone to show her but she said she would check with management and let us know later. We were then told it was fine as long as they were knee length and we sat outside. To my shock when we came down for our meal that evening every single male was wearing shorts oh yes and sitting both in the restaurant and outside, this really annoyed me after the hassle we had about it.

Now I am aware that the hotel is in the centre of Ayia Napa and this was great for convenience etc but the holiday company misleads this to be a 4* adults only hotel when it was clearly full of no one over the age of 25 and on 3 occasions we were woken at 6 in the morning by people coming in from clubbing, which is fine but for 20 minutes they proceeded to run up and down the corridor banging on each other's doors screaming and shouting. I also had a few 'prank' calls to our room. If I was 5 years or more older I would have considered moving hotels because of this.

However there are some good points

food was brilliant, plenty of choice and the best cocktails by the most lovely bar staff. Nice big pool and very clean. Room was great and the cleaners work very hard and we had one who was sooooo nice and friendly and also on my birthday a bottle of bubbly was brought to my room from
the hotel which was really nice.

personally I wouldn't go back to this hotel just for the fact of the age group but it is in a brilliant location and is one of the cleanest hotels although the pool is missing quite a few tiles!!!

• Stayed July 2014
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear EVEYBEAN

First of all let us thank you for choosing Napa Plaza Hotel for your stay in Cyprus and for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cleaning, the food, the birthday present, the cocktails and the pool.

We have noted your comments regarding the room key and we shall ensure this is not repeated in the future, thank you for bring this to our attention.

Regarding long trousers we really apologize for the miscommunication. Usually, weather permitted we served our dinner outside and we allow wearing short trousers. During your stay in Napa Plaza Hotel because of the strong weather conditions we needed to serve the dinner inside.

On the subject of ages kindly have in mind that our guest age ranges according the season, that’s why during high season we attacked by younger ages.

If you come back to our hotel contact me personally at sales@napaplaza.com so we can go above and beyond your expectations! We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

my second time going to this hotel .The only time I been to a hotel twice. First time I went there arrived late in my room was water and sandwiches .Breakfast next day so much to choice from
and from day one the staff was so friendly . Drinks brought to me by the pool and cool flannels
every day it got better .And you can venture out the hotel and you are in the main street I walk ed
all round the shops . When it was time for me to leave again the staff was so nice carrying my
suitcase to the coach. cant wait to book in again .As I am a single person getting on in my years
I was so please I chose this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mickybe,

Thank you for your review and for honouring us with your repeated visits. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed once again your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Sue and I were at Napa Plaza for 2 weeks (25 June to 09th July) for our 30th wedding anniversary holiday! The hotel is situated in the heart of Napa, perfect location for young and old - shops/bars and restaurants very central, and "The Square" just a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel. The reception staff (Mamia, Vera and Katerina) are very welcoming, and always polite and courteous. Mamia showed us around the hotel/rooms on arrival - we decided to stay in a room that was near the pool, but not with a pool view - nice and quiet :-) Breakfast has an excellent choice - continental or cooked - the choice is yours - you won't go hungry! The pool bar is well stocked and the staff here (Xanis, Constantinos, Demitri, Michael and Debbie) are all very friendly - Happy cocktail hour at 5pm, and again at 9pm! The hotel staff of Stavri Attouni (Service and Quality manager), Yianna and George are all charming and always happy to have a chat! As for the rooms - we are both realist - plenty of space and adequate for what we wanted - shower/bed/fridge/balcony :-) The hotel itself has various bars and restaurants - I would recommend the Meze restaurant, great local Greek food and excellent service (George gets everywhere - breakfast/lunch/restaurants - he certainly puts the hours in!). We highly recommend this hotel for anyone - great/friendly staff, fab location - what more can I say! We will definitely go back on our next visit to Cyprus...

Room Tip: Wifi is free around the pool/gym and lobby areas, but not in the rooms! We stayed in room 111 which...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Dave B,

We couldn’t have asked for a better recommendation for our hotel; many thanks for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Cyprus. Your comments are appreciated and we look forward to the opportunity to host you once again should you travel to the area in the future.

Limassol, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The location is perfect for some great restaurants and pubs.Most of the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious ,clean and modern.Lastly ,I was impressed by the quality of the hotel's restaurants .I would stay here,again, although it was quite noisy......

Stayed July 2014
Dear Katerina S,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, we greatly appreciate your encouraging feedback - we hope to see you again soon!

Lee, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We visited napa plaza at the beginning of july four girls. It was mign and my best friends 2nd trip to napa plaza so the first time i will not deny we found the hotel ok we picked this hotel due to bed and breakfast and not been studio apartments like ones offerd for self catering due to one friend been a vegetarian and we knew the breakfast was nice and plent to offer.

On arrival we didnt have a room was sat waiting around they gave two of us a deluxe room for one night till the following morning. After breakfast we went back down with our cases and also our other friends bcuz they didnt have a balacony and we smoke. The first room was ready within 30min our friends was given a room they had to ask me where is our room was given no help or direction to the room lucky enough we knew where to semd them. After over and hour wait we finally got a room aswell this was due to our lovely jet2 rep kicking off with staff over this. While waiting i slopped down in chair n staff asked me to sit up felt like i was in school.

Once we got our room goes up there with three people there cleaning n telling us still not ready lighting not working etc.... after carrying suitcase up three flights stairs no help again. So this point we got feed up dumped our cases in friends room and went to the pool. Went to check at 1330pm to find they had left and we cud go in our room. So all in all we didng unoack till a full day after our holiday was waisted.

The pool is disgusting tiles are coming off all ova the pool. Booked a buffet meal had dessert and waitresses dumped the bill didnt ask us about anymore drinks or anything. We noticed russian couple getting help with cases n was four young girls we recieved no help at all.

Before attending holiday i contacted napa plaza 3 times to arrange some wine and strawberrys on arival for birthdays no1 ever got back to me one occasion on instagram a member staff gave me email n still when i emailed didnt get back in touch. I can onky say the bar staff are nice people here and one lasy with curly hair on reception friendly the rest where rude felt like bk in school got impression unless you whefe rusiian they didnt care.

The air conditioning broke down 2nd day and all they did was leave a peace card so tht ot would work. And my two friends reported phone broken was never fixed even after they had been followed to there room.

Hotel n holiday price now is £800 this is only 3star not worth this price when can stay at big adam beach hotel 5* facing nissi beach for £1000 same time year bigger hotel better rooms more then one pool ohhhh and can use inflatables in the pool amazed me we couldnt use one but then people where smoking sat on the edge pool.

Check out is 12pm be careful tho my friends had nap before leaving room n maids was standing end there bed at 11am asking why they still there we know this cuz paid extra money for late checkout in one room. So they decided let themselves in hour early n stand at end bed to scare my friends who woke up to them.

Never again!!!!!!!! Especially not this hotel felt so unwelcome.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear swainy57,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. As you may be able to see from reviews this is an individual insolent and we really apologize. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best

Vera Kosma

Been to Napa Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!