“The best in Ayia Napa” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 30305, Ayia Napa 5343, Cyprus   |
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Ayia Napa
“The best in Ayia Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

As my first holiday on my own I wanted somewhere:

1. Relaxing
2. Centrally located, safe and within easy reach of restaurants
3. Good quality facilities
4. Great reputation
5. Good for adults (didn't want to go to a 'family' hotel, nor did I want to go to a 18-30 type of place either!)
6. And more importantly....Luxury!

At Napa Plaza I got all this AND MORE!! I actually went for 7 nights and loved it so much, I extended my stay to 11 night! What can I say, I just couldn't leave!

There was the fantastic range of bars and entertainment! 'Fabulous Thursdays' for a start, a signature evening held in hotel grounds/pool and the Pepper Bar, organised by the most amazing entertainment coordinator Demitri Voniates! It starts during the day, with a fantastic pool party for the residents of the hotel, slick DJ sounds and beautiful podium dancers, the whole afternoon was a fabulous experience. All followed by a fantastic evening in the Pepper Bar with brilliant music from the DJ yet again.

Moving in to the actual hotel, the room I was given on arrival was a free upgrade to a deluxe room, very nice of them! The room itself was gorgeous, clean and with a fantastic view of the swimming pool. I slept like a baby throughout the whole time I was there. It was so quiet and comfortable. My room was also immaculately cleaned on a daily basis.

I ate breakfast there every day. It ranged from fresh fruits, breads, cold meats, salad, cheeses, cereals, hot breakfast foods, yogurts (Greek of course!) and even champagne!

I dined at Plateia (the Mezze Restaurant) 3 times during my stay. I must say, in Cyprus, as a single person it's quite difficult to find anywhere that will do Mezze for 1 person! Mainly due to the fact you have so many course to try. At Plateia my prayers were answered! I got to try so many home cooked style, Cypriot dishes, I always left having eaten to the brim! Everything I had was delicious, but especially the moussaka :@) the portions are supposed to be small, as this is Mezze, however there were of ample size, 3 or four dishes and a salad are plenty of one person (if you are a big eater!!). Make sure you follow your meal with a nice Cypriot coffee too :) Oh and not forgetting the staff here at Plateia! The guys there gave a perfect service! I had 4 waiters serving my table at one point! They couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, a real pleasure to dine here.

I also had a few meals at both the Cafe and the yacht Bar - both we're fantastic and great value for money. The staff at both of these were also really lovely, always friendly and really helpful. In particular Xenis from the Yacht bar made the best cocktails! Whilst were on the subject of cocktails, Bambi the bar man from Pepper bar made fantastic cocktails too, I spent most evenings here and was always served within seconds and the cocktails were always delicious!

The ladies on reception were always smiling and wonderfully helpful. In fact, this was one of the things that made my holiday (along with the entertainment!) the quality of the service was so good, I was always made to feel like a valued guest, which meant a lot to me. They always went the extra mile.

I also visited their in-house Spa for a massage....TWICE!! Ruta, the massage therapist has MAGIC HANDS! I asked for a 'strong massage' I.e. something similar to a sports massage as such, to get rid of my knots. I have been suffering with shoulder and neck problems for some months due to pulling a muscle a few months ago.....well Ruta, picked this up immediately and got to the problem straight away, using all sorts of techniques. I could tell she was extremely experienced as I have had lots of different type of massage over the years and it was like she had combined so many types into one, tailored especially for me, I was in heaven and I left feeling as light as a feather, it was so good, I booked myself in for another the day before my return to the UK!

Not forgetting the location of this hotel, you'd never know it was here, tucked away within the hustle and bustle of Napa! It has the best pre-club bar in town too, definitely the place to have a few cocktails and a bit of a dance to get you in the mood.

The overall quality of this hotel is definitely the best you'll find in Ayia Napa. Reasonably priced, high standards, excellent choices of restaurants and bars and entertainment that'll leave you feeling like you want to do it all over again!! I can't wait to return, and am already looking at booking my next visit!

I arrived at Napa Plaza, feeling a bit nervous about being solo.... I left feeling like a new person! Words cannot describe how fantastic my time was at Napa Plaza, you will have to try it yourself!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Lou
Firstly many thanks for writing such a detailed review regarding your stay here at Napa Plaza Ayia Napa, I am sure many people will read this and it will convince them that their choice booking with us was the right one! Or it will entice them to do so...... thanks again for sharing your experiences of our facilities in your comments and that they exceeded your expectations.
It was a pleasure to have you staying with us for your extended duration, lets hope you make it back again so that we can share many more fun and memorble moments with you :-) ...please upload any pictures that you have.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent hotel, really nice and tidy! The staff are pretty friendly , the food is good. My favorite feature was the location it's pretty strategical :d close to the shops and restaurants also on a walking distance of the clubs. There's also a bus station nearby.

I didn't check out the spa , so I can't really judge. Other than that this place is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool :))
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay here at Napa Plaza Ayia Napa, they are very much appriciated and shared with the whole team - we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future :-)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Myself and my wife are just back from napa plaza. When we first saw this on the Thomas cook brochure it looked great and adults only . When we arrived we were given a good welcome and had cold drinks . Then asked if we wanted to upgrade at 20 euros per night as we'd already upgraded we reclined . What I would say about napa plaza is this hotel is more aimed at the 18 to 30 groups . And mostly filled with eastern Europeans. Pool during the day was ok no need for getting up early for beds round pool always abundance of beds. Pool could do with a good clean as algae all round the sides and on tiles . Also pool needs retiled as they hundreds of tiles missing in the pool . . Service at the bar was great always happy to help you . Fabulous Thursday's is when the fun begins shear pounding music for 4 hrs. 3 till 7 . That's when the round the pool is full and everyone drinking in the pool which is a no go any other day off the week . Night time is when the fun begins . You get people playing football in the corridors doors banging and shutting all night . People chapping your doors music blaring in the room at all hrs . I myself had to phone reception to complain about the music at 3 in the morning .some people dont have any respect for people who are sleeping when they are coming back at 5 and 6 in the morning . Shouting singing . All in all napa plaza is nice hotel but not for couples or over 30s . And Thomas cook should look at what kind of people they recommend this hotel too after the money we paid for it .

• Stayed July 2013
We would like to personally thank you for your review and your comments. We understand your disappointment with our product and the service provided to you and would like to thank you for your constructive feedback.
It is only within the 2 weeks of August that we have as livley clietel in the Hotel. The rest of the time, as you can see from the majority of reviews, Napa Plaza is a tranquil, pleasent and relaxing place to stay with a modern twist. We deeply regret that you have had an unpleasant experience while staying with us and we hope your next visit to Ayia Napa is that of a better nature.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

In July 14th-28th 2013, myself and my partner booked a style holiday with Thomas Cook. We were assured that this would be a quality hotel and that there would Not be large groups of youths. Unfortunately this was not a quality holiday this was actually what we would call an 18 to 30,s holiday . Which wouldn't have been a problem but we are both in our 40,s and paid over £2000 for the holiday .When we arrived we were shown to our room and whilst we started to unpack we opened the balcony door and was greeted 3 floors up by a naked Russian male , who was completely intoxicated and aggressive we called security who removed the naked male and then moved us to another room , a twin room . When we stated that we had booked a style holiday and we were told that we would have a king size bed we were told by the management that this was incorrect and that if we required a larger bed then we would need to pay an extra 237.00 euros .We were told that Thomas cook had shown us the incorrect photo of the room and that we has been miss sold the holiday . We paid the extra money due to health reasons . through out the holiday we moved rooms 3 times we experienced banging on the doors at all Hours of the day and night. We could hear youths running up and down the corridors all night , loud music blasting out of the rooms . We also found a young person unconscious in the corridor out side our door. just to put the icing on the cake later during our holiday , the pool side became a place where a large group had commandeered to smoke weed and take recreational drugs , whilst blasting out their music. After all of this when we arrived home we noticed that the SD card had been stolen from our phone . The phone had not been taken out of our room during our 14 day stay . and was left on the bed side table . The conclusion is that this hotel should not be sold as a style hotel . this hotel should be marketed as an 18. to 30, s .This hotel was certainly not suitable for the holiday which we had been promised and sold . Infact we will be making a written complaint to Thomas Cook and will be expecting this to be investigated . we will never go back to this hotel and would never recommend the napa plaza as a luxury holiday . this experience should have been sold as a budget holiday and was definitely not worth the £2000 pounds which we paid .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
NapaPlaza1, General Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We sincerely thank you for placing your comments about your stay in our hotel. It is evident that, no matter the persistent efforts that our team invest in maintaining a high standard establishment that we do not always achieve the expected results. We do understand and anticipate that it is not always possible to satisfy all our guests. It is therefore within our hotel culture to analyze and learn from constructive comments that will help us to improve and satisfy even more of our guests in the future .

At the same time we have learned to distinguish the unfair and unjust comments and it is our opinion that unfortunately your comment falls into this category. The largest part of your complaint refers to Thomas Cook and the wrong room you booked or was booked for you and the large amount of money you paid. As a hotel we have allocated the correct room for you and in accordance to the voucher you bought. The reason you changed you room and paid more money was because you believed that you paid for a different room and YOU wished to change to a higher category. The hotel and myself in person explained this to you and gave you a letter that could help you get refunded in the event that Thomas Cook made a mistake.

As far as the repeat accusations you have about our clientele we wish to inform you that we are proud to deliver the best of our services to all our guests no matter nationality or age. We are unable and we also do not wish to control the age of any of our guest. It is however true that in the whole of Ayia Napa we attract as a resort more younger guests in July and part of August and this is not a secret to anyone. With regards to the incident that you described and although it was something out of our control we have as management expressed our gesture to you. At the same time we find your comments about the youths around the pool as totally unacceptable and malicious as we are receiving multiple positive comments on a daily basis about our pool operation.

Last but not least something that describes the unfairness of your comment is the following.
Why, Sir since you sent us an e-mail saying that whilst shaking your beach bag in the garden of the hotel your SD card fell in the garden do you now say that this card was stolen from your room.

Our hotel has almost 700 comments most of which are excellent. We are sorry your comment is not one of them but we do believe you treated us unfairly especially since whilst meeting with you, your comments were very positive about the hotel services.

We hope your next visit in Ayia Napa will be a more pleasant one.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The quality was excellent and high-standard. The location was great! (in the heart of Ayia Napa, close to all amenities, shops, restaurants, bars, clubs). The staff was always very keen to help and assist us, and was very friendly! The rooms were always clean, tidy, (felt in love with the design - modern).

The sushi bar was simply amazing!!!! I liked everything i've tried!

I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We would like to thank you again for being such wonderful guests and also for writing this review. Here at Napa Plaza we strive for excellence and feedback of this nature is always cherished and shared with the entire team....please feel free to share memorable photos with us :-)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Myself and another friend stayed in this hotel at the end of June this year and I can't wait to go back! The hotel is immaculate, and the rooms are clean and spacious. I would definitely recommend getting a room with a balcony facing the pool as the rooms facing the street are quite noisy. Apart from that the staff are extremely helpful and the food and drinks in the hotel are of a High standard.

Definitely good for young people/couples, great location as its close to the beach, restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Chose pool facing room, or one away from the main road
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this encouraging feedback. Our staff tries their upmost to meet and exceed our guests expectations and we are glad that you have experienced this. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Stevenage, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was so disappointed after my stay here recently. We paid well over £2,000 for our holiday here and it was so unbelievably average and not a good price for the quality of the hotel. When we arrived they tried to con us into spending 'only 10euros a day' for a pool view room, which would've equated to 100euros, when we got up to our room we found that it already faced the pool, so we would have wasted 100euros should we have accepted!!The reception staff are not helpful at all and it is like they can't be bothered to be there, there are bugs in the pool (water boatman or something similar), the food is expensive for what it is, room service is expensive for what you get and you're charged 3euros for them to walk up 1 flight of stairs - especially considering what we paid, music around the pool in the day was absolutely terrible (coming from someone who likes most genres/ types of music), there were a lot of foreign people there (I know we are foreign in Greece) but - French, German and Russian and they were so, so, so unbelievably rude, pushing past us, ignoring us if we said 'good morning' and giving us bad looks- manners and a smile cost nothing, there were also lots of groups of noisy teenagers which disrupted our sleep for half the time we were there, playing loud music, laughing, screaming, talking generally loud and they were trying to be intimidating around the pool. I had an argument with one group of loud lads and the hotel did nothing about them apart from ask them to turn their music down once to which the boys replied 'no' and it was left as that. Got told off in the day in 'restaurant' for wearing a bikini top (I had my playsuit rolled down around my waist), when there was a guy about 2 metre away from us who had no t-shirt on and a large lady wearing a one piece swimsuit and he said nothing to them, when I challenged this he said they were eating in a different bit which made absolutely no sense. The room was okay but the furniture was dated and there were large chips missing out of our cupboards, the TV was from the 90s, the mirror in our bedroom was smeared, the bathroom and toilet smelt damp and musty all the time and I'm aware it may smell a bit as it was wet, but it smelt absolutely disgusting. The longer we were there also, the less and less the maids did for us and over the last few days they barely even made our bed and made up for this for putting one flower on the side. The maids even threw my pyjamas (which were folded neatly underneath the pillow) on the floor, or on our table on numerous occasions, which I was not impressed by. You're conned into having at least bed and breakfast here and the breakfast was absolutely FOUL!!! It was absolutely shocking considering this hotel is meant to be 4 star or something and you pay a lot to be here in the first place! We ate breakfast once and it almost came straight back up it was so revolting and there were cats casually just walking around purring and rubbing up against us whilst we were trying to eat.

The only redeeming features were the pool party on Thursday 25th July, the free air con, there were no children allowed, the gym was okay and the fact that our bed was absolutely huge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for your comment. We understand your disappointment with our product we provided to you and would like to thank you for your constructive feedback. We appreciate receiving feedbacks from our guests even if it is of a critical nature, as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs and continuously improve the luxury service we aim to provide.
We hope your next visit to Ayia Napa will be a good one.

Been to Napa Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!