As my first holiday on my own I wanted somewhere:
2. Centrally located, safe and within easy reach of restaurants
3. Good quality facilities
4. Great reputation
5. Good for adults (didn't want to go to a 'family' hotel, nor did I want to go to a 18-30 type of place either!)
6. And more importantly....Luxury!
At Napa Plaza I got all this AND MORE!! I actually went for 7 nights and loved it so much, I extended my stay to 11 night! What can I say, I just couldn't leave!
There was the fantastic range of bars and entertainment! 'Fabulous Thursdays' for a start, a signature evening held in hotel grounds/pool and the Pepper Bar, organised by the most amazing entertainment coordinator Demitri Voniates! It starts during the day, with a fantastic pool party for the residents of the hotel, slick DJ sounds and beautiful podium dancers, the whole afternoon was a fabulous experience. All followed by a fantastic evening in the Pepper Bar with brilliant music from the DJ yet again.
Moving in to the actual hotel, the room I was given on arrival was a free upgrade to a deluxe room, very nice of them! The room itself was gorgeous, clean and with a fantastic view of the swimming pool. I slept like a baby throughout the whole time I was there. It was so quiet and comfortable. My room was also immaculately cleaned on a daily basis.
I ate breakfast there every day. It ranged from fresh fruits, breads, cold meats, salad, cheeses, cereals, hot breakfast foods, yogurts (Greek of course!) and even champagne!
I dined at Plateia (the Mezze Restaurant) 3 times during my stay. I must say, in Cyprus, as a single person it's quite difficult to find anywhere that will do Mezze for 1 person! Mainly due to the fact you have so many course to try. At Plateia my prayers were answered! I got to try so many home cooked style, Cypriot dishes, I always left having eaten to the brim! Everything I had was delicious, but especially the moussaka :@) the portions are supposed to be small, as this is Mezze, however there were of ample size, 3 or four dishes and a salad are plenty of one person (if you are a big eater!!). Make sure you follow your meal with a nice Cypriot coffee too :) Oh and not forgetting the staff here at Plateia! The guys there gave a perfect service! I had 4 waiters serving my table at one point! They couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, a real pleasure to dine here.
I also had a few meals at both the Cafe and the yacht Bar - both we're fantastic and great value for money. The staff at both of these were also really lovely, always friendly and really helpful. In particular Xenis from the Yacht bar made the best cocktails! Whilst were on the subject of cocktails, Bambi the bar man from Pepper bar made fantastic cocktails too, I spent most evenings here and was always served within seconds and the cocktails were always delicious!
The ladies on reception were always smiling and wonderfully helpful. In fact, this was one of the things that made my holiday (along with the entertainment!) the quality of the service was so good, I was always made to feel like a valued guest, which meant a lot to me. They always went the extra mile.
I also visited their in-house Spa for a massage....TWICE!! Ruta, the massage therapist has MAGIC HANDS! I asked for a 'strong massage' I.e. something similar to a sports massage as such, to get rid of my knots. I have been suffering with shoulder and neck problems for some months due to pulling a muscle a few months ago.....well Ruta, picked this up immediately and got to the problem straight away, using all sorts of techniques. I could tell she was extremely experienced as I have had lots of different type of massage over the years and it was like she had combined so many types into one, tailored especially for me, I was in heaven and I left feeling as light as a feather, it was so good, I booked myself in for another the day before my return to the UK!
Not forgetting the location of this hotel, you'd never know it was here, tucked away within the hustle and bustle of Napa! It has the best pre-club bar in town too, definitely the place to have a few cocktails and a bit of a dance to get you in the mood.
The overall quality of this hotel is definitely the best you'll find in Ayia Napa. Reasonably priced, high standards, excellent choices of restaurants and bars and entertainment that'll leave you feeling like you want to do it all over again!! I can't wait to return, and am already looking at booking my next visit!
I arrived at Napa Plaza, feeling a bit nervous about being solo.... I left feeling like a new person! Words cannot describe how fantastic my time was at Napa Plaza, you will have to try it yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napa Plaza is a trendsetting integrated lifestyle holiday center designed to provide sensational experiential holidays. What distinguish us is the central prominent location and the “adult appealed” concept, underlined by a stylish, chic and unique, communicative, relaxed and enjoyable environment. The Napa Plaza gives a positive Lifestyle feeling in a relaxing casual atmosphere full of harmony, life's joy (joie de vivre), tolerance, generosity, mutual compassion and individuality. This Lifestyle community helps everyone to find his/her individual way for a sensational experiential stay. In addition to the prominent location, Napa Plaza is distinguished through architecture, cutting edge design and a vast choice of places and services creating a chic and unique character for comfort, service, activities and experiences of the top class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Napa Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Plaza Ayia
- Hotel Napa Plaza
- Napa Plaza Hotel Cyprus