“Even for a 3* hotel, it is ok, but could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Stamatia Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. Box 30069, Ayia Napa 5341, Cyprus   |
Ranked #30 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Paderborn
“Even for a 3* hotel, it is ok, but could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I chose this hotel looking at the pictures, but it is not as perfect as it looked like.
What is good: 1) the location is ok - but the hotel is not directly on the sea, you'd have to walt 2 minutes to get there, to Nissi Beach you walk 30 minutes; to the center of Ayia Napa appr. 3-4 minutes 2) food is quite good - for a 3* hotel is acceptable, I even liked it, but there were no fresh fruits with the exception of oranges 3) quiteness - only families should to stay there, plenty of people from Russia who behaved themselves very good however
What is negative: 1) the cleaning is terrible: our towels were only changed after three days even though we had left them on the floor - when we were back the towels were again haning as it they had been new - I found it terrible - never experienced it before 2) still the cleaning - one day the cleaning was not done at all - also terrible 3) again the cleaning - the maid came every time at 8.30 - 9.00, knocked on the door and came immediately in - I didn't even have a change to say something - once again a no go 4) fotos of the hotel - I didn't like that they made the fotos look as if the hotel is directly on the beach - it is not far away, but still I don't like such modified fotos 5) the state of the hotel: one day we had no light in the bath and I had to use my iPhone to clean the teeth; the remote control didn't have a battery; room lock didn't function well and I had to stay for a long time every time I wanted to open the door. Don't get me wrong I am not an arrogant petted person, I also saw worse hotels, but certain things were not acceptible for that price. Some 3* hotels are a class higher than this.

Room Tip: Rooms in the ground floor don't have the best view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

the hotel was perfect.....the only thing we didnt know was we had to pay 3 euros a night for the fridge.
the manager was very helpful and friendly, the food was excellent.
very close to the harbour, walking distance to the strip.
bus to nissi beach was 1 euro each way also 1 euro to the water world.
pool area was very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located - just only 150 meters or so from the beach, on a quiet street (no need to cross the road to go to the beach). The beach was excellent, with clean water and sand, however you have to pay for sunbeds and umbrellas.
You may choose meal during booking - from breakfast-only to all-inclusive option (we'd chose the latter). There was restaurant and the snack bar near the pool. All-inclusive service in restaurant offers wide variety of food and alcohol, however there almost were not any Cyprus national meals. Free alcohol in restaurant is limited to one glass, you can drink unlimited alcohol in bar, but be aware that only selected cocktails and spirits are free, and you have to first check the menu or consult barkeeper to learn which ones is free for you.
Every room has a balcony with table and chairs. Our room was average in size, however it contained almost everything we need. There were TV, central air conditioning, a hairdryer, a large wardrobe, two bedside tables, the table and a bureau. Unfortunately there was no additional electric outlets, so buy appropriate splitter from the nearest shop (or try to rent from the reception, if they have any). Also there were no batteries in TV remote control. Safe and fridge are not free - you have to pay for them several euros per day, and also leave a deposit.
The hotel has its own free parking, so you may rent a car, buggy or ATV (from reception or any rental office nearby) and leave it there.
The staff was friendly and glad to help if you have any question (notably Natasha from reception desk and Natasha from bar). It was a great holiday experience for us, we'd like to return again and would recommend the hotel for everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms have side sea view, and slightly differ in term of view, but you can hardly choose. Howev...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
n.ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Having been to Ayia Napa many many times I can honestly say this is the worst hotel me and my wife have ever stayed in.

The food is is worst i have ever seen in all my times going abroad.

As for the rooms the least said about them the better all I will say is the carpets where the dirtiest I have ever seen in the bedrooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband & I spent an all inclusive week at the Stamatia Hotel at the end of May for my husbands birthday and we couldn't have asked for better!
The rooms were clean and tidy, we had room service whenever we required, actually I think only 1 day went passed when they didn't come in and spruce things up for us and on the day of my husbands birthday they placed a complimentary bottle of wine and fruit basket in our room with a card (nice touch).
The staff were amazing, I have never been to a hotel with more accommodating and friendly staff, honestly they are what makes the hotel so great and are why my husband and I will be returning next year. They make visitors feel at ease which in turn helps create a great atmosphere.
When it came to meal times there was plenty of choice and food was of a good standard.
The location is fantastic, within walking distance to everything, We hired quods for a day and explored areas outside of Ayia Napa, great experiance!
All in all this is a great hotel and I would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

just returned from a week with my sister all inclusive, hotel very clean food very good, location excellent, and friendliness of all staff couldnt fault anything would recommend to anyone would certainly go there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Paphos, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went with friends at the end of October for 4 nights, we stay in Cyprus & like to get away for a few days. Hotel was well placed, staff friendly & areas clean, we were on B & B & there was enough choice for breakfast but as it was close to closing for the season some things were in short supply. Only have two little niggles-first I would try & get a bedroom away from the street as the main road is not far away & there was a Karaoke bar which stayed open till the early hours so didn't get a lot of sleep the first night-bought ear plugs & that helped after that, secondly-why don't all hotels have tea & coffee making facilities in the rooms, not a great expense to provide but most welcome when they are there. Saying that-we would use the hotel again as it was good value for us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com