“Decent hotel, decent price” 3 of 5 stars

You added Bella Napa Bay Hotel to your Saves list
Bella Napa Bay Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Kriou Nerou Str, Ayia Napa CY5341, Cyprus   |
Ranked #59 of 105 Hotels in Ayia Napa
“Decent hotel, decent price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived at the hotel at the beginning of the party season, so it was pretty quiet. The staff were friendly and night time security were very alert. The room was clean and had the basic necessities included. The breakfast was better than expected. If I stay at this hotel again I will book a suite with a jacuzzi.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have only good things to say about this hotel- although I will portray a truthful assessment of my experience. I spent 7 nights there beginning 18th April. My board basis was all inclusive,

The thing that stood out most for me was the warm, friendly and helpful service from all areas of the hotel. My reception on arrival was lovely and things were explained clearly to me. On my second day, the wonderful lady who checked me in even phoned the restaurant to ask them not to clear away food as I arrived late for lunch. This reflected the level of kindness shown by all the staff that I encountered. (Thank you lovely lady)

The bar staff were extremely affable and efficient and the restaurant staff were equally lovely and attentive. Even the cleaners greeted me each day with a hearty 'good morning'. So, the staff - BRILLIANT!

The room itself was a good size and had a balcony and a good bathroom equipped with bath/ shower, towels, hand wash and shampoo. I had requested a sea view and got one. If I were to make one suggestion to the hotel, it would be to update their soft furnishings to make the rooms look 'richer'. More contemporary curtains and bed linen would immediately enhance the aesthetic in the rooms and, I believe, would make the hotel a more attractive proposition- both in promotional photos and for prospective return visitors. That's not to say that the soft furnishings aren't adequate- they are; I just felt they could be more modern, in line with the lovely reception and bar area.

WiFi access (in the room) was available at a cost of 20 Euros for the week or 5 Euros for 24 hours. Connection and reception in the room was quick and excellent. WiFi in the lobby was free and I never had any problems getting connected.

The restaurant, like the rooms, is designed more for practicality than appearance. Again, it's completely fit for purpose but a little dated- especially (again) when compared to the bar and reception area.

Food- this was completely acceptable and I did eat quite a lot so it feels a little unkind to say that if you are a true 'foodie' then this is probably not the place for you. Choice is adequate but not extensive but you will not be 'blown away' by it. Like I said, it feels a little unkind to make this sound even remotely like a criticism because I ate heartily for a week. It's just that I do know people who are really discerning about their food and they definitely wouldn't have rated it highly- if this is you then I think you will be quite critical. If this isn't you, then you'll be fine. I'm somewhere in the middle and I weighed more on my return than I did before I arrived so it can't have been too bad :-)

The pool and the surrounding gardens are lovely. The pool is set among decking and is really well presented- again adding a feeling of ' Doctor Jeckyll and Mister Hyde schizophrenia' to the design of the hotel. It has a bar which was mainly closed when I passed it each day (I spent all my days on the nearby beach) but I did go off season and I did notice it was open some of the time- I'm sure it will be open more regularly in high season.

The beach is a short walk away, across a relatively well used road. Shops, bars and restaurants are about 5-10 minutes away (downhill and depending on your gait) and extend for about 2 kilometers. If you are going to eat out don't forget to give the whole stretch a shot because there are loads more restaurants further down.

The nearby beach was quiet and also had a bar. Sunbeds can be hired for 2.5 Euros each and a parasol will set you back another 2.5 Euros at the beach.

Overall then, I had a lovely stay. I thought the staff were excellent and very attentive. The food was acceptable but not special and the amenities (room and bar) were good in a practical sense. I think I got very good value for money.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Firstly, I would like to apologize that this review has taken me a while to write (I stayed at Bella Napa in July 2014).

My boyfriend and I came to this hotel as the location was perfect for us, but we were a little concerned after reading the reviews.

On our first night we were shown to our room immediately, once settled we realized the Air Conditioning wasn't working. I called the reception and the reception manager came up almost straight away. He told me that the engineer was off duty (as we arrived very late at night) but would be back in the morning. This was honoured as the next day after we came back from a day at the beach, the room was COLD!

The food - we were all inclusive. The food was varied and very tasty. Everyday was different. The outside terrace where you could eat was beautiful during the time of year I visited.

The room - We had an AMAZING sea view from our room on the second floor. Room was basic. Very clean and comfortable. No issues here.

The service - the staff were lovely. I would especially like to thank the barman Mr Andreas. His service was impeccable. Always welcomed us whenever he saw us. He even recommended a lovely restaurant where we could have a proper cypriot mezze.

Location - The location is good. We were right on the end of Aiya Napa. 2 minutes to the beautiful sandy beach. About a 10min walk to get to town - we rented a beach buggy which I would recommend. It allowed us to go around without having to book any excursions. I will mention that the hotel is situated on a bit of a steep hill, so this may be difficult for some who have mobility issues, unless you get around by car.

Thank you for a lovely holiday, and I hope to return soon.

Regards,

Nadia and Danny

Room Tip: Sea view room was lovely. We stayed on the 2nd floor - great view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

Food was lovley different choices each day... room was really nice with plasma tv and excellent sea view.. pool area very relaxing and nice to spend your afternoons listening to music.. all staff really nice... apart from 1 who didnt like you having too many drinks and was very rude and impatient half of the the time and may i add tried to give his telephone number out and get us all to go to his friends house, once we declined this is when he became rude. Goes by the name andreas.Apart from that awkwardness really enjoyed our holiday :-)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

The hotel is old and really need a renovation.
The rooms are small and old and should need renovation. The TV is small and thick with only four channels.
There is no minibar or safe box in the room.
The hotel have very low security. They still use old regular key that you leave in the reception when leaving the hotel in the morning. The hotel give then out the keys without any checking that they give the key to the right guest.
The breakfast is okay and the pool area is big with both children and deep pools.
The hotel has some distance to the city (around 2 to 3 km). But it is close to the beach.
The Internet connection is very very slow. When the internet connection is working it is just 56.6 kb speed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Birkirkara, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Truly loved this hotel, just got back and cant find fault with anything!!! The breakfast was very varied and fresh, the rooms were spacious and so clean and very cosy. Loved the 42 inch tv!!! What I expect from a hotel is a clean bathroom and a lovely bed!! Bed was firm and comfortable, sheets pristine white, Yes the towels are changed every three days but I have been abroad elsewhere and a 4* star hotel in Malta I go to regularly has the same policy! so it didn't really affect us. The staff at the hotel were truly awesome, VASO the receptionist and Andreas the barman were very friendly. All in all, the staff were all friendly, the waitresses serving breakfast, the male receptionist this morning opened the breakfast room early for us this morning without hesitation as we had an early flight. The chambermaids did a lovely job with our room. A nice surprise for my partner Richard was to find a birthday card from the staff and a voucher for a complimentary drink. he pool and indoor pool were nice, we particularly loved the outdoor pool and the gardens. I booked into a 3*star hotel, so we weren't expecting 5*star, but to us it seemed like heaven. Loved everything about this hotel and will definitely go back so hopefully will all see you soon

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool over a spectacular sea view
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Bellanapa, General Manager at Bella Napa Bay Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Dear Valued Client

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with TripAdvisor.

We appreciate very much your elaboration of your enjoyable stay at our hotel and your wonderful comments about our services and staff.

We are always keen in welcoming such positive clients back to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Kind regards

Charalambos Paytis
Paphos, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

The deal we got for this hotel for 2 nights with late rooms.com was better than the hotel could offer us direct, and at €62 per night seemed good value.
The hotel was well presented, very efficient staff, clean and well maintained, It was in a very good position near a nice beach, and a nice pool area.
Only 2 things let it down for us, and that was no tea and coffee facilities in the room, not even as a paid for option, and you have to pay a €2.00 per night charge to use the fridge.
The other gripe was the poor quality breakfast buffet, lots of choice but not at all appetising, and in this day and age to provide only full fat milk with your cereal or drinks is I think unacceptable, as many people cannot tolerate this for dietary and health reasons, we did not have the breakfast on the 2nd day, and went to a local bar instead, it really was not good.
If these issues could be sorted out I would stay there again happily.

Room Tip: Pool or Sea view rooms are the nicest.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bellanapa, General Manager at Bella Napa Bay Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Dear Valued Client

Thank you for taking the time to leave your reviews with TripAdvisor and we thank you also for your very kind comments about the hotel in general, our services and staff.

We have also noted your recommendations for improvement and we shall certainly take all into consideration, particularly your comments with regards to the breakfast and the variety of milk.

We hope that we shall have the opportunity in welcoming you back to our hotel again in the very near future.

Kind regards

Charalambos Paytis

Been to Bella Napa Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!