“Extremely welcoming staff, gorgeous good ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 156 Restaurants in Ayia Napa
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Extremely welcoming staff, gorgeous good ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

During my stay in ayia napa I visited many restaurants. They were all good, but Raphaels restaurant takes it to another level. The portions are large, delicious and have a good price. Looking at the waiters, you can really see that they love their job. Dining at Raphaels is a real experience that shouldn't be left out on a trip to napa. For me it's the best restaurant in town.

• Greek first
Poole, United Kingdom
“Truly welcoming, truly great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough if you are looking for good quality home made food.
From the moment we stepped inside we were made to feel welcome, I felt as though I would be looked after and well fed and certainly wasn't disappointed.
With so much to choose from we ordered three appetisers between two of us. The creamy mushroom starter was impressive, served with rice it was similar to a mushroom curry and certainly packed a subtle kick of spice. The Cyprus dips and pitta bread were also good and the side of was huge, if not a little dry.

Our main courses were both pasta dishes, both of which were plentiful, well seasoned and tasted home made and freshly prepared. I confess we also ordered a side of hand cut chips and curry sauce. (a little indulgence for the Brit in me!) The sauce was really tasty and could rival any chip shop back in good old blighty.

We were simply too full to try any deserts, but the wine made up for this, a common offering by KEO called Thisby, it's a great tasting fruity wine available in many restaurants locally, but certainly well priced in Raphaels.

Our second visit here was even better than the first, I ordered the Lamb Shank Kolokasi, a traditional Cypriot dish, in short it was amazing, the shank had been slow cooked and literally fell apart in the mouth. I'm used to Lamb being served with all things mint, but the Kolokasi sauce was tomato, onion and herb based, and served with fantastic potatoes.

Also worth trying are the Dolmades. Minced meat with herbs and onion wrapped in vine leaves, similar to the filling found in traditional Cypriot Koupes, these were a really tasty treat.

I have to credit Stef the blonde waitress and her husband Nikolas who helped us choose our meals, they were extremely welcoming and really made our evenings. Certainly worthy of ringing the bell on the way out. (To signify a good evening)

I wouldn't hesitate to return next time we're in Ayia Napa

The kitchen closes at 11pm (certainly in June anyway) so don't leave it too late to arrive.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, United Kingdom
“great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

visited raphaels several times during our trip, very good menu choice and great value.. very tasty food, excellent service,, staff very friendly and efficient... remember to ring that bell at the end of the meal ....

Visited June 2014
“Exciting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I actually have no word to describe how wonderful of an experience it was. The food was quite ordinary and simple, but it was one of the tastiest meals I had eaten in a while. The restaurant itself doesn't look like much, but the atmosphere was incredible, and the service, oh the service, was absolutely supreme. The prices are reasonable and the view of the street is quite good, I really enjoyed being able to watch all the crazy vehicle passing by. I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to have a nice chat and a lot of fun during his/her meal.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Staff want to make you happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Popped along on our last evening as we fancied steak.
Went on trip advisor advice.
Staff are so bubbly and friendly.
Food came at just the right intervals, and it was pretty tasty.
Get to ring the bell at the end, lol!!!!

Visited June 2014