“An underrated hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Herzlia, Israel
“An underrated hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Very clean, very good service, quality food (different supper every day), many facilities in the hotel, including excellent pool, great beach 5 minutes of walk away, town center and an amazing water park half-hour of walk away. Overall a great place for families with kids to stay, far better than you'd expect of a 3-star hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sevenoaks, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

We stayed here for a few days to attend a family wedding in the 5 star hotel next door. In my opinion, the Nissiana is almost as good.

Our well-appointed room was on the 3rd floor with wide-ranging views out to sea. The aircon worked faultlessly, which is a must-have in such a warm location. Sheets and Towels were changed regularly and the floor was washed each day.

We stayed half-board and enjoyed the food. Breakfast was always well presented with plenty of food available. The evening meals were varied and enjoyable.

The pool area is well designed and was kept clean and tidy. There is free WiFi in the lounge area, although my experience was that the signal was not particularly strong. I only discovered the gymnasiums on our last day - but I was very impressed. There are two separate rooms with more machines than I have ever seen before in an hotel.

The only negative aspect to this hotel is that it is located on Nissi Avenue and there is the constant noisy and smelly presence of coaches, diesel taxis, quad bikes/scooters and cars passing scant yards from the pool/bar/exterior eating area. If the wind is on-shore, it is impossible to really relax whilst sunbathing by the pool due to these factors. If it were not for this, I would have rated the location as "excellent".

There was entertainment upon several evenings. We particularly enjoyed the magic act, although I wondered if the magician was going to drop his assistant every time he picked her up!!!

Hotel staff were helpful, and in the main, very friendly. I was particularly impressed with Christiana who answered some questions I asked on-line, promptly, before I booked our stay.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a sea view. This will overlook the pool complex as well.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014 via mobile

I'm really impressed everything about this hotel.
First, the location is great. Just cross the road, you'll find the beach. The room I stayed was in the pool side. So, It's perfect because you can see the beach as well from your room.
Another thing I like is their services. Front desk staffs are so great. They all keep greeting me every time I enter to the hotel. Especially the front desk manager, she's so friendly and helpful. So bad I forgot to give her compliment last time thereTT
Housekeepers are so lovely. My room was neat and clean everyday. Its not only the overall cleanliness, some little small thing is neat too.
Their food is good and various with the warm welcome staffs.
They also have gym indoor and outdoor. I can say they have everything, could be more than a 3-star hotel.
To conclude, If I go to Cyprus again, of course I will go back to this hotel. It's worth ;)

• Stayed August 2014
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

The hotel was good and clean with good facilities like gym and tennis table, the room was clean, and the pool size is quite good, and special thanks for Christiana Zamba - the front desk manager, we contacted her by email and ask about some issues about the visa and also we have requested her to arrange the transfer for us from the airport to the hotel, she is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is 3 minutes walking to Nissi beach, the restaurant was okay, we only had breakfast there so can't say much about it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

My family and I stayed in the hotel part of the Nissiana Hotel & Bungalows. The facilities and local Cypriot staff far exceeded our expectations. This is a family-friendly resort with a playground and a few arcade games on site. The arcade games are a bit old, but the kids (aged 1 to 5) still loved them. The pool is quite large and really nicely laid out. There is also a kid's pool, which was extremely helpful in keeping the small children happy! There was also a life guard at the pool all day.

I live in Florida and I am no stranger to nice beaches, however, this was the most amazing beach I've seen in my life. When I look at the pictures now, the beach and the water look fake :) The water is extremely blue and clear, you can see every little shell on the sea bottom, regardless of how deep it was. I went on several morning runs along the beach line, this was the best beach in the 6-7 mile (10-11km) radius.

We had breakfast and dinner included in our package and were extremely satisfied with variety and freshness of the food. There was less variety at breakfast, but it was still very delicious, satisfying, and fresh. Dinner always included a soup, a large choice of salads, several meats (lamb, chicken, beef, fish, prepared in a variety of delicious ways), potatoes, pasta, bread, vegetables, some fruit, and deserts. We ate plenty :)

Ms. Christiana Zamba, the front office manager in the hotel, was extremely nice to accommodate all of our requests and even put a nice platter of fruits and wine in my mom's room for her birthday. Ms. Zamba was extremely helpful and responsive even before we arrived, giving me more comfort (my son and I were flying all the way from the US).

I would recommend this hotel, it's the best 3-star hotel I've been to.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

The room was clean and spacious, it had air conditioning and a balcony with a partial view of the pool.
We only had breakfast, but it was quite nice - everything was fresh and we could eat outside.

The staff at the reception was helpful, they even booked the taxi for our trip back to the airport.

The pool is clean and it's big enough to swim in. Nissiana is 5 minutes away from Nissi beach, which has absolutely gorgeous blue water.

However, more than half of the hotel's occupants are families with small children. This means that it can be noisy at times, especially if your room faces the pool. We could hear the music from the hotel's bar almost every evening, but most of the time it was at a bearable volume.

As most of the facilities in Ayia Napa do, the hotel has a lot of Russian guests - which means you will be greeted in Russian a lot :). On the plus side, you'll have the chance to learn a word or two in a foreign language.

And a tip for getting there: if you arrive during the day, use the public buses to get to Ayia Napa. It's only 1.5 euro per bus, you will have to change once in Larnaca, but it's really easy to get there and a lot cheaper than a taxi.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room that isn't very close to the hotel bar or directly facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Probably the main value of the hotel is its location near the one of the blue-flagged beaches of Cyprus. Even leaving in bungalows which are on a third line it took us no more than 5 mins of a lazy walk to get to the beach.
The hotel itself was quite clean, the rooms spacious. Bungalows had a small kitchenette with everything you need to cook and have a meal. Breakfast and Dinner at the hotel were very good and tasty with a variety of meat, fish and vegetables.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Nissiana Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!