“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nestor Hotel

You added Nestor Hotel to your Saves list
Nestor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8, 1st October Street | PO Box 30265, Ayia Napa 5342, Cyprus   |
Ranked #18 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my mom was
Staying in the hotel and absolutely adored our stay everything was in a very close distance hotel itself was was very up to standards we only
Booked bnb and paid 1000e I found it quit dear :) every trip that we took was well worth to go views r amazing :) and yes aya napa is a new Ibiza night life is longer than 10 hours its amazing its a must for young people great
Experience

• Stayed September 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

this hotel more than worth the price paid to me the staff could not do enough to help ,the bar staff
worked long hours to serve you drinks & snacks , with a big shout out to George &SUPER MARIO the waiter . the only fault was that the day time activetys advertised on the notice board
were not there just may be half an hour tennis at the most ,the rooms were cleaned daily &towels changed daily by the hard pressed maids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

When we booked online the rooms looked really nice all newly refurbished! When we arrived our hotel room was not what we seen on the website it was dull and old fashioned and hadnt been cleaned from the last people who stayed ther the beds wernt made and all dirty towels in the bath. So then we was given another room which was the same not worth the price we paid as a couple I expectd a double bed but they where 2 single beds an the fridge was £36 to use even though we were all inclusive.
but the other side of the corridor had been refurbished an the rooms looked lovely but the people who was in them were all self catering and all foreigners I thought it was a disgrace! The aircon isnt good either we had to go and buy a fan to keep cool. When we checked out to go home our flight wasnt till night time but they cut our all inclusive bands off and we had to pay for everything then which wasnt very cheap. I expected alot better if you was all inclusive!! the money we spent in ther alone we should of just gone selfcatering which would of cost us alot cheaper to book..

• Stayed August 2013
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Having just returned from two weeks at the Nestor I have to be honest and say I don’t know how to rate this hotel. There are some very good points about it and some bad points also, so I will tell you about my holiday and leave it up to you whether you think it is for you or not.

We arrived at the Nestor and walked into the newly refurbished ground floor and were very impressed. After being checked in swiftly we went to our room. We were not impressed when we walked in as it did not look like a standard room seen on Thomson’s website. We stuck to the filthy carpet as we walked in and the curtains were hanging off the wall. We also had three single beds in our room even though it was just my Husband and I which made the room small. We went out ,had something to eat and returned to our room about midnight to get some sleep. Sleep we didn’t get. There was a mass of Swiss lads on our floor which kept going from room to room all night, knocking on each other’s doors and messing around on the corridor. We complained to Reception the next morning and the Manager on duty told us we could be move rooms this once but he wasn’t moving us again and that he did not know what the guests were like in every room. I would say that couples who are Mr and Mrs are less likely to be up all night partying compared to three Mr’s checked in one room? Just makes sense to me. So we moved to our assigned quiet room and looked forward to sleep. Wrong again. This time we had people playing knock a door run all night and balcony hopping and another group of lads in the room next to us. We never complained to Reception again after the attitude we got after complaining the first time. We also had prank phone calls to our room one night where we ended up unplugging the phone. In the 14 nights at the hotel there was not one night when we had a full good night’s sleep.

The room we had was not the cleanest and the bedding had stains on it each time it was changed. I personally would not have put it on the bed. For a while we were left two single sheets folded on top of the bed for us to make the beds ourselves, even though we had a king-size bed. We couldn’t get them to fit properly and asked Reception if we could have one sheet big enough to fit our bed. We spoke to Tatiana on this occasion and after we had explained our problem she was really rude and said, “What exactly is your problem?” My problem is that I’ve paid over £2000 for this holiday and I am being expected to make my own bed in a 3 star hotel with two single sheets for a king-size bed. I am far from lazy but I go on holiday for a rest from all the things I do day in and day out, like making our bed, cooking and cleaning. The carpets in the two rooms we saw were filthy stained and thread bare. The bathroom wasn’t much better. The bath still had hairs in from the previous guests, the grout was a grey/brown colour rather than white and the soap holder in the bath was turning a nice shade of yellow from dirty water that had been sat there for I don’t know how long. The tiles were cracked and also the toilet bowl. On the positive side the towels were changed daily.

We paid extra for a sea view room but being on a low floor you can hardly see anything. When we were sat waiting for the coach for our departure home a new family arrived and were checked into our old room and we heard the Manager telling the couple that because they were returning guests he had upgraded them from a mountain view to a sea view room (our old room). After five minutes the man returned the Reception desk and complained that it was an awful sea view room, you could hardly see the sea and that you had the restaurant canopy directly in front of you. He had been upgraded for free and complained and we had paid extra for this room.

This could be a really nice hotel, as I have mentioned previously the refurbishment on the ground floor is stunning and the pool is one of the best pool areas I have seen. The refurbished rooms and suites which are shown on the TV in the hotel also look amazing. The downstairs of the hotel could easily be mistaken for a four star hotel but the rooms and 18-30 clientele let the hotel down in my opinion. It is marketed as a family friendly hotel but I am not sure if other countries are selling this hotel as an 18-30 hotel.

The food in the restaurant is good quality and there is also a good variety to choose from. The staff are really pleasant in the restaurant and George deserves a special mention for being a fabulous waiter. The hotel states that long trousers should be worn for your evening meal but you had people coming down to the restaurant in shorts, vests, baseball hats and bikinis even though when you check in you are given a list of rules to abide by. This is the first time I have checked into a hotel and been given rules. Maybe this is down to the guests in the hotel. There is a vast variety for Breakfast and everyone should be able to find something they like to eat. Again choice of clothing for breakfast was not we are used to seeing , in the hotels we normally go in the guests normally wear their clothes and not pyjamas and bare feet. We also got charged twice for our drinks that we had with our evening meal. We paid every night on our way out but one night when we went to collect our key from Reception we were told we needed to pay for our drinks. You are not given a receipt when you pay so we had no proof. Luckily George the waiter and Christina who you pay knew we had paid and sorted this out for us otherwise we would have had the pay again.

Whilst on holiday we celebrated our wedding anniversary. My Husband went to Reception to ask to pay for fruit and flowers to be delivered to our room on our anniversary; he was told that they would do it with compliments of the hotel. He checked again prior to our anniversary that it was still ok and was shown that yes it was and it was written in the hotels diary. Our anniversary arrived and by the end of the evening no flowers or fruit had arrived. My husband was seriously annoyed that he was let down by the hotel.

If you want a nice quiet holiday then I wouldn’t stay in this hotel. We go on holiday for a rest. We have two weeks off work and want some rest and relaxation. This is not a hotel that provides that. I am lucky that I work in a school and get six weeks off, I’ll be able to catch up on sleep, my husband who has booked two weeks off work is going back to work absolutely shattered after two weeks of sleepless nights. It is let down by rude members of staff, cleanliness and ignorant guests who have no respect for other guests. I feel bad for naming and shaming staff and I have never done this before but I just cannot believe how we were spoken to. We have previously stayed at the Napa Mermaid, Bella Napa and Grecian Sands hotel and would recommend any of these over the Nestor, they are not as close the centre as the Nestor but they are much better hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Harlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Booked last minute great choice 10 minutes to night life centre 6 minutes to the harbour. Only down side no free wifi at all in the hotel, so we had to go to local bars and restaurants as all have free wifi. The staff in the hotel are very attentive nothing a problem whatever the time. Pool to die for. I would recommend this hotel to all ages close enough to the centre if you want it to be lively but far enough away for a quiet time. Brilliant all round holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Me and 6 friends have just returned from 1 week at this hotel. The hotel has just been refurbished and the lobby, restaurant, bar and pool area are all modern and look fantastic! We stayed on a half board basis and the food was great. Lots of choice and the option to change lunch and dinner. The pool area is very clean with lots of sunbeds. You can pay €4.50 for the luxurious loungers which are worth it with free towel and fruit throughout the day. The rooms are dated but wasn't a problem as they were clean and comfy. This hotel is in a great location for harbour, beach, restaurants and the night life. You are far enough away to enjoy quiet nights sleep but near enough to walk for a night of bars and clubs. I would recommend this hotel to all; families, couples and groups of girls and boys. Overall a great hotel which was value for money!

• Stayed August 2013
Larnaka City, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

i have spend last night in Ayia Napa and Nesto Hotel is the one for a deluxe stay. even though i only booked it last minute , fortunately they had availability. the hotel is very close to the center of ayia napa and there is a vast choice of good restaurants to choose from. ayia napa though is really realy loud - not my thing. excellent service from the front desk staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo