My husband and I have stayed in Aphelandra Hotel Apartments from the 23rd until the 30th of July.
Our overall experience was really good. We stayed in room number 403 and our friend in 202.
Here are all the pros and cons (in my opinion of course):
+ Really close to where all the nightlife is (less than 5 min walking)
+ Close to restaurants and other amenities
+ Spacious apartment
+ Friendly staff
+ Our room had a really great view
+ Many parking spots
+ Value for money
+ Nice food at the pool bar
+ free wi-fi (although not a very wide signal range)
- noisy (but what do you expect, when most of the people pre-party in their room and get back drunk from the clubs to the hotel at 5-6 am. :) )
- poor cleaning (we stayed for a week and they might have cleaned 3-4 times, this may be because generally we were cleaning by ourselves and the cleaning ladies were busy cleaning the really dirty apartments)
- extra payment for air conditioning (which by the way was not working properly and kept "spitting" oil on my husband)
- pool not very clean (as most pools in hotel apartments)
- The layout of the hotel is a bit confusing, although the passages are really beautiful (built with rocks and have trees all around). So beware! You may easily get lost at night if there's a lot of alcohol in your system.
And here's a funny story about my friend's room (the 202):
We were coming back from lunch and decided to stop by her room and discuss about what we were going to do later on. When we came into the room and put the key into the hole which turns the power on, surprisingly, the power did not go on. We called the receptionist and she called the technician, who was there in approximately an hour and seemed to be drunk. He was struggling with the key thingy for about half an hour and then voila! The power was fixed!!! Interestingly, some guys from the next room came and said that now THEY had a problem with power so he went to their apartment to fix their problem. In about ten minutes... *CLICK* The power on the whole floor went out. The technician managed to bring it back on and called another technician (a more sober one). By that time, my husband, my friend and I were rolling on the floor laughing. My husband decided that he wanted to go to our room since it was July and it was really hot and apparently we stayed without air-conditioning for a while. He closed the door behind him and immediately knocked. We opened and what do you know! He was holding the doorknob! We laughed for a week after that incident.
So to sum up, we had a great holiday staying in Aphelandra Hotel Apartments. If you are a young couple or a group of friends or just people who like partying and don't mind noise (otherwise you should go to Protaras village, where it is more quiet) I recommend you choose this hotel!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Aphelandra Hotel Apts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.