“Wonderful week!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 104 hotels in Ayia Napa
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Wonderful week!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed here for a week in the summer on a girls holiday. Had a fantastic week, never a dull moment!! The apartments are basic but very clean and cleaned regularly, kitchenette had everything you needed, there was always hot water and the balcony was great. Perfect for a holiday involving lots of fun and drink, i would not recommend it to families or couples looking for a quiet relaxing time, its not for the faint hearted. Francis and his wife were wonderful, i dont think that man sleeps, he seemed to be always there! The pool bar was open 24 hours which means it can stay noisy very late into the night. Very close to the square and just a short stroll to all the nightlife. We took a bus to nissi beach most days which i would highly recommend. We went at the height of the summer and came purely to party and i would estimate 80% of those staying were there for the same reason, aphelandra are the perfect apartments to come to if you are coming for this type of holiday and if you are coming here for relaxation and a quiet time, i would recommend do not stay here until the end of the summer or off season.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies facing the pool and bar area are quite noisy at night
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Myself & my partner are just back from a weeks holiday in Ayia Napa where we stayed in the Aphelandra - we had a great week, the apartments are basic but clean - the cleaners come in every second day but if you wish to have your towels changed everyday there is an extra charge of €8.00.

Our apartment consisted of 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, bathroom with shower & bath, living area with two chairs, sofa, fridge, a little microwave cooker & balcony which opened out from the bedroom & the living room it was a grand size - we had everything we needed as we didnt come away to sit in our apartment.

The food & drink in the aphelandra is one of the cheapest in ayia napa especially the breakfast, we ate there every morning we had dinner there twice & it was very good, no complaints whatsoever.

The pool area is very nice, not the largest I have ever seen but as it was on the small size we got chatting to everyone else who stayed there & we made lots of friends, everyone we encountered were so friendly & they are all talking about heading back over the same time next year, we had lots of fun.

Bar area has game machines, internet, free wii fi, playstation & a pool table.

Now to the staff - firstly i would just like to say that Francis wife is fantastic, so friendly & cheerful every single day & couldnt do enough not just for us but for every single guest who was staying there. Didnt have much interaction with the receptionist but she seemed very friendly. Francis, what can I say about Francis........... well he did come across as a bit standoffish & not friendly but I had read the reviews before I came over so maybe it was my fault because Francis was friendly with us, he gave us a free shot on more than one occasion, he did however mention to my partner one night that we hadnt ate that night but it was all then laughed off, he dosent have the greatest customer service i have ever seen but himself & his wife were there to say goodbye hugging & kissing everyone as they left.

We went from the 25th sept for 7 nights so it was coming to the end of the season over there, i have been to ayia napa many, many times & always prefer it in September you still get the very hot weather way over the 30's but its just not as mental as June/July/August - there was music around the pool area but id say during peak season it is much louder & as i said about the pool area being on the small size id say it would be difficult enought to find a sunbed.

Ayia napa is very expensive especially since they changed over to the Euro so dont expect a cheap holiday be careful when you walk down the square all you get are PR's trying to get you into there bar/club - free drink when you buy one sounds good, eh not when the one drink you buy costs you €9.00 & then you get a watered down cocktail - we spent our time in Luke Kelly's, drink was cheap music was great then onto either carwash niteclub, starskys or the castle.

The aphelandra is very close to the square its only a walk away, you could also walk to Nissi Ave (where you will find lovely restaurants & more bars) or to the beach but might take you about 15-20mins, we hired out a quad for four days & it was fantastic we could go anywhere from the ghost town of Famagusta, to waterworld to paralimini - our favourite beach was Golden Sands but Nissi Beach came a close second you have to pay for your sunbed & umberella which is about €7.50 in most beaches.

On our last day our Flight was delayed & we were allowed stay in our apartment until we got collected at 4.00pm, this is very rare as most apartments expect you out at 12.00pm or else pay extra - Overall from the previous reviews it was a very pleasent surprise, when we come back to ayia napa we will be staying in the Aphelandra- Thank you for making our stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the pool are quieter plus you get the sun on you balcony all day
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Went over with 3 lads there for a weeks hols in Sept. No complaints at all.Great cheap food and drink. Nice pool & sunbeds. Basic apartment but clean and practical. Fridge, sink cooker and utensils. Constant hot water. Nice staff. Free WI Fi internet computers pool table, playstation, Close to center very quiet at night. 2 min walk to supermarket/ off license. Would like to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hull, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

well have just got home from my two week holiday to the aphelandra hotel in napa.It is my second time there and it wont be my last.It was two fantastic weeks in one of the friendliest hotels I have ever stayed in.From arriving to leaving I was treat fantastically.As I was on my own I was wary but didnt spend hardly anytime on my own cos the staff and people at the hotel where always there to talk to.Francis and Katerina who run the bar are two of the nicest people I have ever met.And there is a receptionist called Yodda who is the double of amy winehouse who always sorted out any probs with my room.The food is great and I ate there most days.Very cheap as is the beer at the hotel.Rooms clean and adequate for my stay.Met so many lovely people that we have made a pact to come back next sept for two weeks as we all love the place.So roll on 2012 when the aphelandra massive will be back!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms at front of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Stevenage, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

When I arrived I was a little disappointed, the hotel looked nice but I was expecting a separate bedroom to the front room as wen I booked it was for an apartment. It was more like a studio flat with the bedroom and front room and kitchen all in one room, the bathroom was separate. The kitchen was very small but clean and had all most all of the facilities you would use to cook. I could of done with clean towels everyday but the I suppose you pay for what you get, you could rent a towle for 8 euros (if you are going to do this DON'T as you can buy them for 5 euros down the shop or beech) Aircon did not work all week, we only got 20 euros of our money back and I think we paid around 60 euros for it. We stayed for 7 days. The staff were ok, the bar staff liked us when we was spending money on drinks or food. The food was nice, but I'll eat anything. Cocktail were a result only 2.50 euros each but in a very small plastic cup. The variety was good, but the cups could of be 3x the size. We was right near the strip only 5 minutes to the main clubs and stuff like that. Suppose all you need if your looking to party for a week. The pool nice but I preferred to spend my time down the beach. Nissi beach is sooooo nice, make sure you go. Water park was also great fun and has a racing track next to it. I did'nt go to it but it looked likes loads of fun. I would stay at this hotel again even thought the aircon did not work. But I do like to try new things so would only stay if all my mates wanted to or the people I was going with wanted to stay there. Not because it was rubbish but simply because I like to try out other places. I went in August and it was sooooo hot I got really tanned : ) I Would advise going around that time of year.

Room Tip: ask for a seperate bedroom to front room, if you what it seperate that it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

the pool bar was great loud music playing all day, good pool cheap drinks & food at the bar and it was nice! the rooms were very clean and kept that way every/ other day, good kitchen facilities but you wont need them as its cheaper but still expensive to eat out! ayia napa is very expensive in every way! nothing is cheap, even air conditioning for the week is 70 euro and safe 15 euro for the week and its a minimum of a week to hire so you are stuffed if you are only there for the weekend, i would not advise for children as this place is definatly for the 18-30 there is a club very close which is out doors that is open untill sunrise so its not a quiet, also there is a lot of quad noise going past all the time, it takes a maximun of 10 minuits to walk to the main square, dont get taxis as it will cost 10 euro to get to the bars and takes 2 mins biggest rip off ever!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

we stayed here between the 17th and 24th july . was the first time we had been away there were 6 of us 3 in each room. The rooms were cleaned every few days given fresh towells the only annoying thing was the maids coming in early and shouting HELLOOOO !!!! The Airconditioning in our room was 60 euro for the week but wasnt very good at keeping the room cool ! the drinks at the bar were very cheap so we would always have a few drinks there before we hit the strip . the strip is only a 5 minute walk along with the shops and resteraunts . Many people who have keft reviews said that frankie was a bit off a bully and he was always grumpy and argumentitive . we though he was a LEGEND ! a genuinelly nice guy . there were alot of people from isreal and egypt in the hotel aswell , they seemed friendly enough though . We enjoyed our stay at the appartments and would reccomend it to anybody going to ayia napa .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Aphelandra Hotel Apts? Share your experiences!