“Fabulous Hotel with amazing views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grecian Sands Hotel

Save Saved
You added Grecian Sands Hotel to your Saves list
Grecian Sands Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44 Kryo Nero Ave | P.O Box 30216, Ayia Napa 5341, Cyprus   |
Ranked #12 of 104 hotels in Ayia Napa
Aberdeen
“Fabulous Hotel with amazing views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Grecian Sands on 22nd August for 2 weeks. Well what can I say. Wow. We booked a standard room but was put in an amazing room with a sea view. This hotel is right on the beach and I cant say I found anything bad about it. We stayed B & B and there was plenty of choice each morning. We sometimes ate lunch at the hotel as well and the food was lovely. I have to say though drinks are rather expensive compared to other places I have stayed in. 7.90 euros for a cocktail and right in the centre of Ayia Napa you can get them in some places for 2 or 3.5 euros. There is a supermarket at the top of the hill which is about 3 min walk and you can bring stuff in. There is signs up saying no food or drink which isnt bought in the hotel but they are quite flexible as long as you tidy up your stuff. A lot of people got up very early to put towels down or even at night which was rather annoying but I find that is standard practice in hotels abroad. They supply free towels daily so I wouldnt bother taking your own beach towels as they add to luggage weight and if your flying from Glasgow we found that they even weigh your hand luggage now so be careful.

We ate out each night in the centre of Ayia Napa. There is something for everyone. I have been to Ayia Napa 4 times now and each time I go its amazing. I cannot find fault. My partner was a bit worried with all the clubs but when we arrived he loved it just as much as me.

Top bars to drink in are liquid, Golden Arrow, Tommys, Queen Vic, Romeos and Napa Star. They all offer tribute bands or karoke. Excellent. Restaurants well we ate at different ones each night but the best are Zi Zi's Italian Restaurant and Liquid also does nice food.

We went on a VIP Cat Cruise which is fab and highly recommended. Its 89 euros per person but well worth it. Free booze or soft drinks all day and dinner is included. We also did a Famagusta safari trip. It was half a day but takes you round all the places you need to see. This only 8 takes people in a jeep so its best. There are others which include a big red open top bus but if you choose this book very early as trying to get seats up top are almost impossible. We also went to Waterworld which is great fun. We also went on a cheap boat trip which was 5 euros each but worth it.

All in all this is a fabulous hotel and a fabulous Country and I will definitely be visiting again this year.

If your looking for a more centre hotel try the Napa Plaza which is also amazing and a bit cheaper. Ive stayed here 3 times and cant say a bad word about it.

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Greek first
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed at the Grecian Sands for two weeks and had our Wedding there too. We booked our holiday with Thomas Cook. The hotel was very clean, we were upgraded upon our arrival and had the views almost as they show on their web site. We had flowers, fruit and wine in our room on arrival and were advised the day we arrived when we would meet with Fabienne, the Thomas Cook wedding co-ordinator and LIza, the hotel wedding co-ordinator. We thought the stress would start there but it didn't, it was so quick and easy to organize the day and both Fabienne and LIza were fantastic. The staff in the hotel were friendly and we were very lucky that on the evening of our wedding there were a duo singing in the bar, who really did entertain us all. The bar was normally very quite throughout our stay and so I wouldn't rave about entertainment but we really thought this could be due to the fact that no-one really stayed in the hotel during the evening. Onto the weddding day.......Fabienne and LIza were on hand right from the start and really made us feel special. The setting was perfect and so well organized. I had my hair and make up done in the hotel salon which was just perfect and I wish I could of brough the hairdresser back with me. We enjoyed a three course dinner in one of the hotel suites, which had lovely views, was very clean and again, perfectly organized. There were two waiters throughout the meal who were extremely efficient and made sure everyone was topped up!!! After dinner we had the speeches and then a first dance in the privacy of the suite. After this we went into the bar and again the staff were great. We really didn't want the day to end but the heat really wore everyone out. Even after the wedding day Fabienne and Liza still made us feel special and Fabienne even went as far as offering to come to our hotel with her laptop so we could check out our photo's (we booked our own photographer). 11 of our family came out to Cyprus and stayed elsewhere but they were impressed with our hotel and were even more impressed at how smoothly the day went. Their comments were that it was beautiful and very emotional. We really didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back. A great time had by all. Thank you to all at Thomas Cook and the Grecian Sands who made our day the best ever and better than we could ever have imagined............

Ardrossan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Just back from the Grecian Sands, What more can I say? Fab hotel, great staff, perfect location. My husband and myself were b/b which was perfect for us, as we wanted to sample the local cuisine. We ate lunch in the hotel occasionally, the standard was very good, fresh, huge portions. The night life in the resort is good, something for everyone, from classy bars & restaraunts, to the strip, where clubs & bars will entertain you until the early hours. We witnessed a couple of weddings at the hotel, they looked very well organised, perfect if you dont want a long flight. Finally, thank you to Avraam the hotel manager, he was friendly, and a credit to the hotel. Hope to go back soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Enfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stay here with my girlfriend for 2 weeks and absolutley loved it. Was thinking that all we will see would be loads of weddings but actually there was only 2 while we were here and they looked very nicely done!
You can't go wrong with staying at this hotel, if you want to experience Ayia Napa without the noise of the night clubs and bars then this is the hotel for you.
We stayed half board so had breakfast and dinner included. The morning buffet style was very good with everything you would want in the morning and the evening meal was very nice, a sit down 4 course dinner (if you want 4 courses that is!!) overlooking the sea as the sun goes down. Men do have to wear long trousers or jeans. They will not let you in with shorts or 3 quarter length trousers as for women it is a little more relaxed.
If you decide to spend time at the pool or private beach then you will be provided with clean beach towels everyday and won't have to get up for a drink as waiters are walking around all day to fetch these for you when needed.
Our room was brilliant and when we arrived it had a complementry sandwich and crisps for us to enjoy. The room had everything you need with very good air conditioning, free digital safe, mini bar and fridge and a kettle for a nice cuppa in the morning.
I can't express how nice this hotel is and me and my girlfriend will definatley stay at this hotel again. Highly recommended!!!!

bristol, england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Stayed here for 10 nights Jun-July with my boyfriend.
I must admit I was a little worried that there would be hoards of wedding parties which would've taken priority over us. Yes, there were big wedding parties but we were not ignored and the service we recieved from the staff was excellent!

A few weeks before our stay I enquired about the cost of a sea view or side sea view room - they advised it would be 28/14 EURO per day!!! I decided not to bother but to my delight we were put in a fantastic room on the 3rd floor with full view of the sea and pool!!
The room was a little tired, with damp stains and cracks on the ceiling but nothing that bothered me too much, and the bed was huge and comfortable!

We stayed on b&b basis, as we like to try out new restaurants on the evening. The breakfast was average, it got boring and I didn't like the sausages or bacon. For evening meals we went to a different restaurant every night as there is so much choice in ayia napa. Our favourite however was located if you turn right out of the hotel and a few minutes walk up the hill. There is nothing there except for a traditional taverna which had such a lovely feel and was a nice break from the hustle bustle centre of ayia napa, the steak was fab!!

The location of the hotel is perfect! It is literally right on the beach, the hotel has its own private beach which overlooks the sea and the public beach, sunbeds are free but we only managed to stay there twice as it got so busy. The main beach was fine, 7euros a day for umbrella and 2 beds. The sea is beautiful and perfect for snorkelling. My boyfriend is a qualified scuba diver and really enjoyed the dives in Cyrpus, I did a discover scuba dive which I loved and would recommend - so peaceful under the sea and we held a baby octopus!!
It's about a 10-15min walk into the centre of ayia napa, although we are only in our early 20's we weren't fussed on the nightlife of ayia napa. We did walk up the bar strip one night but found it was a nightmare to walk a few feet without being pounced on with drinks promos!

We did one excursion which we booked through our first choice rep when we got there which was a day on a catamaran - really loved this and would recommend. It was 80EUROs each but it was all day and you could help yourself to the bar and snacks and lunch was also provided.

Overall, we had a fantastic stay. The hotel is lovely but the location and views really are what makes it. I agree with other reviews that rooms could do with a refresh - it didn't hinder our stay but for the price and star rating you would think they would keep it consistently up to standard. Staff were all very polite and friendly.

I've stayed in Protaras before and would rate Ayia Napa higher on everything, however, I don't think we would need to return as we have done what there was to offer in Ayia Napa.

Would recommend this hotel for couples and the weddings we witnessed did look beautiful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

been there got the marrage cert wore the teashirt, this is an amazing venue for a wedding, we have just returned from our wedding on the 29th july helped by the lovely lisa our wedding co ordinator who is so helpfull that you forget you had any worries about getting married, the location is simply stunning try the seaveiw deck you cant go wrong they have all ammenities for the ladies from laundry to hair and any problem is no problem, the food will delight you.
nothing posses a issue for any of the staff when you need something, the rooms are well air conditioned always cleaned to a good standard and efficient, comfortable, all the facilities are great

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
HALIFAX/ WEST YORKSHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We have just been Married over in the Grecian Sands and what can i say ..... Talk about organization everything is so professional,, so brides don't have to worry. I must say my wife was a little bit weary but was put at ease when Liza the wedding co-coordinator helped out with Music, Venue, Food, seating arrangements you name it , Liza can do it ! Also Ami Thomas cook wedding co-coordinator is also very helpful.

The Hotel is Beautiful and well up to date, for the modern 21st century, not like other hotels i seen in Cyprus. The Staff are very polite and helpful.

The Hotel Have plenty of facilities such as Ping pong table, indoor pool, American Pool table, Free WIFI connection to the Internet, free workout gym, pool aerobics. and also payable services such as hair dressing which my Wife used and i got to say she looked fabulous, also massage and other beautician services.

The Food @ the hotel.
Breakfast is a buffet eat as much as you like, includes bacon, egg, scramble egg, boiled egg, sausage, hash brown, all toast, fruit, ham , jams , tea or coffee, fruit juices etc etc .......... which is very nice obviously its not your Sunday morning farmhouse breakfast you get in England , but its still good quality.

Dinner, Tea & sweats @ the restaurant
are all payable and not too expensive but Local food restaurants are the place to be to try there tradition foods.

The sea is so close to the hotel, you could trip over and be on it, well its just a few steps away, i must say there is cliffs also you can jump off into the sea its Amazing, Not only that the sea is so clear and nice. the hotel parasols and chairs are free , but on the beach there 2.50euro's a chair and 2.50 for a parasol (daily).

The Hotel is positions brilliant because its not in the centre of aiya napa and its not too far from the centre, so families of all ages can enjoy the holiday. you can easily hire out a beach buggy (2 seater) for around 35euro's a day, or car for around 47euros a day.

Feel free to ask me questions i will always respond.

Good luck & Have a good Holiday

Adam 80)

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Grecian Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!