“Olympic Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Whittlesey
“Olympic Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

THe Hotel is a big Hotel, but all the staff are very friendly, helpful and caring. The Hotel has 3/ 4 pools one of which being Adults only and one indoor, they have a great choice of eating options a buffet breakfast, dinner and evening meal, a Greek/Cypriot, a Japenese and an Americian, we were all inclusive so everything was on tap, we were also at a Family Wedding and everything the Hotel did was superb. They might wish to add a free bus into Ayia Napa, but other than cannot fault them at all an absolute fantastic holiday and would return again.

The Hotel only has two floors so no hassle with a High rise and is also disabled friendly

Room Tip: The room that will enable the perfect view would be one that looks across the gardens and out to sea
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Olympic Lagoon Resort with my wife and 8yr old boy for 10 nights from 11th Aug-21st 2013.
we had an excellent time and would recommend this hotel for families with young children.
The staff are really friendly from life guards, waiters, bar staff and people who work in the lagoon kiosk.

The service is second to none with everyone smiling and nothing was a fuss.

The food was very tasty and the restaurant had a different theme every night from italian, latin, carvery, farmers, oriental, BBQ to name a few. The only thing I say to this is that more chice is needed. There is a speciality and cypriot meze restaurant but we did not try as the wife and child are fussy eaters.

The pools and the lazy river are very good and you have a water park within 15 minutes walking distance.

We took walks most evenings to Ayia Napa which was hard work in the heat and took around 50 mins as I cannot stand hotel entertainment which looked pretty poor. From bingo to quiz nights.
We watched a show on one occaision until I got board after 10 minutes before going to bed to watch a movie on the ipad.

The hotel needs to get sensatori crete standard entertainers to make me sit and watch. The shows which were on were stuff like pop idol, dirty dancing which is typical dross but each to their own.

The standard rooms were extremely small and initially we could not swing a cat in it. We asked for my boys bed to be taken out as we could not move. He slept in the middle of us for the remaining 9 nights.

Like I said before we were 50 mins walk from Ayai Napa but the location was still good. 2 mins from Landa beach which was spotless clean and very family friendly or 10 mins fro Nissi which is a little more packed out with lots of youths partying. Still nice to here a bit music and laugh at their antics.

all in all a great 10 nights and because of the friendly cypriot people and staff at the hotel I will revisit cyprus again next year.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom

Spent 2 weeks at this hotel with family and had a great time
The staff were very polite and friendly
Everywhere was spotless and food very good
The lazy river was Lovley and pools Lovley
The one thing that makes this,hotel was the entertainment staff their shows west end equals
They were there entertaining from 10 am full of enthusiasm until after midnight
Great holiday

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Firstly I cannot understand people who complain about not getting free upgrades or paying to come on to a all inclusive resort and people with tattoos is just stupid a,you want a better room pay for it b,stay in your own hotel can't be that good if u want to come to ours c,tattoos that's got nothing to do with hotel some people who comment r idiots now my review on arrival we were greated by a friendly receptionist and given a sandwich and drinks an taken to our superior bungerlow by golf cart which was amazing spacious and morden two flat screen tvs two bathrooms own private garden we arrived at our welcome meeting at 10.30 am and 2pm we had our meeting with our wedding rep Gill and then 4pm with hotels wedding rep Jodie busy 1st day but once that was out the way our stay could finally begin the grounds where immaculately kept with the young guy glass buffer keeping on top of the rubbish work his backside off always smiling same with the guys in the lagoon pool bar always smiling and chatting even in the heat the kanika all stars jade,Annie,gorgie,Alex,cieron,kaci,azza,Sam what can I say other than wow these guys are brilliant morning to night non stop energy and entertainment all of them wouldn't be a miss on the stage or in the charts that good special mention to jade and Annie who our 3 year old daughter became attached to (sades says hi) the little monsters club again to was outstanding we never thought we would but our child in a club but for her to ask to go is a credit to them as she is a bit clingy big thanks the girls specially rhian a Sarah sick of hearing chocolatte her new favourite song now or wedding when we where told we had to do nothing we we really didn't the wedding planners spot on our day was absolutely out of this world we got married in the gardens an had our reception in the old water mill square we had the BBQ as we only had 16 guests and the minuim was 30 the hotel only charged us for 25 a gesture they didn't need to make we had a waiter all night can't remember his name all ino know is he is from the same town as ele (guest relations mgr) so ele if ur reading this this gent is a credit to ur hotel and town very hard worker there has been a lot said about wedding party's in the resort we stayed for two wks an can honestly say I seen three brides one of which was my beautiful own so from a resort which do three weddings a day they can't be that much of a problem the food in all of the resteruants is at the highest standard something different every night yes there is some things repeated I.e chips pizza nuggets but we found it to be very varied and plentiful the only downsides to this resorts is coming home and are we going to be able to book next year because everyone we spoke to was intending to return there's a joke in the resort once you have been bitten by the olympic bug your hooked well we are I hope all the staff return for next years season as the where a major part of our experience credit to the resort and Cyprus we,ll be back

cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Having returned home in July had to wait to write this review, I carny believe the amount of people saying this hotel is "chavy". Just because someone has tattoos. This hotel goes from strength to strength, the staff led by mr pericou shoul be proud of what they have accomplished over the years. Food, drink, and more importantly the staff make this fab hotel what it is. Please keep up the good work and don't listen to negative reviews. This hotel has been my second home (lol). For 12 years, an many more to come I hope lastly the entertainment team work there socks of day an night to keep everyone happy.

• Stayed July 2013
Wisbech, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were booked in at the Olympic Lagoon Resort as part of a wedding party of 30. This would have never been my choice of resorts, I like little and traditional, family run etc. But somehow, despite having approx. 900 guests the staff managed to give the hotel a personal and friendly feel that I look for in a holiday and I had a fantastic time at the resort.

Natassa & Stephanos, who mainly worked in the Cinnamon bar were fantastic and took time to talk to us about the history and culture of Cyprus and to try and teach us a few basic words of the local language, help with pronunciations, suggest places to visit etc. as did the security guard on the back gate (I think his name was Andre). It was also noticeable that he kept an eye out when I went to the shop by myself.

All bar and restaurant staff were attentive and we very rarely had to wait above a few minutes for drinks, the lady that cleaned our room (208) was friendly and helpful as were all the behind the scenes staff that we came into contact with e.g. Sophia who helped to maintain the excellent hygiene standards at the hotel. But as usual when you get home names go straight out of your head so unfortunately I can’t name any other individuals but all staff, especially front of house staff, were fantastic and largely clever and well educated!

I really liked the personal touches at this hotel. Public relations arranged for Mini Lemon Meringue pies to be delivered to the room because my partner said he liked them for e.g. and a gentleman that works on reception helped us to print out an item that we wanted to add to a wedding gift. Nothing was too much trouble. If staff could help, they would!

Check in was very slow, but the hotel had 3 coaches arrive at once due to flight delays, it was after 9pm and errors by the tour operator made the hotels job more difficult from what I gather. We had to take our own cases to the room as we couldn’t find a porter, our room over looked the motorway and car park and the balcony was tiny, décor dated but OK, and bathroom a little rusty in places. We tried to eat in the American diner, but there were no tables and we had to wait about an hour to eat. This created an undeserved bad first impression of the hotel and did not at all reflect our experiences during the rest of the holiday.

Our room was very comfortable and clean, when light, I could just about see the sea, although the resort is sandwiched between a main road and a motorway there was very little noise that disturbed us unless the balcony doors were open and when on the resort the road noise could not be heard at all. Both the motorway and the main road are very quiet by UK standards. There was a small fridge in the room, one plug socket, air con, fat TV and a very comfy bed, but guests please be aware that the electricity to the room appears to go off when the room key is removed, so let management know if you have medication that needs to be kept cold for e.g.

The room wasn’t the greatest, but we didn’t spend too much time in it other than to sleep anyway so it had little impact on the enjoyment of the holiday! The bed was comfy and the room was always clean- that is near enough!

The food was very good, it was kept at the correct temperature, trays were taken away and replaced rather than re-filled so I had no concerns about hygiene standards. There was a good variety and variations each night with a good balance of Cypriot and international dishes on offer. I think you would have to be exceptionally fussy to go hungry. The only thing that I wasn’t too keen on was that some desserts were served as large dishes and guests cut their own portions, this could look a bit messy by the time a few people had been at them and put me off, a very minor point that I expect wouldn’t bother most people.

I would recommend a visit to the Japanese restaurant, this was unforgettable experience, chefs juggling knives and creating large balls of flame for e.g.

The grounds and pool area were immaculate and cleaned every morning, dragon flies darted over the lazy river, small reptiles lazed in the sun, beautiful blooms edged paths and walkways forming an idyllic location for either a holiday or a wedding. The wedding day was perfect, couldn’t be better! The lazy river changes colour after dark, creating an almost magical feel and amazing atmosphere for an evening reception.

The area around the restaurant had a series of ponds teaming with large carp and the hotel staff and guests had adopted a number of undomesticated cats including a kitten but they were never allowed to bother guests that didn’t like them. I did like them around and getting the kitten to come closer and closer until it finally ate out of my hand was one of the other major points that made the holiday enjoyable. Credit to the resort for always finding homes for the cats at the end of the season.

Agia Napa is not far away, 8 Euros by Taxi if going during the day but prices do vary depending on where you want to stop and time of day (ask to stop by MacDonald’s for the Shops, the Monastery for the Clubs or the Harbour to see the sea). There is also a regular bus to the main resorts 1.50euros in each direction, they run about every 20mins and have plenty of stops so you can hop off and explore. People are generally friendly and will help you find the right stop to get back to the Olympic Resort.

There are several beaches and coves in walking distance of the hotel, some are a bit over crowded with sunbeds for my liking but I still enjoyed the walk between them which had some small and quieter bays/coves. The shop just out of the back gates from the resort is very good, friendly and reasonably priced. The people with children used the shop quite a lot for crisps and sweets as they are not part of the all-inclusive package.

I would recommend the Big Red Bus trips, we went on the one to Famagusta, but I have heard the Village tour is also excellent. Car hire is reasonable and they drive on the same side of the road as in the UK so I would recommend this also as there are many beautiful places such as the Sea Caves that you cannot get to by bus. I would also recommend the Yellow Submarine boat trip from Agia Napa, it is 2 hours long and costs 10 euros. I am a very nervous and not very strong swimmer, but as the staff from the boat got into the water too, it gave me the confidence to get in the water and explore the caves as I knew someone was close by to help if I did have problems. Something I have never dared do before!

I would not recommend the Eman (I hope I have the name right) coach trip to Kakopetria & Kikos monastery. The bus was very uncomfortable and although the time at the monastery was sufficient and the guide excellent, by the time we were off the bus and in the Village of Kakopetria we had about 30mins left.

In conclusion, I loved my time at this resort and want to go back as much to see the staff again as for the facilities the resort has to offer. There are a lot of large parties and wedding groups, which would not suit everyone but I would like to experience the resort as a couple having experienced it as part of a large group. I think the resort would best suit people who want to spend the majority of their time at the hotel, or people that like to go and explore during the day but use the hotel facilities at night as the area around the hotel is not that lively.

A big thank you to all the staff that made the wedding and our holiday so enjoyable and memorable

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a great time at the Olympic lagoon . All the staff was great nothing was to much trouble. the entrainment in the evening was excellent . The food was great a wide variety . Landa beach is just across the road really nice clean beach with lots to do jet skis paragliding boat trips also a great bar with good food. Defiantly booking for next year this time we'll stay in the bungalows