“Amazing holiday” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Xylofagou-Agia Napa Rd, Ayia Napa 5330 , Cyprus   |
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
“Amazing holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here in june 2013 for 2 weeks had a lovely time and birthday this hotel is simply the best of everything .staff , food , entertainment , I will be goin bk nxt year cant wait too see everyone again , best hotel in Cyprus hope too visit sister hotel too nxt year happy hols :))))

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Been here for a week now and have another week to go, daughter Nicola get;s married in the Olympic gardens this Friday 5th July.
My wife and I are in the Fishermans Village room 717 - very good room, ground floor pool access which is ideal, waiter service with the 'little touches' that make all the difference.
My wife and I have done all inclusive in the Carribean many times 2 of which were with Sandals "luxury included" - they could all learn from this hotel!!
The service is first class, food also, The hotel caters for children and adults only - a rare combination but they pull it off with ease.
The staff, quality of the hotel fittings, architecture etc is first class - the reason for me is very simple - it all comes down to customer focus AND first class training - it is an excellent hotel and I look forward to the wedding and another wonderful week here!!

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra and have no children - Fishermans Village
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I recently stayed here with my partner, 8year old son & 19month old daughter. Our full group was a massive total of 81 we stayed here for my best friends wedding luckily she didn’t get married in The Olympic Lagoon as on her wedding day there was 6 brides so I doubt she would have felt that special if she was one of 6 luckily she choose Aphrodite’s Beach Venue in Ayia Napa which was truly amazing. (12th June - 26th June)

Checking in was very quick despite Thomas cook splitting families up to make the holiday cheaper which was appreciated at the time but once we arrived at our room 222 we soon realised what standard room meant it was very small although very clean. We literally had the walk way to use which is a nightmare when you have a 19month child and an 8 year old luckily we didn’t spend our holiday in the hotel room which was a good thing seen as though our lovely view was 2 massive orange pillars!! We did get offered an upgrade for a fee of 250 euro which we declined.

The food is amazing I never had one bad meal whilst there. Every night was a different teamed night from Oriental, around the world night to Thai night. The snacks are average no crisps or ice lollies only ice cream. The Japanese restaurant is amazing defiantly worth a visit or 2. If you like traditional Cypriot food then you would like the Captains deck but that wasn’t for me. I must mention the deserts which where truly mouth watering and amazing if you are a cake lover you will love the deserts.

The actual hotel was Amazing and I can not fault it for anything the entertainment team are abit annoying and have a personal crack between them which I think half the guest didn’t understand. But other than that they where alright.

The above sounds like I didn’t enjoy my stay but I can honestly say despite the small room me and my family loved our stay. The barmaid Natasha made my friends hen night a fantastic night making sure we had plenty of drinks. It's a pity the all inclusive finishes at 11.30p.

The Pool is lovely and always enough sun beds although towards the end of our holiday it was starting to get really busy so I can imagine July August time the pool being jam packed. It great that you are provided with towel cards as you can get fresh towels daily to take down to the pool or beach with you. The maids do a fantastic job everyday.

I do agree with one of the views on here stating is it a family hotel an adults only hotel or a wedding venue as there seems to be a lot of different things going on.

My overall view of this hotel is it’s fantastic and defiantly does deserve its 5 stars. Although we did get stung on my friends wedding day 11.50 euro for fresh orange isn’t this in the all inclusive???? Oh well anyway …… Outstanding hotel, lovely staff, amazing food and I would defiantly be returning in the future I would just book a bigger from to fit a family of 4.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

we stayed at the lagoon june 5th 2013 for 14 days. This was our second visit (july 2011 first) daughters wedding which was all you could ask for wonderful. So when we desided to return this year, both couples were keen to see if the standards could match up to the first visit.
From the start the reception was very good with rooms close to each other and pool view, tea facility in our room ( asked for) but our friendies had theirs next day, With many staff still being their from night porter, bar staff, waiters through out the day almost like home but warmer.
Ele (guest relations manager) to top man (jack Frost look like), and bar manager George were very friendly.
Rooms were kept smart, food varied through out the fortnight while the chiefs in the dining room were very helpful with the incredients of all dishes, waiters in the top bar Veronica (ncis watcher) always had a smile a happy outlook.
Even seen the space station go over one night. It has everthing for the young family, couples and the not so young. Room 182
Must stop nearly forgot this is one to try if you also would like some sun as well.

Room Tip: Try pool view so you have sun in the morning and shade in late evening
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

this holiday was the best one i had been on. all the staff at the hotel were the nicest people you could ever meet. also the entertainment team made the holiday. the shows they put on were amazing and each day was something different.the hotel was clean at all times and the variety of food at breakfast and dinner meant there was something for everybody. special mentions to kaci, jade, Alex and Sam which are part of the entertainment team. also Roxanna, maria and Natassa which are the nicest waitresses ever. would defiantly go there again next year as i had such a good time.

Wemyss Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

After staying at this hotel many times before we personally felt its just been over taken by weddings, near to the end of our holiday we had a discusting discovery of maggots in the fresh orange juice to be later told by staff all juice was later removed and fruit that caused issue were destroyed unfortunately after taken extremely unwell this frightened my two young children of eating anything further and causing the end to our 11 night holiday abit of a disaster. Still waiting on Thomas cook to investigate even though hotel admited issues and thanked me for keep quiet for the other 900 guests.
Hotel is beautiful but has lost the personal touch junior suites on ground floor could do with bathrooms being updated as sink was all chiped plugs all broken in bath shame especially with the prices I paid for this holiday.
The hotel has constant weddings nice but abit like las
vagas.

• Stayed May 2013
olympicpr, Guest Relations Manager at Olympic Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on line.

Dear Guest, your review indeed saddens us greatly. Firstly allow us to extend our sincere gratitude for staying with us repeatedly and experienced our updated facilities and our exquisite food and beverage outlets fruitfully. We do recall the incident very clearly because issues like this one are very rare at the resort and they stand out in our memory.

Our Executive Chef is extremely pedantic with the HACCP regulations. Unfortunately on that particular day due to the fact the oranges were going through a new large juicer, was difficult to identify any irregularity; therefore the juice was taken away from the buffet immediately which is the logical action to take. The issue has been addressed rigorously with the fruit producer.

Dear Guest, we sincerely apologise for the experience. On your next visit, please contact myself and I shall personally extend all appropriate courtesies to you and your beautiful family for a most enjoyable stay.

Take care and see you soon !
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went on June 16th and came back on the 1st July, The entertainment staff were amazing with all ages, the shows they put on were truly amazing and the daytime entertainment and activities made the holiday fun. What they do need is fans for the evening shows to keep them cool on the stage. All in all the team are amazing and it was worth every penny, I would like to say thank you to Sam, Kaci, Azza, Kieran, Alex, Jade, Georgie and Annie!

Room Tip: If you get a Junior suit request pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Olympic Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!