“Must go there if you are visiting Ayia Napa” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nissi Avenue | PO Box 30010, Ayia Napa 5340, Cyprus   |
Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cairo, Egypt
“Must go there if you are visiting Ayia Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

i had such a nice experience there, the hotel great,perfect location on nissi bay with great landscapes and views,staff were very friendly and helpful,the access to the beach is so easy and the view from the rooms is breathtaking, i would suggest taking a room on the higher floor, i will be definitely going there again if i had the chance, i didnt have my baby girl with me, but for people seeking a good family holiday this is a great place for children,a great experience and thank you for the great hospitality

Room Tip: a room on the third or fourth floor in sea view rooms would be a great choice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Hi there just looking for some feedback on anyone who has got married here? As we really love the look of it....just wanted to ask how much the wedding itself cost....including stay for 3 weeks...we have 2 children....and would have a party of 30 guests which would all stay at the hotel also... Any replies would be much appreciated many thanks I advance

• Stayed June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have just got back from an amazing wedding at the nissi beach hotel. When we first arrived I must admit that I had doubts on whether or not I would like it. Upon checking in two members of our party where told there was no room for them at the hotel and they would have to spend the night somewhere else. However they received 10 meal vouchers between them to use. Unfortunately this happened again to another one of my guests and from talking to other people was also happening to them. I had booked to stay in a sea view room and we where put in room 119 along with my mother who was placed in 124. These rooms do not deserve to be classed as sea view and are in no way worth an upgrade. Obviously being my wedding I was very upset and complained at the reception to which I was told we could move in 3 days to 406/ 407. I can not describe the difference. The view from these rooms are breathtaking. I would recommend you request to be high up if booking these rooms. The air conditioning is poor in the beach view rooms. The garden view rooms are basic and to be honest it is more the view rather than the rooms that get a high rating. There are fridges in the room along with tea/coffee facilities, miniature shampoo etc and no need to take a beach towel as they are provided and you can change them daily. The food at the hotel is very good. It provides the same choice for breakfast throughout the stay but changes options at night. As expected the drink prices are high but for snacks it is reasonable and tasty. The beach it is situated on is out of this world and quieter towards the hotel. If you continue around the beach there is a lively part.
In terms of the wedding Mario's, tasos and Caroline are fantastic and the day goes without a hitch. It is beautiful and nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend Anna's hair and beauty, chara a make-up artist and Sarah's lunch who made our cake. We had the Rondavel which I would highly recommend along with the BBQ buffet. They provide a champagne breakfast the next day and a candlelight meal on the night of your choice.
The nissi beach area has shops and a couple of bars outside it. You are not spoilt for choice as everything is just a short taxi away such as ayia napa or even protaras. I would recommend jungle mayhem for food and haggle with the taxis on price.
One company to be aware of is TRYFONAS a quad and buggy rental place. I believe it is a con as both our buggies broke with gear failure. When we returned them there was a couple with a similar gear problem and the owner had him by his collar and threatened to kill him if he didn't pay 250 euros. We where charged 160 euros and we were too scared to complain. AVOID!
One trip to defiantly do is the galaxy boat ride. It was amazing. Drinks are included and it's great to have a snorkel in the waters. Also the open top bus to famagusta was great for half the day buy over ran and ended up a little too long. Going into Turkish Cyprus feels strange and seeing the old buildings is so sad.
The 4 star rating is only due to the mess with the rooms otherwise it would have been a 5

Room Tip: Request a higher floor if booking sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I reached the hotel after flight and relative not short road 54 km from airport to find them saying we r fully booked while I booked my room 4 months ago and paid all the money they offered to go to another hotel they booked for me there for 2 days and back as upgraded from BB to HB so I had to go more 8 km almost outside ayia napa from otherside to the new hotel to be surprised that no reservation present there , new hotel says I can take room but must leave hotel in next day as they r fully booked too , after 1.5 hour of calls and threat them to come back to nissi resort and make a scene in the lobby and escalting the issue to the max. They said they found my room in new hotel they gave us good room actually on swimming pool , after two days I went back to nissi beach resort as agreed they gave me the smallest room I have ever seen and what they say its garden view it appeared to be 1 or 2 meter of grass and then directly the hotel car park .
Actually I never faced this before and worst situation ever.........

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
NHAD, Manager at Nissi Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience at our resort. We truly apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered during your stay and I do understand your disappointment and anger .An overbooking situation is common worldwide but nonetheless if we face such a situation we always do our utmost to help and compensate our guests .
The management team has taken all appropriate corrective actions to prevent similar situations .
Thanks
Nikos Hadjicosteas
Hotel Manager
Pontypool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our holiday and wedding was amazing we booked it a year ago after visiting the hotel. Marios, Tasos, Caroline ,Frank who sorted the music the girls at the salon Anna and Tina the DJ Liam and Marios the photographer were brilliant the venue was amazing couldn't have wished for better. Hotel is spotless, food is good, bar staff and waiting staff are very good Anelia and Stella especially. And to top it off one of the couples that attended our wedding have book for September 2015.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in April 2014 with partner and niece. Booked one of the beach bungalows. Lovely accommodation with sea views. Very nice hotel with a great pool which our niece was never out of. Hotel facilities were good and service was very friendly. Nice bar area with live music every night which was nice. Good wifi in the lobby which kept our niece busy each evening before we went out for dinner. Hotel has a resident Pelican which wanders the gardens and gets a lot of attention from all 2 legged residents. Nice distance from the centre of town to avoid excess noise, yet a 5 minute taxi ride away. A couple of nice restaurants close by to enjoy. Would highly recommend staying here. Also a very good beach just beyond the hotel grounds if you like a swim in the sea.

Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My partner and I recently returned from my sister in laws wedding. We stayed at the hotel for two weeks and we had such an amazing time. On our arrival we had a cold flannel and glass of juice which was a nice touch and our room was a little basic compared to what we are used to but was absolutely spotlessly clean. Breakfast buffet had a lot of choice and was always full no matter what time you went down to eat. The wedding itself was perfect. The hotel staff were spot on and could not do enough to help us. The master of ceremonies was brilliant and the whole day went perfectly for them. The guys working in the pool bar were great too. They remembered us all as we were there for 2 weeks and were so friendly and welcoming. I'd defiantly recommend this hotel to holiday makers and someone thinking of booking a wedding abroad (i work in hospitality and this place has the edge over other hotels we visited ok the area)

Stayed June 2014

Been to Nissi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!