Just back from a 5 day break to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. After trawling through almost every 4 and 5 star hotel on the island, we opted for the Nissi beach and booked a sea view room in the main hotel building. We were not disappointed; it was a great choice. We arrived at 11pm to be welcomed with a glass of fruit juice and ice cold flannel which was lovely considering the temperature was 27c!!! Our room was lovely and looked liked it had been refurbished and was spotless and the view over gardens and sea was fab. A lovely gesture from the hotel for our anniversary was a bottle of bubbly on ice, flowers, fruit bowl and a bottle of red wine.
The beach was golden soft sand and 2 beds and brolly cost 5 euros per day. Water sports available and as it was on the small island at the other end of Nissi Beach, was not intrusive at all. Grey beach towels are provided by the hotel and these were in the bathroom on arrival. My only downside about the resort was the beach got 'hammered' at the weekend - I've never seen a beach so busy - but that's only a couple of days so not a great complaint. My husband would say the sausages were his only disappointment, he hates frankfurters and that's what was served on the hot buffet.
Nissi Beach is only 2 km from Ayia Napa. It's a nice leisurely stroll in the evening if you wanted to go (a taxi will cost around 8 Euro). As we were on bed and breakfast we ate in some excellent restaurants minutes from the hotel and would recommend you try Apple (look for the stuffed donkey at the entrance!!) food was second to none and cheaper than the likes of Gardens and Valentino's.
4 weddings took place during our stay. All I can say to any future brides reading this, it's a magical place to get married and your photo's will be fabulous as the gardens are gorgeous and the way they transformed the lunchtime Rondavel pavilion café on the sea front is amazing, it is truly beautiful and looked so romantic for wedding receptions.
We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay and will be booking another holiday there. I did like the location of the beach bungalows so will probably give them a try next time.
We would highly recommended this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nissi Beach Holiday Resort embraces a unique bay of its own, renowned for its crystal clear turquoise waters and white sandy beach. Nestling within 100.000 sq. metres of lush, tropical gardens, Nissi Beach has earned a reputation as a true holiday paradise throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Nissi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nissi Beach Holiday Hotel Ayia Napa
- Nissi Beach Cyprus
- Hotel Nissi Beach Holiday
- Cyprus Nissi Beach