“Absolutely beautiful wedding day - Hotel & staff are fantastic!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nissi Avenue | PO Box 30010, Ayia Napa 5340, Cyprus   |
Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
isle of wight
“Absolutely beautiful wedding day - Hotel & staff are fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We got married at this hotel on 7th July 2012 and i would like to share my experiences with any other couples planning on getting married here. We booked a year in advance and i must admit i was incredibly nervous as i had never been to Cyprus before and felt i had to fully rely on the wedding planner (Marios) to arrange everything for us. Well he definitely did not disappoint!! After months of emailing each other, we arrived in Cyprus to a beautiful, clean and tidy hotel. On the second day we met with our Thomas Cook wedding planner (Megan) who was a lovely girl and did everything she possibly could for us. We also met with Marios and Caroline on the second day and went through all the final arrangements for the wedding - it was so straight forward, they all knew exactly what they were doing and made us feel so comfortable and reassured. We stayed in Beach Bungalow (19) with a sea view and i will strongly recommend spending that little bit extra for this - The view was absolutely amazing! The day before the wedding we had a slight issue with the videographer (we wanted the whole day filmed as well as the photos) but Megan helped straight away and arranged for the Thomas Cook videographer to step in with just 4 hours notice. The company Thomas Cook use was Photo Papis (locally based in Cyprus) and i would recommend them to anyone - The DVD we had was perfect and it was with us the very next day! The wedding day itself was wonderful, Chris the master of ceremonies was brilliant at entertaining our 26 guests and we went on to have the BBQ Buffet - The food was incredible, all our guests enjoyed it. I note a few comments on here mention "conveyor belt weddings" and that is simply not the case. From my experience the hotel made us feel like we were the only ones to ever be married there! I think they have 3 weddings at day during the busy months and they did not clash or overlap in the slightest. The hotel through in plenty of little extra's - The bride gets 15% discount at the Spa, There is an in house hairdresser (Anna) who is very experienced and done a fab job. The flowers and wedding cake where better than we had imagined, and the beach was beautiful - Yes admittedly there was a lot of seaweed (i note from another comment someone was quite rude about the seaweed - How is that possibly the hotels fault!?) some men were on the beach EVERY DAY clearing it so they did the best they could. Everything about our holiday, wedding and honeymoon was perfect and i would recommend it to anyone! I would be more than happy to answer any questions just to share this brilliant experience.
Thank you Nissi Beach for the most amazing time of our lives.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
essex england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from our 5th trip to Nissi beach resort.
We love this hotel, a stroll through the lovely gardens brings you onto the great beach. The water is warm and inviting, yes sometimes depending on the current very fine seaweed comes in, but the staff are quick to remove it and for our weeks stay it was only there 1 day.
We stay BB, the breakfast is plentiful and such a varied choice, I honestly can't think of anything they are missing for breakfast. (well maybe lobster and chocolate fountain! but would I really eat those for breakfast)
The staff cannot do enough for you, from arrival, the cleaning staff, grounds people, all are friendly and just want to please.
We have stayed in the garden rooms and sea view - wine/fruit have been waiting in our room, well stocked mini bar. Rooms are cleaned everyday, beach towels for our use, tea/coffee etc etc.
We did once come with our teenage sons, they loved the night life in the town center and we loved the quiet resort, the whole family was happy.
We have never attended a wedding here but have witnessed many. My PLEA to all those looking to get married here is remember you and your guests will be where the temperature rarely falls below 35 degrees! PLEASE let your men wear tailored shorts/short sleeves and ladies think 'cotton' and short. This is not England! you do not need to wear suits/waitcoats etc there won't be a chill in the evening!!
Hope this info helps - and a big thank you to all the staff, loved the returners lunch laid on every week for those who have stayed at the hotel before.
p.s if you have a problem with anything do let reception know, they can't help if the first they know about it is when you return home and write a review.

Room Tip: We enjoy seaview and we always ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterlee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We got married at this hotel two weeks ago and WOW is all I have to say!!! Marios & Caroline were brilliant in the run up to our big day and also durung our stay.They are the most lovely people I have ever met! They are worth their weight in gold and were so helpful - they really know their stuff!!! We were impressed from the minute we walked in the door after a full day of travelling we were greeted with cold flanels and fresh orange juice. The porter showed us to our Beach bungalow and it was amazing, the hotel had left us some sparkling wine as a welcome which I though was lovely! The view from room 33 was unbelievable!!! The staff, the food, the hotel, the maid service were outstanding.... I cannot praise this hotel, it's contents and it's staff enough.... you will not be dissappointed infact i know you will have the time of your life!! We had the best holiday, wedding and honeymoon and we cant wait to return! Thank you Nissi for helping us to create memories we will treasure forever X

Room Tip: Make sure your bungalow is on the front row facing the sea!!
Saltburn-By-The-Sea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've just returned from a 7 night stay at the Nissi Beach Resort (Weds 29th August - Weds 5th September), my brother got married at the hotel and in total there were around 30 of us staying here - it was an amazing week and the hotel was fantastic!

Check-in:
Upon check-in I was given fresh orange juice and a cold flannel to cool my face much appreciated after a long day. My flight was also delayed by 7 hours meaning that I had missed dinner on the first evening so I was given a lunch voucher to use as I wished, as everybody else was already there waiting for me to arrive the bar maid opened up the bar again (it was circa 1am) so that I and everybody else could get a drink

Room:
I was staying in one of the garden rooms (131) - I was very impressed! It was finished to a high quality with a really comfortable bed. There were also fresh flowers on the bed, fresh fruit and a bottle of wine waiting for me in the room. I left the air-conditioning on at all times so my room was lovely and cool when returning later in the day. The cleaner did a great job and the room was spotless.

Wedding:
This was an amazing day - the ceremony takes place overlooking the beach and the see and the grounds are superb - the gardeners do a great job! Marios from the hotel made sure that everybody was ok and day went without incredibly smoothly. The hotel upgraded the reception free of charge so we had our own private area - although other weddings took place on the same day these go unnoticed and you are made to feel as though only your wedding party is ongoing, the staff do a great job doing this. The food was of amazing quality and the five courses went down a treat!

Food:
We were all really impressed with the quality and variety of food available - most of us were staying on a half board basis and you were able to switch lunch and dinner around as you wished so weren't always tied to having to eat dinner in the hotel. For dinner there was always a theme - around the world, fish, Italian, BBQ to name just a few. You could help yourself to as much or little food as you liked. Breakfast was really good with a plethora of breads, meats, cheese, salad, and fruit along with traditional hot items - again you could have as much or little as you wanted.

Grounds/ facilities:
The setting and grounds of the hotel were amazing - how the gardeners work in the heat I don't know but you always see them working away keeping it all looking pristine. The facilities at the hotel are great - you are overlooking the sea with lots of loungers and parasols, there are also two pools - an outdoor one and an air-conditioned indoor pool which offer an alternative to swimming in the sea. A range of free activities are offered throughout the week - we did archery which was great fun, and some others within the group went to acquafit. A shame we didn't have time to fit some of the other activities in! The bride and bridesmaid made use of the spa and hairdresser for the wedding day and they all looked stunning! The spa also lets you exchange your beach towels as often as you wish throughout the day (2 supplied in each room)

Evening entertainment:
We returned to the hotel to see the entertainment on a couple of evenings, we were very impressed - one night had belly dancing, a light show and fire eating! And the other had a really good singer. Other people that we spoke to who were there most nights commented had impressed they were.

My hospital adventure...
I was admitted to hospital for 21 hours during my holiday for heat stroke and dehydration after touring Cyprus on quad bikes with some others from the wedding party! The hotel were fantastic allowing my parents to bring me dinner from the hotel (The private hospital food was good but not quite to the hotel standard!) The staff were also asking people within our party how I was doing and if they/ I needed anything - when I returned to the hotel the next day staff also wanted to know how I was

Staff:
One of the bar maids made sure that the entire party was looked after throughout our entire stay - she was also around on the wedding day and made sure we all got some free drinks :-) All staff were very good, friendly and polite - particular thanks to the Marios, Helana (Bar maid) and the staff that were very accommodating when I was in hospital!

Overall:
A fantastic week and lots of memories - I know that my brother and his wife have already booked to return next year and I'm sure others will follow, I certainy will!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We got married at the Nissi Beach on 20/08/12, it was amazing! I cannot put into words how wonderful the hotel is and how fabulous Marios and Caroline were in arranging our wedding. It was the best day of our lives and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to get married somewhere perfect! We had a beach suite and I would definately recommend upgrading as it was worth every penny. The hotel staff were polite and attentive and the hotel and gardens were spotless.
The only negative point I would say is that the children's entertainment was quite poor compared to other hotels we have stayed in. Having said that we have 2 children aged 8 & 1 1/2 yrs and I would definately go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012
Heathrow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Have just returned from 10 days at The Nissi Beach Hotel and was very disappointed with the hotel!!!! Our room was tired and not clean and not even in the hotel itself. Our room was in a block at the back of the hotel and a long unsteady walk for my disabled mother and children. There was a huge gap underneath our door for anything to crawl in, minibar was totally empty and dirty ashtrays. Our view was awful and we had the joys of the karaoke bar opposite until 2am. The hotel hosts wedding after wedding and if you are just on holiday then seems that you are not important. Food in restaurant was average and did not cater for my children 5 and 7. The waiter was a nuisance throughout our meal, insisting we pay for drinks. You do not get the Cypriot experience as the main nationality amongst staff were russian. Nissi beach was full of green stuff floating in the water and my 7 year old picked up a large piece of glass that was in the water. Drinks in the bar were very expensive. We ended up eating out despite being half board. We had a bad experience at this hotel and will not be recommending. One positive was the air conditioning in our room was very good.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Having been to Cyprus 10 times or more, we were very disappointed when we stayed at the Nissi Beach Hotel. On first impressions the hotel seemed very impressive but when shown to our rooms we could not believe it! The Thomas Cook brochure shows a very nice looking hotel but we soon discovered that we were not in the hotel itself but in a block at the back of the hotel which looked like Butlins chalets, very misleading, the hotel describe these rooms as Garden rooms!!! Rooms were dated and ashtrays were still full of ash, the minibar fridge was stocked with the last holiday makers stuff and a container full of what looked like sick!! The view from our room was Nissi Avenue, trees and rat bait boxes and a karaoke bar which went on till 2am!!! The hotel is like a wedding conveyor belt and large groups of people hanging around the pool!! We asked to be moved and staff very unhelpful! The beach had green moss floating which stuck all over you and two men were using a net to drag this out! The restaurant in the hotel was like fawlty towers and a free for all, there was no kids food options and the drinks waiter kept asking for us to sign the drinks bill when we were half through eating our meal, despite being asked to wait!!! We were on half board but could swap our evening meal for lunch, but the walk to the Taverna was about 1/2 a mile from our room. Facilities for kids very poor and the hotel are only interested in weddings. Will not be returning here!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the main hotel not a "Garden Room"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Nissi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!