“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alion Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Alion Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Alion Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kryou nerou Ave 38 | P.O Box 30450, Ayia Napa 5343, Cyprus   |
Ranked #4 of 102 hotels in Ayia Napa
Warsaw, Poland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The service is simply not to exceed. I appreciated the very courteous, but nevertheless unobtrusive friendliness of the entire staff. You can tell, that a majority of the staff already longer in the hotel works, it looks like a well-oiled team. One comes even with german, which i abroad actually not expect. To the dealing with complaints i can't say, i had no.The alion beach has its good reviews here completely with good reason. It is a hotel which was a good size, so that here at any time the feeling of mass arises.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PanicosMichael, General Manager at Alion Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear guest, Thank you very much for sharing your excellent review on trip advisor regarding your Alion beach holiday experience. We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that you appreciated the friendliness and professionalism of our team.
Thanking you once again for your great comments we all look forward to welcoming you back before not too long.

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Beds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

For those who want a quick read here are the basics! Is this a good hotel, Yes. Would I stay here again,Yes. Would I recommend it to others.Yes. Is it perfect, No but not far off!

This hotel suites couples and adults, it is not really set up for children although they are welcome.
On arrival you are welcomed by a very friendly manager George, a nice drink is provided at check in.Reception is well kept and the staff are well trained and very helpful.

The rooms and balcony are not the biggest but they are well kept, fully functional and cleaned daily to a high standard. The pool area is excellent, not surrounded by sun beds but instead flower covered pagodas which shaded seating, a lovely option for lunch. The pool is never really busy,a good temperature, clean and a lovely place to dip in and out of during the day. The outside bar which also caters for lunch snack is perfectly placed, the staff area very friendly and regularly pop past your sun bed asking if you need a drinks etc. As you come to the pool floor in the lift you have a hair salon, indoor pool, lovely shop with UK newspapers, Good gym, then outside, grassed areas with pool and bar to your right. The grassed areas all have double sun beds on them, with a thatched shade, the hotel has an very good policy, in that on your first day you choose where you want to be from a plan board and they are allocated to you for the duration of your stay. The hotel has mainly UK, German and Russians as guests with a few other Europeans in the mix. Generally everyone gets along well. From the sun bed area you walk 30 seconds and you are on the beach, lifeguards in attendance, nice, sandy , you can walk out and the waves are not to big. Top tip, turn right and walk 50m to the right and the sand is better and waves bigger.

Breakfast is excellent and caters for every taste!

The hotel is only 3 minutes from other restaurants shops and bars and only about 7 mins stroll into the main part of Ayia Napa.

Issues: The hotel has a 4 day dinner option at a reduces rate, this is good as the food is nice. Top tip, make sure you sign each day to stop any misunderstandings on how many days you have attended.

On Sunday it got very busy, apparently because locals can come into the hotel. Also a group of smartly dress Cypriot people possibly the owner and a group of friends came into the hotel, they reserved 3 tables which for hours were left empty and unusable to guests, If you choose to go out for the day I would choose this day, it was busier than normal but no to much of an issue.

Wifi is very good in public areas, including pool, sun bed and lounge seating areas, however there is a significant charge for wifi in your room which I would urge the hotel to change as this should be standard in a 5 star. We had one small issue which was dealt with by the Manager Panicos Michael, a very smartly dressed professional gentleman with glasses who you will see round the hotel from time to time. He was gracious in receiving some feedback on a minor issues, asked to see us, put it right instantly to everyones satisfaction. This is the mark of a good hotel as issues will come up in even the best. This if nothing else should be the single reason why you should book with the Alion, well trained staff, family atmosphere and a manager who is at the top of his game and cares about his guests. If I was in the hotel business I would head hunt him.

In summary I would Highly Recommended The Alion hotel !

Room Tip: We stayed in room 218 and 219 to the rear of the hotel, it is set back from the road and good if you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PanicosMichael, General Manager at Alion Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Andy, Thank you very much for your excellent feedback. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Alion. It has been our plasure having you as our guests and we all look forward to welcoming you back for another Alion beach Holiday Experience in the near future.
nottinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just returned from 2 glorious weeks in Cyprus. My husband and I have been visiting Cyprus now for the past 6 years and married there 3 years ago. As it is our 'big' birthdays this year we decided to push the boat out and treat ourselves to some 5 star luxury and after reading all the good reviews on the Alion Hotel and walking past it on many a visit and saying how nice it looked, we decided to book here. Overall we weren't disappointed and I have to agree with most of the reviews on here about the warm and friendly welcome on arrival, the good choice of food at breakfast, the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly maid we had. We also liked the personal touches of the bathrobes, champagne and fruit and the turning back of your bed every night along with the chocolate they left, they also used to arrange my nightwear on the bed. The gardens are well maintained and the views are glorious, we paid for a sea view and it is well worth it. We enjoyed the closeness to the beach and thought the sun bed system was fantastic and a few other hotels could take note of this. all in all we had a fantastic holiday as we always do, but I also have to say that personally and this is only my opinions on the hotel that although it is a beautiful hotel, it does have it's downsides. I personally don't think it is a 5* hotel comparing it to other 4* hotels I have stayed in out there. I have to agree with another reviewer that for a 5* hotel I would expect free wi fi access throughout the hotel and not just in the lobby or pool area, also I would expect use of a fridge, we did put some of our water in the mini bar fridge and moved the items to the cupboard where they could still be seen next to the wine, water and pringles but were charged for these, when I took this to reception, I have to say even though I explained we had only just arrived late the night before and gone straight out to eat and not had anything from the fridge and it was placed in the cupboard, the receptionist did say we would not be charged but she also wasn't that polite and basically told me not to use the fridge for personal use or remove items. I have done this in other hotels and left the removed items where they can be seen and never had any problems, so we had to buy water daily to have it cold. For a 5* I do feel a fridge could be provided. I don't think that the fridge had been checked from the last people leaving either. Also the on the compliments tray there is only 2 small pots of cream, no milk, the cream tastes like carnation milk and was not fit to put in a cup of tea, but again 2 small pots I don't feel is enough on a tray. We stayed in room 205 and I am not sure if this is one of the rooms that has been renovated or not, but if it is then I feel the standard has not been done that high as I found a few cracks on the tiles and ceilings were discoloured. The furniture too was a little dated as was the decor. It just needed a little TLC. I cannot comment on the bar or restaurants as we didn't use these, we did eat once at the pool bar and the food was o.k. however they did try to charge us for a bottle of water which we didn't have and when challenged they did remove this from the bill but with no apology for the mistake. We also got the feeling that they catered more for the dutch and germans and this was apparent at the fuss that was made over them at breakfast. My husband and I enjoy our 2 weeks away in the sun and to be honest just like to be left alone and do our own thing, but we also expect the same service as everyone else and this didn't seem apparent i'm afraid. I also think that the 'room pack' could be more explanatory, it shows you a list of DVD's that are being shown at certain times on channel 25 but when you actually try to play these nothing happens, I am presuming that you have to pay for these as well, although I never actually asked. As far as the TV goes, for the British you have Euro news and BBC world news in english that is it, again it's all german and russian tv. I did however on our last 2 days find a channel with british films in english. I know many people probably don't watch the TV but there are those that do and I personally like to have it on when I come back to the room and chill before getting ready to go out in the evening. As I say these are just a few of my views and opinions but for a 5* hotel I was expecting perfection which I didn't get, however saying that it was a beautiful hotel and I would stay there again, I just feel that after staying in hotels like the Napa Plaza and Mermaid then the Alion could take note of some of their refurbishments and also the Nestor which I am told has recently been refurbished to a high standard. THese minor issues will not stop me visiting the Alion again at some point and I hope that when I do I have just as good a holiday as I have just had.

Room Tip: book a sea view., it's well worth it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
PanicosMichael, General Manager at Alion Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your excellent review. As I mention in most of my comments our phylosophy is very simple " We do not have customers but only guests" Every action we take and every word we say drives towards this direction. I would like to appoplogize on behalf of the whole team if any of our actions, by any of our team members, gave you the impression that we treat some guests better than others. We may have a closer relationship with a guest who visited the hotel more than 2-3 times but we never did this by negletting the rest of the gusests. Interpersonal relations is a very sensitive issue and by no means we would like to become too pushy in our effort to be hospitable. Your constructive comments have been noted and they will be thoroughly discussed during our management meeting, as these are our guidelines for further improvement. Regarding the mini bar incident please note that Alion provides a fully stocked mini bar which is checked and replenished on a daily basis as part of the hotel 5 star service. The idea of the mini bar is for a guest to be able to enjoy a drink during the time he/she is in in the room with out having to call the room service or to be disturbed. Providing a fridge for the guests to use is a different service that a hotel will adopt if they decide not to have a fully stocked mini bar. This style of service (provide a fridge and have in the premises also a mini supermarket where guests can buy their own drinks) is found in lower category hotels.
Wishing you a very nice summer we all look forward to welcoming you back before not too long.
The Alion Team
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was my first visit to Cyprus and the Alion, having chosen it because of the favourable comments on Trip Advisor - I returned home to Weymouth at 0430 this morning but could not wait any longer to write this review (its now 0930). What a gem of a hotel and a week was simply not long enough to do justice to it. The staff were all extremely friendly and courteous, the cuisine was simply wonderful with a different theme every night, and the entire place was absolutely spotless - hats off to the superb cleaning staff who normally receive little praise. And, with a late flight on Wednesday, we were able to check out of our initial room and be allocated another room so we could use it during the day having been in the pool - what fabulous service. What really sealed my view of this gloriously serene and calming hotel, set in lovely gardens with its own exclusive beach, was the stellar leadership and management of the General Manager, Michael Panicos. He has that uncanny eye for detail and a real knack for making all the guests feel very welcome. It is clear that his stewardship over the last 20 years has been very influential in rendering this a true 5* hotel in every sense. Roaming the gardens to pull out the odd weed, hosting the new arrivals with aplomb and charisma or turning his skills to safe-breaking (yes, he personally managed the opening of my safe that I had succeeded to lock with the wrong combination), his influence permeates every area of aspect of the hotel and it was a pleasure to have met him. Backed up by a highly enthusiastic, dedicated and happy team (most of them have been there for some years), the Hotel clearly thrives on the team approach - Constantina in the bar and Zeneos in the pool bar deserve special mention. But the real testament to these effusive compliments and lavish but justifiable praise is the fact that so many guests from so many different corners of the globe return each year to re-new their acquaintence - a sort of Hotel Connexions! We will return very soon.

Room Tip: Sea view and panoramic rooms have superb views but cost that little bit more. We were quite happy w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Andy, I woudl liek to thank you very much for your excellent review and the very flattering praise for the team and my self. As I always say "every manager is excactly so good as his team is and not even 1% better" ! Your comments have already been shared with the rest of the team , which I am sure they are all pleased with them, and as guests satisfaction is an on going procedure our effort for improvement will continue having as main priority to "delight every guest with many memorable experiences".
On behalf of the whole Alion Team I thank you once againa and look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

First stay at the Alion beach hotel defiantly not the last. A perfect holiday the staff and food were second to none. Hotel in an absolutely excellent location, rooms very comfortable and cleaned to a high standard. Food was a very high standard with an excellent variety every night. The manger Panicos was very passionate about the hotel and the standards. Yannis and constanitina in the bar were good company and entertaining every night. The lady serving at pool side was very attentive and fun sorry I've forgotten your name. The reviews do not do the hotel justice. We will be back. jim and rose walker room 312

Room Tip: some excellent restaurants nearby try FIJI you wont regret.:)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs and Mr Walker, Thank you very much for your excellent review. We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent week at the Alion. Alion tema strives to provide personal, quality service and delight every guest with many memorable experiences. On behalf of the whole Alion Team a BIG THANK you for sharing your great feedback on trip Advisor and we look forwar dto welcoming you back before not too long.
Grantham UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Back for our fifth visit and as ever we were not disappointed. We catch up with friends who visit at the same time and with the help of the great staff we always have a good time. I wont repeat everything I and others have said but will give an example of the world class service.. British Airways changed our flight times such that we arrived early morning rather than the afternoon. When we got there we were invited to go for breakfast which was complimentary and when finished Maria had found us a room which we could use free of charge until ours was ready early afternoon. All of this was done with no fuss and was most welcome.. we will be back in October!

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are well worth the extra cost
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your excellent review! Alion team strives to delight every guest with meny memorable holiday experiences. We are delighted to hear that your fifth stay with us was excellent once again and we all look forward to welcoming you back next year for the sixth Alion experience.
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent hotel with great service in a very friendly atmosphere. Only 100 rooms so much quieter than bigger hotels in ayia napa. Just outside the thriving town centre and easy walk in if you wish to visit. Ideal if you are looking for a quieter location in this party town. Food very good and plenty of choice. Allocated your own sun bed on arrival so no problems in beating our European friends at dawn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, Thank you very much for your excellent review. Stress free holidays is the key word! The whole conept is build on providing personal, quality service in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. Sun bed reservation system has removed the stress away from our guests allowing them to enjoy a bit longer their sleep with out having to worry about the sunbeds!
Thanking you once again for your excellent commenst we all lok forward to welcoming you back before not too long.
The Alion Team

Been to Alion Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!