“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Durham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

It was our first time in Cyprus and we were very impressed with what the hotel had to offer. Quality of the accommodation, food, drinks and entertainment was up there with the best we have had on our travels around the world. We were very fortunate and overjoyed to receive an upgrade to our room, from a twin room to an executive 2 bedroom suite, this was a lovely room in a quiet area of the hotel which suited us both. Food was fantastic, in all dining areas with plenty of choice, salads and fruit bars were plentiful and always looked fresh. Local spirits and beers were fine as was the cocktails menu. There are ample of staff in the main eating areas so your table was cleared quickly and places to sit was never a problem, many of the staff are Eastern European and some do sometimes come across as a little uninterested in the guests, but they were never rude and got on with their job. We enjoyed the family entertainment every night, the young entertainment team work very long hours but always gave 100% to making the evening fun.

A special mention to the following:

The Thomson Rep Sarah was fantastic and probably the most helpful rep we have come across.

The Head Chef in the A La Carte restaurant, (apologise for not remembering his name, or attempt to spell it) served the best food of the holiday. This is a must and not be missed.
first class.

Hope this is of help choosing your next holiday, we will recommend to anyone

The West's

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aeneas-Team, General Manager at Atlantica Aeneas Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time write this review and for your recommendation of our hotel and services.

We will certainly pass on your special mentions, and we will look forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards,

The Atlantica Aeneas Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a great holiday and wedding and was really impressed with all elements this hotel offered. Although a little dated with some of the decor the staff really go out of their way to deliver a great holiday experience. Having had over 30 people at the wedding we saw a great variety of rooms from swim up suites to family rooms in the main block. Every room we saw was clean modern and tidy. We had a 2 room suite overlooking one of the smaller pools and although not as modern in decor as the other guests rooms the two bathrooms and space were ideal for us and our son and was great for the morning of the wedding when my new wife was attempting the world record for most people in one room. There were a few initial issues when we checked in however the reception staff rectified these straight away with a special thanks to Maria who was a credit to the hotel. All inclusive option was great however book it when you arrive at resort rather than with Thomson as it is much better value. The quality of some of the alcohol could be better however looking at what people were consuming if this was the case the price of AI upgrade would have to be a lot higher. The dining options in resort were very good with a choice of buffet or a la carte. We found the buffet restaurant to be of a good standard with a great variety every mealtime. Although at times it was busy the majority of staff were quick and attentive when it came to service. Sebastian had us in stitches with his enthusiasm to his work and Spyros one of the restaurant managers always greeted us with a smile. We used the Chinese a la carte once and this was probably one of the most disappointing meals during our stay. We had to prebook what we wanted the night before due to the size of our party and unfortunately some of the dishes we ordered were not available and the quality of the food wasn't great. On a positive side we ate in the other a la carte restaurant twice and it was top notch with great service and food. It was also this restaurant that did our wedding reception and the BBQ buffet was great. The wedding planner organised by Thomsons was called Orla and was responsible for all the flowers, hair, makeup etc. and was extremely friendly and efficient and made a real effort in ensuring all went well. The hotels public relations officer called Despina was responsible for all catering and hospitality and did an amazing job. She was a real perfectionist and was a pleasure to deal with. The in house entertainment team were very hardworking and couldn't be faulted for effort with a variety of external acts performing on the nights they did not. The entertainment was a little dubious at times however it always made us laugh and the kids loved the kids disco. Finally we would like to thank Nemo for attending our wedding as it must have been very hot for that poor fish in the 35 degree heat. All in all an amazing experience and we look forward to returning in the future!!!!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

All we can say is thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review of your recent stay with us. It is pleasing to know that we have reached and exceeded your expectations on a number of areas of your holiday.

Most importantly that your wedding day was a memorable one, our wedding team along with the rest of the staff work hard as they understand the importance of each wedding being special and unique.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Best Regards,

The Atlantica Aeneas Team
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Nice hotel in good location for Nissi Beach, we had a Executive one bed suite with swim up room which was the one on hotel website behind main pool and excellent location as its a little quieter but close to everything and kids little watermark behind room, food a very high standard and staff all very attentive, ayia napa centre about 3mile/ 5k away so not a good idea to walk through the day unless your fond of heatstroke but buses every 15mins or so and taxis always on hand about 7euros to centre, Nissi Bay across road, good tip for room is to upgrade direct with hotel via email and you save around £600 as travel agent wanted £1000 to upgrade after they messed accommodation up, Probably 4 - 5+++++ without the lardy dar which I like about the place was its more relaxed, i would probably go back and ask for same room think it was 812 was first executive suite when coming out of reception and crossing the bridge, crap kids club but they liked entertainment at night, i preferred to watch the wedding receptions warm up across the pool from are balcony ;-}

Room Tip: executive two bed suite away from main pool, you more or less have you own bit of pool and with a sw...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Having stayed in a Cypriot resort before and not being impressed, I was slightly concerned when my son decided to marry in Cyprus. We have just returned from a perfect holiday, the atlantica Aeneas is brilliant, the variety and quality of the food is first class, the staff were lovely, the rooms and pools are excellent, I would recommend this resort to my friends and sincerely hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Limassol, Cyprus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Small rooms, smelly carpets, dirty outdoor swimming pool, cold indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi was not hot, average food for dinner and for breakfast, terrible music, average service. We will not go back again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My mum and I have just returned from a week's break at this lovely hotel. We had a lovely refurbished room with swim-up access to the pool - it was immaculate and we could not fault the room. Our maid was Anna who was lovely and kept our room clean every day, although she could did miss little things such as replacing tea and coffee and neglecting to sweep the floor before mopping it. Praise must be given to the Thomson reps who were fantastic - thanks go to Sarah for helping me find out my degree classification and saving me from being a stressed wreck! The entertainment team (Ciara, Jillian, Stuart, Hannah and Nikita) were fantastic with unwavering enthusiasm and approachability and should be paid a shed load more for what they do every day! The restaurant could be confusing at time and some of the waiting staff and barmen (but not all) need to tell their faces to smile more often than not - good manners cost nothing, especially when a lot of people staying in the hotel had paid a lot of money. Food was some of the best we have has in all inclusives - I can be rather fussy due to various food allergies/intolerances and I never struggled to find food at every meal time (although I will never understand why they served chicken nuggets for breakfast). The local alcohol was perfectly fine and the cocktails available are great. Nissi Beach itself is gorgeous and the pool areas are lovely although there is still the usual chase for sun beds at god knows when - I was up at quarter to 8 most mornings and still struggled to get one with an umbrella. If a hotel has a policy of no reservation of sun beds it should be enforced - despite the fact I was up so early some of the beds that were reserved even when I got up were left unoccupied until 3/4 in the afternoon and even then only for an hour. I would not describe this hotel as a 5* but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and am looking to return (hopefully) with a friend later in the season.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a refurbished room - from what we saw of the older rooms they are much nicer!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Southampton, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I have recently returned from a week’s holiday at this resort. All in all we had a really good time. The problems that we encounted are so easily fixed that it’s a shame they were ever present in the first place.

As mentioned by a previous holiday maker the main restaurant was just confusing. We just didn’t know what we were doing, wait to be seated? Find your own table? Whichever one we opted to do it always seemed like the wrong thing. Some of the staff are helpful and welcoming but the majority just ignored us. I don’t know if this was a language issue but I felt that it was a case of “I can’t see you”. One of the staff (Anna) that seated people (very hit and miss) was just terrifying.

I did have once incident that really was unacceptable. A piece of breaded chicken I bit into wasn't cooked. I called over one of the male staff (senior) who apologised and said he would show it to the manager, I then watched him take it to the clearing area and put it straight in the bin. I then found someone else as I didn't want anyone else eating undercooked chicken. I was literally marched to the food and asked to point out which food item it was. He then called the one of the chefs out who said if I would like to cooked more she could do that, I explained again it wasn't a preference it was not cooked. They just didn't get it. I was embarrassed and just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me.

Our room (809) was quite noisy from the road and two mornings the guy that sprays the grass areas was spraying at 5am…!!! It wasn't the spray that woke us but the generator that was supplying it. I had to go and tell him to turn it off. We were awake then but it must have been terrible for people with children who it woke up. I think this is just inconsiderate. I did call reception and tell them. I think telling anyone anything in this place is just futile.
Like I've said all of the above is really easy fixed, it was more frustrating than a case of our holiday being ruined but for the money we paid I did expect more.
The food choices were excellent, there really was something for everyone, other than the chicken incident everything else regarding the food was superb.

We only found the snack restaurant on the last day.! (our fault) I would suggest that you have a good read of the welcome pack and look at the map on the back of the hotel room door, have a good walk around the grounds too when you first get there to make sure you don’t miss anything.

Everything has been said before regarding location, beaches, rooms, Russians etc and I would agree with most. Location great, beaches great, rooms – need some TLC, but as we don’t spend our whole time in the hotel room it didn’t really bother me so much, Russians have no idea what a queue is!

Nearly all the bar staff were fantastic (other that the bar near to the pool towels) He was just rude.

Like I say it didn't ruin my holiday, we had a really great time all in all. I would consider going back but I would want to pay a couple of hundred pounds less.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple