“brilliant family holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI

Save Saved
You added Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI to your Saves list
Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Makronissos Beach | PO Box 30198, Ayia Napa 5341, Cyprus   |
Ranked #27 of 104 hotels in Ayia Napa
north wales
“brilliant family holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

first impressions when we looked out of the patio doors of our ground floor room in the morning was "oooh lovely" we were right in front of the pool and behind the pool was a bar then the beach. everything was literally a minute or two walk away. Our bed was huge but the kids were on a double camp bed type of thing, plenty of storage space and a hair dryer also. The main restaurant was big and clean with plenty of hot tasty food, like all AI hotels, repetitive on occasion but still wouldn't complain about it.
Two lovely big pools one with an excellent children's pool (several small slides) next to it. Kids club was fantastic!! it was on 3 times a day most days and the whole team were brilliant.. very enthusiastic. The hotel itself was very clean with lovely cocktail bar and spacious reception area the pool areas were thoroughly cleaned every morning. The hotel beach was lovely and quite peaceful but we did prefer the beach on the other side of hotel as it wasn't as rocky for the kids getting into the water (2.50 euro per sunbed) Hotel provided towels.
Night time entertainment was ok ... kids disco then bingo which we found hilarious as reps made it fun when someone won with encouraging everyone to sing a crazy song !! there was also a quiz or a show and the bar was right next to entertainment area. Lots of russians who i found very rude with no manners what so ever. My family and i had a wonderful 10 days holiday and met some wonderful people but one thing did spoil it.... my sons camera was stolen from the room, i did report this (while doing so another family were there about a similar incident) but quite frankly the reception staff didn't want to believe that a member of staff could do this, although i did have a meeting with the manager he did want me to report it to the police but i didn't see the point as the 4 different members of staff i HAD to tell about this didn't want to believe me so why would the police??

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just returned from one week A\I holiday at the dome...What can i say,my wife+i celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary here+took our children+partners+3 grandaughters aged7,3+20mths..Food was excellent plenty of choice for all tastes..rooms where spotless+and we had 3 rooms next to each other overlookin the pool..Entertainment was generally aimed at children but then again it is a family hotel..Plenty of bars where my wife+i could go to for a quiet drink...Great beach to the left of the hotel only about 20mts from the hotel...All staff from management down to the cleaning staff where very Helpful,Polite+Friendly..Also the Thomas Cook kids club staff where great at keeping the grandchildren entertained..especially the evening discos...Cannot fault this hotel at all for families....

Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am a child resting at the Dome in July 2013 for three weeks.
I felt bad treatment of Russian tourists.
All the animation in English only. Russian children are very sad!
The restaurant is always dirty dishes. I disdain to take the glass beakers.
Maid service was poor quality. Cleaner sand is swept out under the bed. Detergents and soaps set only once.

Pluses include
A lovely children's pool with slides.
The friendly waiters.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Flint, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

went to the dome beach hotel,for my daughters wedding ,what a lovely place to get married in,stacey had hers on the beach,you cant get any better than that,the wedding pics were amazing,as you can see the med breathtaking,overall the dome do a lovely wedding,the hotel and staff are wonderfull,cant do enough for you,the only disapointment is the entertainment at night,which was dismall,also for the older children,there isn't much for them,to do,as the clubs are for younger children,but that is the problem for Thomas cook I think,our room was spotless,the maid was very efficient,would def go back,if the entertainment was better at night,

Room Tip: ask for a good pool view

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

just returned from the dome beach hotel,me and my family had a great time here.
(12/8/13) the rooms were fine,food was good,staff were very friendly.you have two beaches one you dont have to pay for the sun loungers(not the best beach,but ok)and the other you have to pay for the loungers(very nice beach)if you are like me you can walk for miles all the way into ayia napa (or get a taxi 10 euros 5min drive)if you do go here make sure you walk or get a taxi to nissi beach(one of the best beaches)very busy but lush!!! also i would recommend hiring out an electric scooter 10 euros for 1 hour,great fun,one more thing to do is go on the Aphodite II boat trip all day for 20 euros for adults and 12 euros for children,very chilled out trip...

hartlepool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

just returned from a 7 night stay at the dome beach 24/7/13-31/7/13 our room was 238. our initial reaction to the room was "lovely" then I noticed a hair on the bedspread then more hairs on the floor more trapped round the bottom of the furniture. scuff marks on the floor and dirt on the floor in the bathroom half a toilet roll on the holder and no security tape across the toilet. the maintenance man who came to " mend" the wardrobe door informed housekeeping. a maid came accompanied by, I assume, the housekeeping manager and swept the floor. after the wardrobe door broke again I went to reception and reported the dirty room the cleaners must have visited while we were out because the toilet had disinfectant in the bowl. the first set of sheets on the single bed in the room weren't as nice as the ones changed midweek. I have to admit I am a very fussy person but no one likes to see evidence of the previous occupants of a hotel room so it did have a bad impact on the holiday for me which we had saved up all year for no apology was received it just seemed to be accepted as normal which was puzzling because everything else was excellent the food, the beach, the staff should be proud of themselves for their hardwork done cheerfully and courteously.this was our second visit to the hotel our last being in 2000 so we knew the hotel and couldn't understand how this could happen. the entertainment on a night wasn't wonderful but it suited my five year old granddaughter which pleased my daughter and me. I have holidayed abroad every year for the last 18 years and have never written a review but I do feel better for having done this .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TsokkosCyprus, Guest Relations Manager at Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Please note that our hotel follows all HACCP as well as ISO regulations and is proud to be an environmentally friendly hotel, actively participating in environmental programs. One of our measures in reducing paper at the hotel is not to use any paper signage ("security tape" as you mention) on room toilets. Despite of our participation in various environmental programs we do clean each room with disinfected products prior to arrival. Regarding the wardrobe door, it has been as fixed as soon as you reported it, and the room has been also immediately cleaned once more immediately after you have brought this under our attention. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our food, staff and location as well as the entertainment. We have taken your comments seriously in order to further improve our facilities and services. Looking forward to welcome you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the dome for 2 weeks from the 28th of July. I am actually writing this review whilst waiting for the transfer bus!. I have really enjoyed Our time here, food and drink has been great. I loved the community feel the place has and the staff get to know you a little. In particular I would like to mention Dominic the barman an szabi the waiter who have been very welcoming and their work is faultless. Can I also mention the Thomas cook entertainment team. Charlotte, Otis, hollie an shihini (apologies for the spelling) who have been great made us laugh and worked really hard. Our little boy also loved the kids club, the staff are also excellent there. Overall I would recommend an would love to maybe return one day. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI? Share your experiences!