“Couldn't have asked for more!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ayia Napa
Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI
You added Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Makronissos Beach | PO Box 30198, Ayia Napa 5341, Cyprus   |
Ranked #30 of 103 Hotels in Ayia Napa
London
“Couldn't have asked for more!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

After reading on the thomas cook website that the hotel had been refurbished for 2012, we were very excited to stay at the Dome beach. We had been recommended to stay at the Dome Beach by a family friend who had been staying here for over 20 years. From the moment we arrived at Larnaca airport to our departure we could not have asked for more. We were welcomed into the hotel by friendly staff and offered to have our bags taken up to the room, which was immacuate. Our room was all white with red and black accents in the cushions, chairs and flowers, very clean and having everything you could want from a hotel room. We have stayed in top 5 star hotels and the room was more like a small suite than a standard room, with seating area and dressing table. The veiw was stunning, looking over the pool and out onto the sea and we asked for a sunny room so we could enjoy the sun on our balcony while having drinks before dinner.
The two things that stood out for us was the staff and the food. Everyone was so helpful and seemed like they actually wanted to help. Everyone was always smiling and remembered our names which wa a nice touch. Andreas the restaurant manager always worked so hard in making sure everyone was happy and had everything they needed. There was always a selection of food including a vegetarian option with plently of fresh salads. We would recommend you try the featured restaurants at the hotel, especially the greek and italian. Both are freshly made as you order, and the ingredients in the italian restaurant are imported from italy so you can't really ask for more. The bar staff and entertainment team were fantastic despite us realising by the end of our stay that they worked such long hours-they were always smiling and had took the time to socialise with everyone.
The location of the hotel is great as you have the hotels private beach so you can relax during the day, but if like us you wanted something a little more lively, a 15 minute walk along the beach was the heart of ayia napa's beach parties so you can pick and choose, so you get the best of both.
Some people have commented on the refurbishments. They were still going on while we were there, however we would not have noticed that anything was going on...there was no noise and everything done discreetly. The gym opened while we were there and we were able to have a quick look at the spa which looked lovely, so once opened we are sure it will be a feature point of the hotel.
At the end of our stay we spoke with George, who is the operarions manager of the hotel and he spoke about further refurbishments which will continue to enhance the hotel which is already hard to do, as for us it was fabulous as it was. A fabulous hotel for families, couples, and friends as you have the choice of having a quiet or lively stay-you can make it what you want. We couldn't thank the hotel enough and will definately be returning.

Room Tip: We had a high floor sunny room, with a sea view an it was perfect for us. Would highly recommend it...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
stoke-on-trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Called in at the Dome Beach 22/5/12 to have a look around the hotel following their recent refurbishments. I can honestly confirm a previous report that the refurbishments were not fully completed. Several areas within and around the hotel have restricted access and have been sealed off with red and white tapes. Also a newly constructed wedding area is still being worked on.
There also appears to be land clearing going on around the area of the hotel that backs onto macronissos beach.
As a regular visitor to this hotel over the past 5 years I think "Mr. Tsokkos" has got this refurbishment all wrong ! Sad but will have give the hotel a miss this year - Going to try the adults exclusive Kouzalis Beach Hotel just outside Protaras - Reviews look first class. Will look at the Dome again next year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Cannot stress enough how beautiful this hotel is, but the best things are the cleanliness, the choices, the location, the value for money, and most of all the staff. I could go on and on but trust me try it and you will love it.
Couple of things need sorting but we were assured these were being done on the next week,
1 towels although clean were old and worn out, 2 a smoking policy for outside areas needs sorting.
If these 2 things are done I would not dream of going anywhere else on Cyprus and would advise anyone else to do the same.
Location Location Location best you will find, Service Service Service best you will find.

Room Tip: Third floor front is best Sea View or Side Sea View.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Peterborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We were told the day before departure by Thomas Cook that this hotel was not open (the refurbishment ran over) and that we would have to stay in another hotel then move to this one after 4 nights which we did. The Dome offered us no apology for the inconvenience and distress caused to us not to mention the half a day lost because we had to move. But other than this....

The hotel location is in a quiet area which is what we wanted. It’s a great looking hotel and is a very clean. There is a bus stop a short walk away and it is very easy to get into Ayia Napa (there’s not much there to be honest. Bars, bars and more bars) and the Water Park (brilliant fun) and Nissi Beach (beautiful but busy) are a short walk away.

The room we had booked was a family room. We chose this because Thomas Cook advertised it as having a partitioning. This is a misprint by Thomas Cook. A family room is simply a slightly larger twin room. In fairness to the Dome this is not their fault but Thomas Cooks. As the hotel was fairly empty the manager gave us two adjoining twin rooms. The rooms were all newly done and were nice. The bathrooms were a good size and the rooms were cleaned daily. Word of warnings, there are no DIY laundry facilities only a very expensive laundry service.

Some of the facilities were not open but I don’t want to go into that too much as by the time you go they will be and we will be taking it up with Thomas Cook.

As a previous reviewer said, there is no ice creams. Sound silly but the kids love is and it was advertised in the brochure. On the last day choc ices were introduced to the freezer in the restaurant but you could only get to them at meal times.

I disagree with the comments about the food. It was really lovely. Fresh and tasty with gorgeous salads. The meat is all cooked perfectly and we found there to be a good choice. There is a separate menu for children so they can order kids food (my 3 year old lived on chicken nuggets and chips for the entire time!). The deserts were limited but very nice. When you eat in the Greek/Japanese/Italian restaurants there is an extensive menu but All Inclusive guests can only choose items marked (in the Greek Restaurant this was a choice of two meze platters, in the Italian it only included a cheese and tomato pizza and extra toppings were charged for!) otherwise you will be charged. I have never ever been to an All Inclusive Hotel and experienced this before and it was a let down. The waiters and waitresses were all fantastic.

The family pool is great. There is a kids pool with slides and jets. The swimming pool was clean and shallow and there are plenty of sun beds. I didn’t use the adult pool but it was a good size to get some lengths done. The beaches are both lovely. Shallow and clear and warm even in May. Pool/beach towels are provided.

I cannot praise the Thomas Cook Kids Club/Hotels own Kids Club enough. My son loved it and all the people who ran it. It starts from age 3 as well which was the biggest reason for us choosing the hotel. There wasn’t much adult entertainment in the day despite there being a board advertising all the things that would be going on! I can’t speak for the evenings as we were in our rooms after the kids disco. The disco was great fun for everyone.

There were a few Thomas Cook staff holidaying here and then a group of high Thomas Cook performers arrived so I wasn’t surprised to learn that this is one of Thomas cooks best sellers. Apart from the late opening The Dome is a wonderful hotel and with a bit of tweaking to the menu choice in the restaurants it could be even better.

Room Tip: Family rooms do not have partioning
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

just returned from a two week stay in cyprus we booked two weeks at the dome beach but were told the day before we travelled that the hotel wasn't ready and were move to the constatinos the great in potaras which turned out to be a very nice hotel with loverly food although not very child freindly . after a week we were moved to the Dome beach big mistake should have stayed where we where ! the hotel public spaces and the rooms are very nice the children's pool is loverly but the rest of the hotel isn't finished and the food was awfull. it did get better when 2 bus loads of thomas cook travel agents turnedup! but returned to being awful when they were out being entertained at other hotels. on the night that the Agents were being entertained at the dome with a live band and waiter service the paying guests had to drink out of plastic glasses and suffer awfull food. the hotel is also in a bad location taxies costing a small fortune to seek out any entertainment. although the childrens entertainment team did try there best. theres no wonder the travel agents rave about hotels they have been to they aren't treated like paying guests they are treated like visiting royal's . there are two beach just off this hotel one belonging to the hotel with cheap uncofortable sunbeds and graining hard sand the other beach is loverly but you have to pay for the use of sunbeds. on the whole we had a great holiday but wouldn't recommed the dome beach hotel

Birmingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Well where do I start? Just returned from a week at The Dome Beach hotel, which is being refurbished but the refurb not complete! I only booked a week before my stay and wanted a hotel with a room with a private pool as I have ill health and was travelling with my teenage daughter, so needed a room so on my 'bad' days i could rest in apartment and she could still be around a pool with me nearby. I had the choice of four hotels when looking to book the break and on recommendation I chose this hotel and when booked at the Travel agents i was reassured a junior suite with private pool was available.
When I arrived reception did not inform me of my room not being available and it was not till i got to my room that i could see i was on the 1st floor with no pool! When i went back to reception they said the room was not finished and phoned the Thomas rep for me to speak to, who explained there was a 3 week delay on the room, so why i asked was the room available on the sysyem when i booked at travel agents. I was utterly disappointed especially as i'd chosen this hotel out of four possibilities! the difference was refunded plus abit extra for compensation!
The room I got was a family room which by the way as described on the website doesnot have a sliding partition dividing it into 2 rooms.To make matters worse we were opposite 3 rooms occupied by a russian family from hell, who consisted of a father and 3 mothers with at least 8 children (I lost count)! Every morning at 7am they opened their doors to their rooms and the children ran up and down the landing screaming, banging doors and being down right rude. This continued into the dining room!
The rooms were refurbed in lovely pink and white although how long the quilted bed throws will stay white remains to be seen.
The food was awful and very limited especially as when we arrived it was only quarter full. I read a review about the desserts to die for, but ours consisted of red jelly or creme caramel and in the evening the same with maybe a cheesecake or gateau added. You could eat outside or in but when you fancied eating in you were ordered outside but there didn't seem to be any hard fast rule as the resturant manager changed his mind each day as to where you could eat. There was no ice cream available for children as described on web site.
The refurb continued as we lay round the swimming pool with drilling going on and workmen walking backwards and forwards as you sunbathed.
The health suite and fitness rooms were not finished and snooker room out of use!
Entertainment limited, aimed more at the children. If I was a 5 year old I'd have been very happy here apart from no ice-cream! the childrens reps worked very hard and got involved with all the families and tried their best.
The roof terrace looked as though it was going to be great with white rattan furniture and white cushions but sadly not open for us.
On the 3rd day we had a 100 or so Thomas cook 'A Performers' arrive, who were treated to a week in Cyprus! I thought Thomas cook were in trouble earlier in the year financially?! Well any way they had priority treatment with an outside resturant dressed up as if a wedding was taking place and a lovely abundance of food1 they were also provided with outside entertainment laid on especially. shame the hotel couldn't lay something on for us. They were take out the other nights obviously the hotel entertainment wasn't good enough for then. How can they recommend the hotel if they don't experience it as a normal guest. They would return early hours of the morning shouting and being very loud not giving a thought to the rest of us. When they lounged round the pool in the day when not being taken out we had to listen to their antics from the night before for all to hear including describing in detail using swear words. Not a good advert for Thomas cook! Thought I'd swopped to a 18 - 30 hotel!
Anyway enough of my moanin and I was the only one moaning, I hope if you are visiting this hotel the refurb has finished and the food improves. I just wish when i only booked a week before I knew of all this, especially as this was my last holiday before going back onto chemotheraphy for the 3rd time. Many thanks to Jonny the TC rep who sorted out my refund. It wasn't his fault but took the brunt of it!

Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

i agree with most of the other reviews but i had a really good time at this hotel the food was really good and staff would do anything for you. pools arent the biggest and the beach isnt the best but just around the corner there is a perfect beach which is to die for its called macronissis beach wasnt to busy and soft sand and beatiful sea cant beat it but i would not worry about it being dated because i would go back in a second BUT A ITS BIT TO PRICEY NOW.

Room Tip: sea view all the way
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Dome Beach Hotel & Resort PAI? Share your experiences!