“Great hotel, amazing wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Adams Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nissi Avenue, Ayia Napa 5340, Cyprus   |
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, amazing wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Both myself and my then fiancée stayed at this hotel from 13-27 of June for our wedding.
Arrival and check in
The reception is beautiful, the check in took a long time and we found the staff behind the desk fairly rude and did not smile much... First impressions...

Rooms
The rooms are basic and we were upgrade with ours so it was a nice view overlooking the hotel and a partial view of the sea which was nice. Overall rooms are nice.

Wedding
Our wedding was amazing. We had it in the gardens and loved this as it was more enclosed and private! Katarina the wedding coordinator was in one word - incredible- she did everything we asked to perfection, accommodated our 30 guests and made sure everything was right for our special day. Most of all though she made me feel like a princess on the day.
The hair dresser within the hotel is wonderful , my hair was perfect and she was so lovely and friendly!! Made the morning of my wedding perfect getting ready with my mum Nanna and sister.
The wedding food was Unbelieveable and we couldn't have asked for more. The Dj was great throughout and got us all dancing.
The service on the day was fabulous and we just want to thank them all for this!!
Perfect wedding thank you!!

Well, the service was hit and miss... The valentines bar service was absolutely fantastic!!! We would finish our night in there every night!!! Drinking baileys...expensive but worth it for the service!!
... Glass house restaurant...
Oh my goodness this is one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten in and you have the most spectacular service in there. On average with starter main each and a desert to share with a bottle of wine you would be looking at €120 but my god it was well worth the money... Do it!! You won't be disappointed!! Nicolo is one of the best servers ever and he was just brilliant along with Jessica too!!! Please visit this restaurant.

Bell boys/ door staff
I don't want to dwell on this as it was a great holiday but it has to be said.
There was a bell boy who was very very rude to my husband.. Basically my family came to give us deposits for the waterpark the day after the wedding and parked tucked in but at the entrance to the hotel... They were there for no more than 5-10 mins when a bell boy came out and demanded we move. My father who had just spend thousands in the hotel was shocked to hear this and moved straight away. We said our goodbyes and they went back to their villas. On our way back in my husband said to the man please could you have a little more curtousy with our family in future and started walking away when the man pulled him back and pushed him on the shoulder, got up in his face and said "you're not allowed to park there" in a very raised voice. My husband saw red here but he was calm and walked off to avoid any further dispute. An hour later we went to see the manager and he offered us a bottle of red wine which is a hotel brand... We were not impressed. An apology would hve been better.

Anyway.. Enough of the one bad thing. The hotel is beautiful. You will have a walk ino ayia napa centre it's about a 40 min walk.. Wear flats!!! Nice to go for a few drinks down there.

You must visit our friends over in the gardens restaurant and bar!!

And when going for a taxi... Ask for Marcos!!! He's fantastic!!

Great hotel would go back again.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have been to this hotel 6 times and I will continue to go year after year. The staff are absolutely fantastic and cannot do enough for you. How anyone can complain about Adams beach is beyond me, because it is a lovely place to spend your holidays. The food is fantastic, and would recommend you book half board, because you will not be disappointed.The location is gorgeous, its right on Nissi Beach, and the pool area is lovely, my son loves the pools and the small lazy river and the animation team are great with the kids.

There are a lot of Russian and Scandinavians there, and they can be rude when it comes to queing in the restaurant, but that's just one of those things we brits hate, and you kind of accept, but that wouldn't put me off going, because its so relaxing there and the people there are lovely. Ignore the negative feedback, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
co, tyrone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

lovely hotel, clean an well priced, bit mental at breakfast time, but worth the wait, beds are very heard! but the rooms are good, clean towels every day, an beach towles also, nice wee walk to beach an water sports, good shop an bar staff lovely, 5 pools an slid, good for familys, but would be hard to keep an eye on toddlers!! loads off things to do during the day. an at nite only E1 on the bus to town,, road buggys for hair near by, for 80E a day, good fun, plus they drive on the same side as us! i would tell a friend to stay here! an the weather was 32", great for the sunbathing!

Room Tip: air con in all bedrooms, we were on the 1st floor facen the side view off the hotel an it was quiet,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My Wife and I booked the majority of the holiday through Thomson, and then upgraded to the Deluxe Wing of the hotel via email directly with the hotel reservations team. Although not cheap, it is well worth the money if you are looking for a bit of luxury, and an escape from under 18's (as the wing is adults only). We upgraded to a super deluxe beach front room, and requested a room on the top floor to ensure a good view - and we got it.
The room was luxurious with everything you could ask for, and a balcony that is just huge with great views.
The pool designated to the deluxe wing is a haven from the busy main pool areas that are popular with families - the main pool areas are still very nice though. Friendly staff kept the pool, garden and public areas clean and tidy, and waitresses were constantly on hand to serve drinks to you (but not in your face). The deluxe wing pool was never busy, so no fighting over sun loungers. The private beach however did get quite busy, but providing you get up at a reasonable time you should get sun loungers quite easily. We preferred the private beach to Nissi beach, as Nissi beach seemed crammed with sun beds.
We had breakfast every morning, and there was a huge selection of food - how anyone can complain is beyond me. No queues and friendly staff made it a nice experience.
As we were only on a B&B rate, we had lunch either out, or in the beach front restaurant of the hotel. Initially we thought the beach front restaurant reasonably expensive, however the service was great and portions huge. We ended up sharing a meal most days as they were so big.
We ate out every night, and were delighted to find a huge range of restaurants within walking distance. Atlas Italian restaurant may not look really fancy like a few other restaurants, but the food, service and price is excellent. It is easy to see why it is ranked so highly on Trip Advisor. Yo-Thai was our second favourite restaurant that we found.
A bus stop is opposite the hotel, and for 1 Euro will take you wherever you want. We used this service a lot to get to Ayia Napa when we didn't fancy the 50 minute walk, although the walk was nice, especially in the cooler evenings.
So overall experience was excellent. No problems with staff at all - very helpful and friendly, majority of customers were Russian but don't see why this should be a negative. Extremely glad we upgraded, as we felt we got the 5* holiday we expected.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Deluxe Wing - and ideally go for a super deluxe beach front on a high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at Adams beach hotel from the 19th Sept to 29th Sept 2012.. Everything about this holiday & hotel was superb.. The staff were really friendly & went out of their way to help us if needed.. All staff were excellent & very professional in the way they went about their jobs & took pride in how they worked, which is a very rare trait in this day & age.. The hotel management were always pro-active & were very interactive with us.. The hotel manager was a really nice & friendly man & always had time to speak to us & made us feel very welcome.. The breakfast was excellent due to the vast amount of variety they offered.. Hotel location was fantastic with its own little beach & just a stones throw from Nissi beach.. I would recommend this hotel to anybody & you can make your own mind up of whether you like it or not.. There are some bad reviews on this site but everybody has their own ideals of how a holiday should be & I would say do not go off the bad reviews because everybody has their own opinion. We would definitely go back to this place & probably will do next year for my friends wedding.. Thank you Adams beach hotel for your hospitality.. Room 208.. Mr J Kinsey & Ms M Milek...Ps the Glass house restaurant is amazing...

• Stayed September 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just returned from holiday at the adams beach, and it was just out of this world.
All the staff were very helpfull and polite.
Just to let readers know,if you want to go on any trips l suggest you go in to Ayia Napa to book your trips instead of booking through your travel agent as you save a lot of money doing it this way.I only wish that someone had put this comment before l had booked through Thomsons.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony over looking the view of the sea.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Firstly I think it important for you the readers of this to understand that I never leave reviews but this places has driven me to it. I have just returned today with my partner and 2 year old daughter from a 10 night stay at this hotel. We we’re at a family wedding and decided we wanted to stay in a 5 star hotel whilst attending, we paid just shy of £2500.00 for the holiday on a B & B basis, on arrival it was demanded that I pay 100Euro deposit for a credit facility, I explained this wasn’t required although the receptionist was very demanding..... Now I’ve stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels in my years of travel and never before have I been asked to leave a deposit for a credit facility (maybe this is just me) I was told a separate deposit for the safe would be needed! I was not going to be handing over money within 2 minutes for entering a 5 star hotel for nothing, so spoke with the duty manager and after some irate conversation it was waivered!! Now the hotel is full of Russians and I mean over flowing with them, they do keep themselves t to themselves and are no problem apart form they run over and pull their kids away from yours as soon as they establish eye contact! The breakfasts are 2 star at best and the staff clearly don’t want to be there, I asked 1 of them for a high chair for my daughter and she just walked of, I chased her and asked again and she said they don’t have any, I could see around 4 standing at the side and I pointed these out – she replied get 1 then, so I did and when I was taking 1 a manager screamed at me and told me to leave it where it was, very confused at this point I took it anyway and complained at the reception, which went in 1 ear and out of the other! This was the only time we took advantage of the breakfast! If you do go DO NOT use the pool, its foul, I mean disgustingly foul, the water is salty and with all kinds of rubbish floating in it, thick dirt all over the tiles with scum marks everywhere, that’s not the worst part, the “pool bar pool” floor is in pieces I cut my foot on it, the floor is crumbling, you can pull chunks up!! I told the duty manager about the cut on my foot and his reply was “here I will get a plaster Im busy”. Now if we weren’t there for a wedding I would have checked out and booked another hotel, we decided to split our days on the beach and at our family and friends hotels, Nissi Beach hotel is great staff are amazing, The Nissiana is basic but clean and safe and the best 1 we thought was Electra Viliage, around a 10 minute walk from Nissi Bay but the food is great and I enjoyed the onsite water park more than the kids. My honest opinion is stay clear, the rooms ar gross and very dated, food is 2nd rate, its not safe, the staff are pathetic and the Russians god they love a photo!!!!

Room Tip: Look at any other hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Adams Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!