“Great Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Ayia Napa B&B and Inns
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“Great Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I really disagree with all the bad reviews. Our stay here was great. Our apartment was spacious and clean with a big balcony. The location was perfect as the main party square is a minute down the hill, the beach is a 10-15minute walk, but its literally just a straight line down the strip of nice restaurants. The staff was lovely, always willing to help and always friendly.The pool area was pretty average but still alright, there was music played everyday and a bar area, but we just went down the beach everyday. The shower did leak and there were a lot of ants, but they were tiny and weren't really a problem.The room got cleaned everyday, with fresh towels and bedding.
I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay again. For how cheap it is, what more do you expect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
skem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

just got back from a maos apartments, so i thought i would write a review because there seems to be very little real info on this place.
THE ROOMS - the rooms would be a reasonable standard for a 1 or at a push a cheap 2 star hotel / apartments , but the place has many infestations , in our room we had a cockroach nest behind the built in wardrobe , when i told the person on reception their reply was welcome to cyprus , so i blocked up the hole they were coming through with toilet paper. there were also ants everywere. the bathroom flooded everytime you try to have a shower , and the shower was rubbish too.
THE POOL - the pool is disgusting , the water is not pumped / filtered at all , they just pour more chemicals in everytime the smell of urine gets a bit too much. you are literally risking your health if you are crazy enough to go into it. the sun loungers are either broken or filthy or filthy and broken.
THE STAFF - the staff are all quite nice to be honest , they know the hotel is a dump , but they refuse to take any responsibility because you got a cheap holiday.
THE AREA - well the apartments are on top of the steepest hill in ayia napa , a 15 minute walk uphill from the main resort centre , there are 3 18 - 30's apartments next door , and a strip club / brothel 20 yards away if your feeling horny.
i dont know what drugs the people who gave this place 3 stars were taking, but they must have been good.
i cant believe that thomas cook rated this place a 3 star they should be held responsible
they are mis selling this place to everyone and its not fair

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here with 5 friends, we weren't expecting luxury but this was beyond a joke. We arrived at 5.30pm and one of the room wasn't ready, how that is possible I will never know when you are made to check out at 12. The rooms were filthy, your feet were black within 2 steps if you had no shoes on. The kitchen area was dirty along with the bathroom. You had to pay 60euro for air con, which ended up dying on us. The air con system must have been filthy because the girls in my room, including myself were so ill, and still am after being home 2 days. The shower was either freezing or scolding hot. It says it is a 3 person room but that is a lie, there are two beds and one camp bed which collapses when you move on it, and I'm 8.5st so I am not a heavy girl. Our towels were only changed when we requested them and they pulled their face at that.Service wasn't good, there was no one at reception and on the odd occasion there was they were not helpful and miserable. People may blame the fact its because they get annoyed with tourists but I am sorry, find another job because at the end of the day by us being paying customers we pay their bills. The pool wasn't clean, always had bits floating around in it and I can safely say I never saw anyone cleaning it. I am all for a mental holiday but the walls were paper thin, you could hear next doors conversations. Apparently we had been told that jumping in the pool at night would result in a 50euro fine (which we wasn't) and on our last night I jumped in, and the man who runs the bar at night walked up to me and hit me around the head. Yet, we had heard people jumping in the pool every night at all hours, but they were guys so obviously he wouldn't start with them, just little girls!!! We hadn't caused any trouble throughout our stay and was shocked by his behavior. We didn't phone the police as they would probably side with him because he was Cyprian, plus our guys friends made sure he got a telling off. I had a fab time in Ayia Napa but I literally wanted to come home because of these apartments! We paid for 7 days air con and the sneaky people turn it off around 6am so your trying to pack in a room like a sweat box!!!! The whole thing was a joke and I suggest never to go to this place cause it will literally make you want to die inside! And girls stay away because if you do decide to do anything the bar man doesn't like he will hit you!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with 5 friends last week. There was never anyone at the reception to help with anything. When we got to the rooms they were dirty, underneath the beds looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a long time! 1 bed in each room was a camp bed which fell apart on several occasions. The pool had a massive volleyball net in which was annoying. The night bar man hit one of my friends for bombing in the pool. Overall the experience was horrible. I would NEVER recommend to stay here unless you are only using it as somewhere to pass out.

Room Tip: One with proper beds, rather than pop up camp beds
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I travelled to Amaos hotel with 5 friends on July 31st 2013 for 1 week, and it is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! I have stayed in other basic 3 star hotels with Escapades which have been fine, but this hotel does not deserve to be awarded 3 stars.

We stayed in rooms 1 and 7 and both rooms were disgusting. When we arrived the bed sheets were dirty and stained and had clearly not been changed since the previous guests had left. We immediately complained to our rep who said the previous guests had only left 2 hours ago and therefore the maids had not had chance to clean the room. After the first night I woke up covered in bites and after visiting the chemist was told they were off bed bugs! The maid only visited our room once during my stay and just left some folded up clean sheets so we had to make up our own beds! You have to go down to reception and ask for a clean towel.

The rooms stunk of foist and damp which was mainly coming from the wardrobe and therefore we had to live out of our suitcases for the week. The floors were dirty, the hob in the 'kitchen' area was constantly hot in both rooms even when turned off which is obviously dangerous! As you can see from my photos the bathroom was filthy, there was mould everywhere and the bath looked like it had never been cleaned, as well as rarely having any hot water for a shower.

The pool was always dirty as are the sun loungers and nearly all of the parasols are broken. The staff are all miserable and unfriendly. You have to pay 63 euro per week for air con and I would advise hiding your money somewhere in your room rather than using the safes at reception.

The brochure and website state that you get free entrance to river reggae club when you stay at this hotel but you don't! The hotel is also 2 doors down from a brothel! The only good thing is that its only a 2 minute walk to the strip.

Ayia Napa is great for a young persons holiday the strip is great with some good clubs like Castles, Carwash, River Reggae and I would recommend the boat parties and Nissi Beach is lovely.

Ive been on loads of 18-30 holidays so I wasn't expecting 5 star luxury but this hotel is filthy! Pay a little bit more money for a nicer hotel it will be worth it!

Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The worst hotel I have ever been to. I didn't want a nice hotel because it was a lads holiday and most of the time was not really spent there. The place has a pool which shouldnt be classed as a pool, they have 2-3 workers there. When we went in the guy warned us that locals will break in so keep your valuables in our £60 euro a week safe,,, Stairs were always wet with no safety signs so i basically fell on my but 2-3 times. SOOOO LUCKY that my mates went at the same time so we stayed on a Lilo in there room for the whole week. To top it off there was a broken Air Con unit, which the owner convinced himself worked even though when he tried it it didnt. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Dont touch a single one of them.
Stafford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

For a lads holiday it was just about okay. The rooms are barely apartments but more like dorms, only used for sleeping and recovering from hangovers the next day. The fridge in the room was the only consistent thing in there as it was good to keep drinks icy cold all week, but apart from that everything was pretty shoddy. The beds were dreadful, the shower was pretty poor, the ants were a pain and you had to pay for aircon.

however, the pool was quite nice and the hotels location was only 2mins away from the main strip and 30secs from somewhere to get a cooked meal for around 6 euro and english breakfast for 4.80 (Palomas) which was really good and the owner at that place is a legend.

we traveled with escapedes and the reps at the hotel were a massive pain who consistently kept pestering to buy stuff, 260 euro for the whole week of things such as foam party, house music night and boat party. The boat party was actually pretty decent for 50 euro as it was unlimited free bar for 3.5 hours so i would recommend it over the fantasy boat party. i would tell the reps to leave as soon as you arrive and tell them you are not interested as it is possible to have an equally messy and epic night but without the high prices that the reps offer.

Nissi beach was only a short taxi ride for 2 euro each between 6 of us and the beach/sea there is great. i would not recomend the water park as it was definitely not worth 35 euro as that money would be better spent in the night on drinks and club entry.

The nightlife itself was amazing with many bars offering deals such as unlimited bar for the hour for just 10 euro and most of the main clubs were 10 euro to get in. If you go with a larger group you may even be able to get a better deal if you drive a hard bargain with the many PR's outside on the strip.

To conclude the hotel just what a group of 8 rowdy lads needed to get wasted at night, try to pull girls and sleep off in the daytime. however do not break anything or annoy the manager as the price for damaging things is extortionate - 200 euro for a headboard!

Room Tip: try to get one facing the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Amaos Rooms? Share your experiences!