“So bad that is is hilarious.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of River Reggae Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ayia Napa
River Reggae Apartments
You added River Reggae Apartments to your Saves list
Ayia Napa, Cyprus   |
Ranked #91 of 103 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Ireland
“So bad that is is hilarious.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

So if you have seen the "Inbetweeners Movie" and you remember their hotel , do not worry this hotel is not like that.
It's bloody worse! lol!
What I will say is when I saw these reviews before I went ... I was in tears. I am the kind of person who freaks out and gets stressed about everything and did not expect to enjoy this holiday ... oh was I wrong!
YOU ARE IN AYIA NAPA! You are there to get drunk and go mad , not chill in a luxury hotel room and drink champagne.
Of the hotel yes it is disgusting and basic! It is just a place to shower and sleep if you ask me! And drink of course. This hotel is good if you are loud or a bit mad because basically there are no rules and you can do what you want all night.
They are absolute money grabbers! I nick named the guy at reception 'the hawk' LMAO because it seemed to me he just flitted about the place using his hawk like eyes to find reason to charge people , we ignored him for the most part although I did give him 40 euros for drawing on the room of the boy's we came on holidays with door with nail polish just to shut him up. They also tried to charge the lads we were with 10 euro for each flag they had hanging out side of their room LOL
Okay so in short the hotel is terrible but what do you expect? It is usable and shouldn't be a problem if you are there for a mad time. Me and my friends left it in worse state that it was and we just ended up finding it hilarious that we ended up booking this place.
Oh and word of warning ... do not drop a vodka bottle from your balcony unless you want these big and crazy security guards to shout at you. I had the best holiday ever! I went with two girls who I shared a room with and three lads in the room next door and it was the best week of my life , I'll be back (just not to this hotel aha)

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked this hotel last minute and after reading the reviews we were a bit concerned. The rooms weren't the best but we didn't pay very much so what can you expect! the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The maids came twice to our room during the week we stayed. All in all we had an AMAZING holiday will be going back! would probably stay in this hotel again too as its where the after party is and everyone was a great laugh. We had no problems with our stay here!
TIP: Do not listen to the reps when they tell you to get an 8 euro taxi to the waterpark or nissi beach!!!! you can get the bus for 1 euro. No idea why they dont tell you this.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

So.. me and 3 girls stayed here august 29th-september 6th and yeah at first we HATED the rooms, but once you realise your on an 18-30s and you hardly spend anytime in the rooms you get used to it! the reps were so nice, i would recommend booking the events. we did it and they were amazing! we met the nicest group of people in our hotel aswell, which made the week even better.. can honestly say i will be going back to napa next year!!

Sidmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a week in late August 2012. On entering our room we were greeted with a tile floor broken into what resembled a rather large jigsaw puzzle covered in ants. The shower area was flooded the shower curtain broken and the showerhead itself sprayed water in every direction possible. The beds were also in a poor state with blood stains and god knows what else on them. The hob in the room didn't work so bang goes the self catering option. The air conditioning was an extra 11euro per night, but was only in one room and didn't seem to work. Our balcony was covered in broken glass which my friend cut his foot on. On the plus side the fridge worked! The staff at the hotel are OK, although they don't seem to pass on your concerns to their manager regarding the repairs needed to the aforementioned items. I must thank the staff for one thing though,they did arrange an ambulance for me to the hospital when I suffered from heat stroke. The location of the hotel is OK it can get a bit noisy with the club downstairs and the other guests playing music all night, but generally it's OK (5 minutes to the main strip and 10-15 minutes to the nearest beach). I don't reccomend the pool at the hotel but there are plenty others around that look much better and also the beach.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

right first things first your booking an 18-30 hotel its not going to be the cleanest me and the 3 other girls wasn't happy with our apartment but when your out every day and night its fine ayia napa was brilliant, the reps were amazing with us and we met some great people definitely a good place to vist for the after party open till 8am is brill and the vibe is top dont listen to really bad reviews because a few ants and loud music for a couple of days is nothing MAN UP! river reggea was class :)

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Just back from a week long stay here and like anyone else the reviews was a concern but COME ON GUYS........man up........this was thee best time of my entire life and would go back again tommorrow in an instant.....even went to our friends staying in pambos magic and there room made ours look like a 5star.......yeah the rooms are basic but if your going on a 18-30s holiday who cares...we spent an hour at most in them.....they were cleaned every other day and everything you needed was there.....air con is a def must and ours worked perfectly...was like walking into a freezer......the after party is awesome and was in the pool every single night until about half8 the next morning without catching one thing....its 5min walk from the main strip and 20mins walk from nissi beach..def a hotel to meet loads of new people as ive made numerous new friends.....definitely be heading back here......had the best holiday of a lifetime....18-30 ROCKS \m/

Room Tip: Demand a top floor balcony room
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here one night and thank god we moved the first day! DISGUSTING and the people on the reception are bloody rude as hell, we found the cypriats every where else happy to help sept these to dodgey rude vile people. Lost a key and wanted 93 euros even though we got robbed what they knew about, when we said we had no money the threatned to call the police even though the ploice knew we had got robbed then said ok we cant give your passports back. Luckly we got them back after scrounging our only money we did have left. Me and my friend dont mind a noisy atmosphere as we are probly one of the loudest people ever, but the people are so rude and what we payed for this apartment is a disgrace, its filthy and nearly had a gas leak on the hob. We didnt expect luxury as 18-30's but this was worse than a hostel. Dont book with 18-30's go down on the strip you get things cheaper!

After we moved hotel we had an amazing time in ayia napa, so messy! DEFO go back next year! I reccomend EFI not River Reggae, river reggae is only good for the after party other than that dont stay here what so ever!

Room Tip: just dont go here go some where else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to River Reggae Apartments? Share your experiences!