We had a great holiday at the Vale do Lobo. We had booked an appartment but on arrival we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa with roof terrace, sun deck and jacuzzi overlooking the golf course which is more than we could ever have wished for! I have never stayed somewhere so spacious and luxurious! The beach was quite far from our Villa so we had to order one of the Vale do Lobo minibuses to take us there and pick us up. The beach quite busy but nice and the water is warm. The restaurants at the Vale do Lobo are great. We played tennis a few times although this did get booked up during the most popular times (early morning/evening) so a couple of times we tried to play in the midday heat which probably wasn't the best idea. The most disappointing things were the gym, which lacked any good equipment and the fact that the supermarket shop on the resort was quite expensive and did not have a very varied range of food so you were limited to what you could buy if you did not eat out at a restaurant. We went as a couple but I think the Vale do Lobo would be great for families with young kids as well as there are many different activities they can get involved with. We hired a car one day to explore the Algarve and took a couple of recommendations from the staff at reception as to where we should drive to and I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the general area, it was very built up and touristy, so after that exploratory trip we stayed in the resort for the rest of the week which was much more relaxing and pleasant. I am sure there are nice places in the Algarve to visit but we just didn't find them. Therefore, if you are looking for a luxurious break, you like sports and beach activities, nice food and general luxury, I would recommend the Vale do Lobo but it is probably not the best place to get a real sense of Portugal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vale do Lobo Golf & Beach Resort offers a unique concept in luxury living. 1,500 residential and holiday properties, makes it the largest luxury resort of its kind in Portugal with endless facilities and services in a unique location in the Algarve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Vale do Lobo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Do Lobo Hotel Almancil
- Vale Lobo Hotel
- Vale Do Lobo Resort Portugal/Algarve - Almancil