“A missed opportunity, I'll not miss it again” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“A missed opportunity, I'll not miss it again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

During my many visits to Quinta do Lago I have, to my great regret, eaten at Casa Pituxa, my mistake, I will certainly go back. It fronts a quiet lane about 75 metres on from Iberico. It is spacious and colourful but for us, it's great attraction was the flagged terrace to the rear overlooking it's garden and land. It was lovely to sit cooled by a gentle breeze. I believe it is a family affair, they all clearly treasure their restaurant. Both food and wines were really very good, I had a grilled sole as my main course, probably one of the best I have had. We had a delightful evening, carefully looked after.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“fab food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

well what can i say back again this year and i have put on 8lb so thank you fatima and jimes for the once again excellent food i will now have to take up swimming to get this weight off. the food is so good i have to eat everything on the plate even when i am full thank you for my wonderfull meals and service that you provided see you next year

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pilar de la Horadada, Spain
“We had to go back the same week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We just had a week's short break at the Vilar do Golf with two friends before returning home to Spain and wanted to try a Portuguese family run restaurant. Well we made the right choice! Slightly hidden away but as soon as we entered the door it was obvious that this is a popular restaurant visited frequently by local expat residents. Lovely, intimate atmosphere and lots of choice on the menu. Every dish we had was superb, well cooked and presented by Jaime and our waitress Magdalena was friendly and attentive. When the bill came we thought it was very good value for money and were just commenting that we must come back when we were presented with a card for a free bottle of wine if we did. That clinched it! We returned a couple of days later to try something different on the menu and were equally pleased with the experience. We will visit our neighbours in Portugal again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chesham, United Kingdom
“A real family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been going to the Algarve for over 30 years now!! since I found this lovely family owned restaurant between Vale Do Lobo and Quinta do Lago I have visited it every time I go to the Algarve. Jamie and Fatima offer good fresh produce in a family atmosphere. Sitting on the terrace overlooking the garden having a nice cold glass of wine and enjoying the great fish served by Jamie, going back in July and will certainly be visiting them again.

• Visited June 2012
herts
“little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Six of us ate here on a friday night it is a popular place with quite a few regulars,judging by the way the owners were being enthusiasticly greeted by many diners,now i have eaten there i know why they go back,very good food cooked to order,lots of fresh fish and a really good wine list.We all enjoyed our food and will be back soon.

• Visited April 2013