“A fabulous evening at Parrilla Natural” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parrilla Natural

Parrilla Natural
EN527, Encosta do Lobo, 8135-855 | Between Vale do Lobo and Almancil, Almancil 8135 , Portugal
351 289 350 040
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 128 Restaurants in Almancil
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
London
“A fabulous evening at Parrilla Natural”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I love steaks and smart restaurants so this was an easy choice. What with being in full-on holiday mode I was lazy with the reservation, but luckily managed to get a decent table for my family on the veranda at only a few hours notice. This is just off the main dining patio (as warned by the reservations team) which concerned us, but on arrival it turned out fine with a nice view over the patio.

Service was friendly, efficient and attentive - we were looked after brilliantly by our waitress for the entire meal.

The setting is just superb and as the drinks flow and the sun sets the atmosphere is exactly what I'm looking for in a special holiday meal - everyone having a great time in opulent surroundings.

The food is very good. This is a steakhouse, so set your expectations accordingly and you will be pleased with the meal. Everything we ordered was nicely cooked and presented - there is nothing overtly flashy or 'gourmet' about the cooking or presentation, it's just all done very nicely. For me, most importantly, the steaks are great - really nice beef cooked perfectly. The sides are good but the portions are a bit stingy, especially the fries which come in a dish better suited for serving a few olives.

The mixed salad was very nicely presented with a good selection of crisp vegetables, but my wife was disappointed that it had been dressed such that it had a very strong olive flavour. And I mean strong. The whole salad tasted of olives. This was the only black mark on the food though, and clearly a matter of personal taste.

Value-wise, I was very tempted to knock this down to a four-star review, but we had such a nice evening that I just couldn't do it. Yes it is pricey, 3.5 euros for a thimble-full of chimichurri being a prime example, but it's such a nice place that it's worth it. We paid 240 euros which provided an excellent couvert for 4, starters/mains for 2 adults, mains/desserts for 2 children, aperitifs, a bottle of red and 6 cocktails.

It's a smart place, but also great for the family - the kids menu has their favourites - spag bol for our kids, which was as good a bolognese sauce as I've tasted in a restaurant. Ice cream was delicious - really rich and creamy (can you tell I eat my kids leftovers?). Best of all they have a really nice, enclosed play area off the main dining patio. Our kids played there quite happily for nearly an hour after the meal had finished, allowing us to adjourn to the cocktail bar in the centre of the patio to soak up the atmosphere and a few mojitos.

All in all a fab evening, if you don't mind paying 200 quid to take your family out for steak and chips :)

Visited July 2013

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Highlight of holiday .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

From the minute you walk in its a wow moment . Excellent food and wine and very helpful waiters. The beef pasties to start are fantastic. The steak is cooked to perfection . A must visit on any visit to Quinta.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Magical family evening out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Friends recommended Parrilla Natural to us. They come here every time they visit the Algarve. We brought the family on the last night of our holiday and now I can see why. The setting was magical. We arrived at 7 pm and watched as the sun set over the pines and the orange lamps of the restaurant glowed against the palm trees. Children and adults enjoyed the evening as much as each other. The staff were all gracious and helpful, from making the booking to wrapping blankets around us at the night grew cooler. Wonderful cocktails, delicious steaks and Tripadvisor was quite right: about €100 for 2 (or €300 for 6) for main courses, drinks and puddings. It was not much more expensive than Vilamoura Marina, but made it an infinitely more glamorous and special occasion. If we come back to the area, we'll definitely come back here.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inconsistent standards!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Firstly this is a very beautiful restaurant and on the whole very good. The first night we went there we had a really great time and the head waiter Bruno was very attentive. This made us return on a second night. We had a different waiter and the waitress was hopeless. Several times I told them how I liked my steak and how they cooked it the first night which was great but this waiter insisted on what was best for me. The stake was burnt and covered in salt, not nice! The waitress just did not know what she was doing and was completely in another world. Shame as the first night was so good and place is amazing! If you go talk to Bruno and you won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“My all time favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I honestly can't recommend this restaurant enough.

I have been going to Portugal for a few years now and a trip there isn't complete until I have visited this restaurant.

The food, atmosphere, service and setting are unbeatable in my view. I've eaten in the sister restaurant Gourmet Natural as well, that is an excellent restaurant also but Parrilla just has that little something extra.

The best steak I have ever eaten was served here, the best service i've ever experienced was also here. It is due to this that I will return every time I am in Portugal.

• Visited June 2013