“excellent well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 128 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: http://www.pai.pt/restaurante-japones-ichiban-almancil-8135-124/
“excellent well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

went to this restaurant on last night of our trip. It was very quiet on the night we tried and although it does not look up to much for the outside it was immaculately clean inside and an excellent dining experience. We do not really like sushi but had beef and chicken on the tapenyaki it was delicious and the chef was very entertaining. it is run by a young couple and is a hidden treasure well worth a visit. I will definitely return if I am ever in the area again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, England, United Kingdom
“A restaurant you HAVE to try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Simple put this is a gem of a restaurant which is honestly priced sushi with out all the ridiculous frills that normally accompanies it.

I go again and again to eat in or get take-away and have enjoyed some cracking long evenings there with friends made even better by the chef who puts on a great and interactive show whilst cooking various dishes.

A very sweet couple that run it and go as much as I can to support them.

Ultimately I have not been disappointed and neither have any of my friends that I have taken there and think that is the most important thing.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
UK
“Fresh fish and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Good Japanese restaurant. Worth going to. We went 2 nights during our 1 week holiday. I'm very fussy about freshness of the fish and this was good quality. If you like tapenyake this is a good place to go as well. It is a young couple who own the restaurant and the service is very friendly..oh and the beer is cold :-)

Lisbon, Portugal
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ichiban was recommended to me by a family friend. Having lived over here for most of my childhood life this is not a place I would go past and think 'oh that looks nice'. Having known about this restaurant for the past 3 months i think my family and I have been probably nearly 20 times. With fantastic value for money and lovely friendly service I can not recommend this place enough. I wish the lovely owners the best of luck - They thoroughly deserve it as they work so hard.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious food, really friendly service, great value. Sit at the teppanyaki table to see all the flourishes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The only drawback if our visit to Ichiban was that it was incredibly quiet the night we visited. However we still really enjoyed our meal and chatted to the very friendly proprietors. The food was all really delicious and authentic. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere