Prior to our visit -for a family holiday-we had booked an upgraded room. We were somewhat surprised to be told a few days before we went that we would be DOWNGRADED as building work was not completed, After remonstrating with the management we were then upgraded to a junior suite which was --although old fashioned-scrupulously clean and cleaned each day to a high standard.
We and our friends [a party of six-plus sons and daughters sharing a villa with the Grandchildren] absolutely were bowled over by the old world charm of everything Portuguese.
A family run hotel , lots of contact with the family who went out of their way to help us and our extended family.
We stopped on for several more days before trekking off to see friends in Sintra
Breakfast--simple divine and whilst we only had 3 evening meals in the week or so they were of high order
Go to the owner's reception--lovely touch and worthwhile contacts made
We'll go again and we are not golfers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Atlantic, located a mere 100 metres from the beach, and the proud owner of the renown San Lorenzo Golf Course, Dona Filipa Hotel welcomes all, with a touch of glamour and the essence of true quality and personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dona Filipa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dona Filipa And San Lorenzo Golf Resort
- Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Hotel Almancil
- Meridien Almancil
- Le Meridien Almancil
- Almancil Le Meridien
- Dona Filipa Hotel Portugal/Algarve - Almancil