“Trip to Alambique march 10th 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Walsall, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trip to Alambique march 10th 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Having looked around for a resaurant for the last night of our holiday to impress my friends I booked the Alambique and was hopeful of a good result.I need not have being concerned because the evening went like clockwork.My friends are not experienced upmarket restaurant visitors, they tend to see a meal as food only, and do not see any need to pay more than the basic cost of the food. They were greeted and seated most charmingly by a very polite young waiter.the first words from Susan who was my friends wife was will we need a mortgage to pay for the meal.I reassured her she would not, however everyone seemed a little apprehensive at first.We were given a complimentary glass of champange as a welcome apperative, and two of the group of seven ordered a sardine starter.Meantime the waitress appeared with an interim starter of sardines for the female members of the group and a melon and strawberry starter for members or the group who had ordered the official sardine starter,as I was one of the group who had not ordered a starter the waitress placed the intrem starter at my position, my friend who had ordered the official starter immediately pinched it off me thinking the waitress had made a mistake,she asked Charles why he had removed the plate and his answer was it must be mine because Peter had not ordered any starters.Hope you are still with me, I'll carry on,The waitress then explained to Charles that because he had ordered a sardine starter he would not be needing a complimentery intrim sardine starter starter, just a melon and strawberry interim pre starter, starter, the conversation continued between the waitress and Charles for some time untill he began to understand., I recognized that the charmingly vivacious waitress had used a little negative psychology to tease him delightfully, and in a jokingly way over the situation.However owing to a cold Charles was not sufficiently receptive to her delightful banter to realise he had been delightfully and cleverly reprimanded for being wrong, this.I found was very entertaining and the night went well from thereon.Food,service, and ambience were all excellent.Will return next year, hope it remains the same. Congratulations to all the staff for an excellent evening.PS it is not expensive. Peter from the West Midlands.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

norwich
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

we were welcomed on arrival with complimentary champagne and sat in front of the fire on a chilly evening and placed our order,we decided on only main courses and were pleasantly surprised to receive a lovely complimentary appetiser,our food was excellent as was the service and seemed good value for money, would definately go again.

Visited February 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
“Reliable but unremarkable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place seems to get some rave reviews and true it does have a dependable but rather uninspiring menu. This was our second visit , the first in the summer also being a little underwhelming. The staff are fine and theres nothing actually wrong with it but would I go back - probably not

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
wales
“gastronomical delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and i have just returned from a long weekend in the Algarve .This restaurant was recommended by the owner of a local beachside restaurant .We were in no way disappointed, from arrival on the red carpet to our dessert and departure our experience was 5star.Nothing was too much trouble, my husband not being able to decide on which sauce to accompany his steak was offered both .The food was excellent ,theres usually something to pick up on however small, but we couldn t find a negative .The staff are all efficient and courteous and we had a very warm welcome.The surroundings are both comfortable and elegant.We would go back without hesitation and recommend to our numerous friends that travel to this area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went to Alambique a few years ago and were looking forward to our next dining experience there. It was a wonderful surprise. The food was very good, staff was excellent. A nice Algarvian atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012