“Nice but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quinta Jacintina Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Almancil
Quinta Jacintina Hotel
You added Quinta Jacintina Hotel to your Saves list
Urb. Quinta Jacintina, Almancil 8135-025, Portugal   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Almancil
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Nice but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Pool had a few leaves in it but was quite nice. Rooms are very very nice and the fruit and port was a nice touch. No atmosphere and there was never anyone serving in the bar. The staff seemed a bit demoralised. None of the rooms have much of a view but our little terrace was ok. However, perhaps we were spoiled by staying at the nearby Formosa which has massive rooms and balconies with amazing views. We got a bucket of ice one night for our mini bar and it melted in 15 mins! The mini bar was nice but too dear really. I am glad i tried it but - it will be a one-off. Its back to the superior Formosa for us. Also - the SPA appears to be no longer functioning. It was a store room and a bit of a mess when we sneaked down for a look.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I stayed here during a 5 day escape from the UK and what an experience! I can not recommend this hideaway enough! The room was beautiful, bathroom utterly luxurious, facilities were perfect and I can not think of a reason not to return! Everyone we met were smiling, staff and visitors.

The venue itself is clearly admired by the locals, on mentioning where we stayed to people we met along our way, everyone commented on what a wonderful choice it was. I wouldn't hesitate to return or suggest a stay here. A wonderful retreat for all ages!

I can't thank Sally, Chris and the team enough for their hospitality!

Room Tip: We stayed in "Olivia" and found it to be perfectly located next to the pool with a little...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just returned from a week in this beautiful hotel and didn't want to leave. Lovely room, peaceful and immaculate surroundings but mostly was special as I was just made to feel so at home. All the staff are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble for anyone. I can not rate the spa experience as I did not indulge. Sounds like a good excuse to return. I will be back.

Room Tip: Please do not ask for room 7 as I would like it to be free for me at all times!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

It really did feel like a secret gem of a hotel - stunning exterior with sparkling pool and colourful, immaculate gardens, and then you step inside to the most beautiful, luxury interior which is as much cosy and welcoming as it is decadent.
The superb staff went above and beyond our expectations (a huge thank you to Sally, Chris and James)- nothing was too much trouble and there was always a friendly, warm welcome.
We stayed in the suite - I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for that extra-special trip that is simple unforgettable. I had the best night's sleep in months and nothing beats sitting in the hot tub on the private balcony, watching the sun go down.
A must stay for those looking for a holiday of luxury and pure relaxation.

Room Tip: Go for the suite, it is pure bliss!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is perfect - we had an absolutely lovely time here. Our room was excellent with lots of nice little touches to make it feel extra special and the rest of the hotel feels like a home away from home. Nancy and her team are so welcoming, friendly and can't do enough for you. Thank you for making our stay so memorable we can't wait to go back again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Its hard to know where to start, this Gem ticks every box!
We took the whole hotel over with a group of 21! (4 families, varying ages aged 14 - mid 50's ) The hotel's staff bent over backwards to meet all our need, of which there were many. !! the catering was 'spot on' and every taste bud was met. quite a feet with so many of us.
I can't rate this lovely quiet hotel highly enough, and I know that our complete group would agree. Not one grumble!!
I can not waite to find an excuss to return.

Room Tip: They were all lovely,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We has a fantastic stay here - friendly staff, lovely pool, comfy room, clean and pretty grounds.
Despite what other people say, it's perfectly easy to walk to the beach if you need to.

We had a wonderful massage in the Spa, I have the full words with a scrub, full body massage and facial. My husband had the Swedish massage and he loved it. Definitely worth it.

Go here, don't even think about going anywhere else in the Algarve!

Looks perfect for weddings too - I am very jealous I didn't think of this first... ;)

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and about the same size, although I think there is a bridal suite which is bigg...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almancil
Conrad Algarve
Vila Gale Praia
#2 of 162 in Albufeira
4.5 of 5 stars 415 reviews
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Quinta Jacintina Hotel? Share your experiences!