“Great food, good value” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 127 restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: "Set in a stunning 400 year old stable in Almancil in the Algarve, this charismatic restaurant is a popular dining destination for both locals and English speaking tourists. The dining room is set underneath a series of stunning original brick arches, and with its tiled floors and red tablecloths Vaults manages to mix its historic setting with a relaxed and contemporary Mediterranean vibe. Perfect for couples and families, the restaurant is renowned for its modern Euro menu, and we love the giant tiger prawns sautéed in garlic, white wine, lemon and coriander; the orange chilli chicken with white rice and julienne vegetables; and the lamb shank served with red cabbage and mash glazed with mint gravy. "
Vilamoura
“Great food, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Only ever been on a Wednesday curry night but have returned numerous times due to being a fantastic meal which is great value and good service

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Christmas Day lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a lovely lunch on Christmas Day. The service was very good and the food excellent. This is a very British establishment, the Sunday carvery is very popular as is their midweek curry night. Very good value for money, give Vaults a whirl, I think you will have a great time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northamptonshire
“Amazing, food, atmosphere & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

When we arrived, the power had gone out due to the flash rain. Seeing as we'd driven out we decided to have a drink & see if the electricity came back on. 20 minutes later the electricity came in & we enjoyed a delicious meal. It was a great evening & a perfect end to our short break.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“NOT GOING BACK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went to this restaurant in September after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor. Very disappointing. The prawns I had for my starter hadn't been de-veined so I spent the time trying to clean them before eating. Needless to say I didn't finish them. The sea bass I had was fine, the vegetables were awful, overcooked and inedible. My friend ordered steak. We did wonder what sort of animal it had come from as it didn't look like beef!! The service was fine and the restaurant was quite pleasant but that's the only reasonable thing I can say about this restaurant. The Sunday lunches & curry nights are meant to be good, perhaps they are worth trying.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Vaults restaurant, Almancil, Portugal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The restaurant was empty but it was late October. We ordered starters,main course and one dessert which were all very well cooked and presented. I particularly liked the inside of the restaurant as it was very unusual with brick arches and I am sure that when there are a lot of people in there the atmosphere would be extremely good. The staff were very attentive and I would visit the restaurant again in the future.

Visited October 2012