“Avoid "Art of Sushi" in Oslo” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Oslo, Norway
“Avoid "Art of Sushi" in Oslo”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is definetely the worst sushi I ever eat. Food is not eatable, can not be even called "sushi". It is probably the place where customers are being cheated.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Lovely atmosphere & delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Excellent fresh and innovative sushi menu. I eat here often. Very clean. Very Zen. Warm and friendly staff. Fresh feeling. It's a great place to eat at or order take out.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Asker, Norway
“Overpriced and low quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

I tried the Art of Sushi restaurant, but found the food totally overpriced. In addition, the fish tasted old and oily. I do not recommend this restaurant

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Excellent Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Wonderful sushi at this understated restaurant. You can eat inside or outside on the terrace (heaters on the terrace when it gets cool). Well-presented and tasty sushi and tempura. We went here because of a previous tripadvisor review and are very glad we did.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bucharest, Romania
“Best sushi I have ever experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I have traveled to Oslo over the week-end for a social event, but stayed however in Asker as I have some very good friends there (I stayed at Fjordhotel, which, by the way is a nice hotel in a lovely environment). Friday evening I was invited to have dinner at Art of Sushi. I must say that what I found there exceeded by far my expectations. The food is absolutely fantastic and the comments of the people around me ranged from "this is the best food I ever had" to "this food is almost better than sex". The head chef is a hidden gem and the sub-chefs are also fantastic. They all reminded me of a Duracel commercial with those bunnies which never stop...
Service is very friendly, with one of the owners doing everything from serving food, explaining what you eat (which is not always that obvious), pouring drinks and so on.
Too bad is so far away, otherwise I would definitely be a regular client (by the way, they also serve Thai food - amazing). Maybe they will replicate this in my hometown as well as there are very few options where you can and unfortunately all of them are extremely far away from what I have experienced in Asker.

• 5 of 5 stars Food