“Awesome lake view, lavish breakfast, good value for money!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ristorante G.L.A.V.J.C.

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Ristorante G.L.A.V.J.C. to your Saves list
Hotel Ristorante G.L.A.V.J.C.
Via Cesare Poggi 25/A, 22020 Torno, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Torno B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Awesome lake view, lavish breakfast, good value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

The rooms are a bit small, so are the attached bathrooms, our room was not air-conditioned, and we had to ask for a fan on our 2nd night when it got quite humid. But these are small negatives compared to the huge positives - the view from the balcony (almost every room has one, furnished with a small table and couple of chairs to lounge on) leaves you breathless, especially if you wake up early enough to see the morning sun pouring down on the blue mirror surface - go back to bed afterwards if you must ;) but don't miss this sight!
If you can muster up a little more energy, try the pretty walk down the hill through the garden all the way to the water-front and jump in for a deliciously cool swim.
And then dig into a royal breakfast on the house back at the restaurant surrounded by spectacular views of the lake, with selections of almost everything on earth - breads, pastries, cakes, cheeses, cold cuts, coffees, yogurts, fruits... Had my first cup of Orzo here and loved it!
Helpful and prompt staff, quiet and pretty, free wi-fi and parking... Two thumbs up from me!

Room Tip: The last room on the second level (I think it was room 18) has an even wider panoramic view of the l...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

The hotel G.L.A.V.J.C is a hidden Gem. We had two adjoining rooms, which admittedly were old fashioned, but very clean and functional. The view from our long hotel room balcony made up for everything else. Fantastic views of Lake Como, which was breathtaking. Could have happily stayed on the balcony all day.
Steep slope down to the car park, but we managed it. Friendly helpful staff, just wish we could have stayed longer.
Food was excellent. Fantastic breakfast and spectacular views from the restaurant. Would happily stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone driving through Italy, as we were. Price was very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

It has been some months since I stayed here, and did not plan to write a review as I have not much good to say about this place, however I changed my mined when I saw a review recommending this establishment, and still with two points I have probably overrated this hotel. The view from the rooms is amazing... in the same way as any room with lake view around the lake is amazing, nothing to do with the hotel. The rooms are small and represent the worst of the 70’s; the service is at a minimum, and do not even try to pay with an Amex even though you see the sticker that says they accept it. The restaurant has a view, but the atmosphere in it is rubbish, the food was good though. If you do not come by car, there is narrow road to clime to get to it when coming from Torno. Due to the driving culture in Italy this road is dangerous if not suicidal to walk. To get to anywhere from this hotel, you will have to go onto that road. My point, there must be thousand hotels around the lake, and I will try all of them before coming back here!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
DK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

I really should not write this because this place is probably my best hidden gem.
But I really want them to do well and want to make sure this place get`s the attention of others.
Why......if it`s value for money your are looking for....this is the place. The location and the view from rooms, restaurant and around the hotel is world class. The service is excellent....I never met the cook (will ask this time) but somehow they allways live up to my very high expectation on quality food. I probably had dinner 10 times in the restaurant and every time they just got it right. A lot of my friends have visited this great hotel based on my feedback and everyone has been really positively surpriced. This is not The Mariott,- the interior is what you should expect from a family hotel....but it`s clean and everything works. 400 meters from the hotel at Torno you can catch the boat to Como from the most romantic little harbour.....so if you like a laid back place with world class views, fantastic food, great service at a very attractive price...this is it. I will ad photos when I return

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ristorante G.L.A.V.J.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Ristorante G.L.A.V.J.C.

Address: Via Cesare Poggi 25/A, 22020 Torno, Italy
Location: Italy > Lombardy > Lake Como > Torno
Bar / Lounge Beach Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 6 B&Bs / Inns in Torno
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Ristorante G.L.A.V.J.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Ristorante G.L.A.V.J.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.