We stayed in La Locanda for 5 nights, planned to spend half our vacation there and half in the north of Toscana. We could not leave the place. Charm, silence, views that attract every avenue to beauty you might have. In a place which is small enough to feel remote though still in a small viallge. The food and restaurant answer both excellent quality with a upper Michelin level look and athmosphere. And above all the service which is always there, but unseen, Daniela in the reception with perfect English takes care of anything you need in any issue, the stuff in the restaurant, and above all Massimo, the charming, ever smiling always there resort manager.
of art and love for beayty you might have
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a Hotel and a Restaurant in the heart of Tuscany south of Siena, in the middle of the three renowned wine districts of Chianti, Montalcino and Montepulciano, and set inside the unique and unspoiled landscapes of the Crete Senese and Val d’ Orica ? LA LOCANDA DEL CASTELLO is the answer. Is a XVI century building which has been recently restored into a small hotel in the ancient and peaceful hamlet of San Giovanni d’ Asso, celebrated for its famous white truffles. Just outside the village there is the wonderful garden “Bosco Della Ragnaia” created by the American artist Sheppard Craig. The territory is rich of history, with many hamlets, castles and abbeys to discover; rich for its natural hot springs with the chance of relaxing yourself in spas and spoiling yourself with massages and beauty treatments.Moreover if your Clients likes to do sports while on holiday, there is the chance of going horse riding, trekking, biking or have the wonderful experience of admiring the area from above on a hot air balloon.Not to forget the gastronomy experience this territory is able to offer: the Clients may visit some of the many wineries of the region and taste it’s famous wines, in addition to the other main products of the area such as olive oil, cheese and truffle; and if they are willing to know more about the Tuscan food they may choose to take cooking classes in order to be able to remember the flavors of our region once back home.The Hotel LA LOCANDA DEL CASTELLO offers 9 rooms all finely restored and divided in the following room categories (3 standard, 3 Superior and 3 Suites). All the bedrooms are provided with a matrimonial bed and a bathroom with shower and hairdryer, a/c, satellite TV, telephone, mini-bar, safekeeping box and free wi-fi internet connection. The suites have an extra sitting area for relaxing.The restaurant LA LOCANDA DEL CASTELLO is located on the ground floor of the building, which once housed an olive press. It offers its guests the genuine flavors of traditional Tuscan cooking. Amongst its delicious specialties are the local white and black truffle (we also organize special truffle hunting), pecorino cheese, Senese salami, honey and saffron, with a selection of the most well-known Tuscan wines. In the warmer weather, one can eat outside in the small hamlet square enjoying the atmosphere of the old village, or alternately in the comfort and shade of the back terrace.Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information you might need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your La Locanda del Castello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Locanda Del Castello Hotel San Giovanni d`Asso
- La Locanda Del Castello Italy/San Giovanni D'Asso, Tuscany