“Very nice old world ambiance.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Schlosshotel Lerbach

Save Saved
You added Schlosshotel Lerbach to your Saves list
Schlosshotel Lerbach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lerbacher Weg, 51469 Bergisch Gladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Very nice old world ambiance.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We were here for a wedding on a snowy weekend. The food in the Coq au Vin restaurant was very good and service was excellent. Our room was very large, as was the bathroom. Catering for the wedding was also very good. Just one complaint - wifi reception was poor and it is irritating to have to pay separately from the hotel bill.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked the hotel last minute using my British Airways frequent flyer miles. Having travelled to Dusseldorf Airport from Los Angeles, but staying in Zurich (where my family lives) I decided to book a hotel the night before I was to leave back to LA. This hotel was featured on BA's website, so I decided to book it.

On the drive up, you can see there is a moderately sized forest surrounding the property. Upon entering the property, you drive through a gate. There are no signs or at least I did not notice any. You drive past the gate and end up in front of the hotel. From the time I drove up into the circular driveway to the time it took me to get out of my vehicle, a gentleman came up and assisted me with my luggage all the way from the car up to my room. That's what I call service.

The room itself was great. There is a small entry way and to the left was a modern bathroom and to the right was the bedroom. Both separated by a door. The room was rather large especially for being in Europe. I have stay at numerous hotels in Europe and the rooms are rather small compared to this one. I believe they issued me the smallest or the cheapest of the rooms. My only complaint about the living quarters is that the room was rather dark. Although there were lamps and built in lighting, it was still dark. The bed was very comfortable especially having recently injuring my back.

I did order room service as I was too lazy to venture out and grab something at the McDonald's I passed a few miles away. Another complaint was that there was a limited selection for room service, the food was excellent. The hotel does feature an restaurant, but I did not want to leave the comfort my room. Service was prompt. Breakfast was included, but I had to leave early in the morning.

I did noticed a brand new baby blue BMW 7 Series used as a shuttle. Although I have a love of cars and was really intrigued to utilise the shuttle, I decided to pass. Perhaps my next stay.

Since I arrived by car, the hotel valets the car for you. No need to worry about parking. It is all included in the price of the stay, although I only paid $35 for the $200 a night stay.

This hotel is an absolute must!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Milano
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The location is a beautiful castle, in a beautiful garden.
Food is very good, even in the "second" choice Coq au Vin, with more reasonable price.
But I'm disappointed because it takes long time to get answer to any e-mail (you have to send twice in two days to get reply) and, I clearly wrote them that I was preparing a surprise meeting for my wife with her sister, but they arranged wrong greeting card in my room and the surprise failed due to their stupid mistake...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Confortable hotel near Cologne in a park with a nice garden. The gourmet restaurant is great (see dedicated review) and justifies a stay at the hotel.

We stayed 5 nights in the golf suite. The room is ok and everything we asked for when we booked was in the room when we arrived : baby cot for our 6 month old baby, additional bed for our 4 yo son, ipod docking station, nespresso device...

The room's design was old style and not exciting. The view was also very different with what one expects from a suite in a Relais & Chateaux : watching the parking is no excitement...

The room was extremely quiet and the beds very comfortable. The bathroom was ok.

The main issue is the breakfast. We had our breakfast in the room 4 times and it was never ok. There was always something missing, eggs were often cold... Breakfast quality is very low.

The restaurant Coq au Vin was ok but slow.

The Gourmet restaurant is outstanding. Only 2 stars ! It obviously deserves the one it lost last year. No doubt Nils Henkel will revover his 3rd Star this year.

As a conclusion : hotel is confortable and quiet but only average for a Relais & Chateaux. The Gourmet Restaurant is outstanding.

Room Tip: Families with children and strollers must be careful when booking as a few rooms (including the Golf...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We were 2 couples and had a great stay. My husband and I rented a room that was supposed to be a Superior and it was wonderful, beautiful decor and nice view to the lake. I think we got an upgrade, but I am not sure, anyway was great. Bathroom could be a bit larger, but it was fine. Service was really exceptional, they try to do anything to make us feel very comfortable. We had also excellent dinners at Coq au Vin. The Beauty and Spa is small, the dress rooms in pool area were insufficient, but the treatments very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to lake&gardens. 301 was very quiet!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Edegem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Charming room with breakfest included ( price was 3 nights for the price of 2) so very good value for money. Breakfest is in the bistro; so we had a very charming and wonderfull breakfest ( very large choice ) for the first 2 mornings. The 3 star restaurant was good but not wow; the service and the wines were excellent. We had the silvester gala dinner and that was a bit of a disappointment, not worth the price. (food was mediocre, even not warm) They didn't warn us that the dinner was on big round tables with oder guests; so no tête à tête possible and for those who do not speak german it would be a very annoying situation. Also the morning of the first there was no possibility to eat separetly, I prefer for far the ambiance of the bistro. So that was a big minor for us. One excellent point was the staff, there are really very nice and helpfull

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011 via mobile

I stayed in this Schloss for 5 nights, it is about 25 min drive from old Cologne, or you can take the handy train, the hotel is more than happy to give you a lift. Service went beyond expectations, breakfasts were exceptional and the bar at night just right. The setting in the forest outside of Cologne is almost like a fairytale, they have amazing trail running routes (well marked) in the forest and just outside the grounds. I will be back here for sure

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Schlosshotel Lerbach? Share your experiences!