“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Haemeenlinna
Savicity
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Service is sometimes a little bit slow to reach, but after that it works well.

Visited April 2012

Espoo, Finland
“Nice sunday brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

They have quite a nice sunady brunch in this place! And some foreign draft beers, also.

Visited January 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
“Best steak ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012 via mobile

It has been less than three months since I had the Hattula raised beef steak at the Tawastia Bank Restaurant and I still think about it... Juicy, perfectly cooked (pink in the middle), tender and probably the best I ever had (and I live on the Canadian prairies...).

The service was excellent. My husband and I were at this restaurant nearly every day for either lunch or dinner over a five day period (the restaurant was affiliated with the lovely Hotel Emilia where we stayed) and each of our three waitresses spoke fluent English and were very courteous, friendly and efficient.

The Finnish Salmon Soup was also excellent and I miss it along with the tasty piece of rye bread that came with it.

The atmosphere kind of seemed beneath the quality of the food. It felt cluttered and the furniture was reminiscent of
early 1990s Ikea... That being said, it was very comfortable... Like visiting a family members home!

Highly recommend this restaurant and I so look forward to returning.

Rome, Italy
“The best pub in town & great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We were recommended this place for dinner because we arrived very late and still needed to have dinner. The place was packed full with locals as it was Friday night! We had some beers by the counter at first as there were no free tables. Later we found a table and a very friendly waitress took our order. We ordered oven potatos with shrimps and it was delicious! One of the best meals of our trip! Some locals said that the club next door at Hotel Emilia is really good so we proceeded there after dinner. And so it was, there was a good band playing live music and nice people. If you are a Hotel Guest, show your key card and you dont pay entrance.

• Visited December 2011
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Good food, less keen on the ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

The restaurant is behind the bar and downstairs there are some rooms that can be reserved for groups. The service was good and the food was good. My wife and I both took seasonal specials. I had whitefish with morels and my wife had a club sandwich with chicken and asparagus. Both meals were well prepared and nicely presented. For dessert I had grilled pineapple with a hot chocolate and chilli sauce and pina colada icecream, it finished the meal of nicely.

A TV from the bar was a bit distracting, and the tables were too close together. I found it a bit pricey for this type of restaurant, but the food was good.