We recently stayed here for 6 nights (Feb. 23-29) and had an absolutely wonderful stay! The price was 188 euro per person, per night which was for one of their first floor "Omesberg" rooms which had a separate sitting area and a balcony. We booked the room by emailing back and forth with the Hotel (they have a very nice website by the way which is extremely accurate and full of photos). The price also included a huge buffet breakfast every morning and a 5 course gourmet dinner every night. Here are some other highlights of the hotel:
1. Modern and luxurious Spa with a very large indoor pool and Jacuzzi. There was also a nice sauna and steam room. There is also an excellent masseuse.
2. You could ski in/ski out direct from the hotel. Skiing to Lech's main lift/ski school area took 2 minutes.
3. The hotel was located about 5 minutes from Lech's main street so it was very convenient but also nice and quiet.
4. The Front Desk staff (Andrea and Marcus) spoke excellent English and handled our every request efficiently and expertly. Among other things, they printed out our ski passes, booked our train journey back to the Zurich Airport, booked taxis, helped us figure out the bus schedule to St. Anton, changed money, and answered our many dumb questions with excellent humor!
5. We got to know our waitresses in the hotel dining room very well as we had the same table for each meal. They were all unfailingly kind and cheerful, and seemed happy to see us each day and kindly asked out our day, gave us recommendations on where to ski, have lunch, etc..
6. The hotel held several complimentary "parties" throughout the week for its guests such as an afternoon cake and strudel party, champagne and cocktails in the bar area on Sunday evening, and a "winter afternoon picnic" one afternoon with freshly made apple fritters, Austrian cakes and warm gluhwein.
7. The dinners were not to be believed - truly gourmet food every night! For example, one night was a wonderful salad, cream of pumpkin soup, grilled artic char on a bed of truffled black risotto, chocolate chili ice cream with dabs of avocado puree on the side and your choice of cheeses from a huge cheese tray. They offered a delicious white and red wine from Austria each night as well as aperitifs and after-dinner drinks. We literally could not wait to see what kind of food they would come up with next.
8. There is free unlimited internet access for guests on a separate computer near the front desk.
9. Convenient and well appointed ski room and ski boot room.
My boyfriend and I agreed that this was one of the best and most relaxing vacations we have ever had. I am a very picky traveler (just see all my Tripadvisor reviews!) and I cannot think of anything negative at all about this hotel - it literally was perfect in every way. We cannot wait to go back next year!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Madlochblick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.