“Lovely weekend break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holystone
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Lovely weekend break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We came up to the north east for the chilli festival. We arrived Friday evening about 8pm, check in was quick and easy. The rooms are well,equipped, clean and the bed comfortable. Bathroom and shower re good. The pub attached to the hotel has great staff and the food is also very good, although basic pub food, steak, pie etc, but very nice.

On the Friday evening we had a bit of a wait for food as it seemed a lot people had arrived at once. Our waitress brought us some free drink and apologised for the wait. She was an excellent waitress as all the staff were, they were friendly, down to earth and spent time with their customers.

Friday night our sleep was broken by some rather noisy people coming back from a night out, including children at about 2am. Other than this we slept great.

All in all highly recommended.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Windermere, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

they advertise very strongly the fact that you have the best night's sleep ever or your money back, until you query their campaign and then they don't even acknowledge your complaint. I have emailed twice and wrote a letter and still no response. The noise from upstairs was unbearable all night long, the bed was rock hard, and after going for breakfast, no glasses for juices was told to use coffee cups, all the buffet was empty whilst the staff stood around talking to each other, and I was left with my breakfast plate in front of me for 20 minutes whilst the staff continued their conversation about the night out they had a few nights ago. I wonder if they will bother to reply to me at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle - Holystone, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our fourth trip to Northumberland area and this is our goto Premier Inn (and our favourite in the UK if totally honest!). Good location to transport links yet not noisy, rooms clean and recently refurbished, slept peacefully as always. The Holystone is a great Table Table and the food has always been good there. Once again thanks go to the staff for being so welcoming. A special thanks must go to Amanda though on PI reception. Amanda is worth her weight in gold and PI really should be using her as a role model to other sites as her warm welcome, cheery manner and genuine interest in our enjoyment of the stay/day/area really made this trip the best one yet! Good luck to Amanda, and your family, on your move though. Warmest wishes and we'll see you again soon, Simon & Glyn

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Lovely, immaculate and nice quiet location but still handy for main route connections. Recently refurbed so nice large tv and modern bathroom. So good in fact, that I've already booked my next stay! Restaurant next door was pretty stretched so wait for orders and food was long, but the food was lovely as were the staff. My only gripe was, there were no "to go" coffee cups which meant I couldn't get my usual Costa coffee in the morning! This was nothing to do with the hotel though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

On arrival after a 5 hour trip and arriving at 22.30pm me and my girlfriend were told no rooms were available.... The receptionist then told me they had ONE room available after someone cancelled. When we got into the room itwas dirty and hadnt been cleaner, we told the female receptionist and she quickly moved us to another room... THOUGHT THERE WAS NO ROOMS AVAILABLE? #Lier!!!! Waste of £66 pound. DO NOT STAY HERE... Go to the Village hotel just down then road.

• Stayed June 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle - Holystone, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Staffin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is one of my favourite Premier Inns so far. From the welcome on arrival to leaving I couldn't fault it, apart from a problem with the window handle which came off in my hand!! But, since it had been newly refurbished - these things happen. When it did happen I was offered the alternative of another room but the weather was so warm that I preferred the window to stay open anyway!
I am sure all the receptionists are delightful but my main contact there was a lady called Amanda and, whatever she is being paid it isn't enough! She is cheery, welcoming and we had a good chat and a laugh. She helped out when the window problem arose and it was her who offered the other room. A delightful lady.
I ate at the Stoneybrook Inn (probably spelt that wrongly) next door and that was also a lovely experience - had lunch and dinner there and the staff were really lovely as was the food.
The only little problem I had with the room was the fact that I couldn't seem to regulate the room temperature - but, as I said, it was really warm outside anyway and the window was open so that wasn't a HUGE problem either.
The room was spotless and the noise level was eerily quiet - which suited me down to the ground.
Plugs were in all the right places and the WiFi was excellent. Large car park, also near the Metro (10 minute walk) and a Sainsbury's.
If I am ever back in Newcastle then I will be staying here again - no two ways about that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
poulton le fylde Lancs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

stay here regularly with work have stayed in lots of Newcastle hotels from the centre to Jesmond or just round the corner at the De Vere but I keep returning to this hotel because they are so nice ... nothing too much trouble and they take time to get to know you.
Plus its spotless.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holystone
Premier Inn North Shields
Premier Inn North Shields
#1 of 1 in North Shields
4.5 of 5 stars 280 reviews
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/C...
#12 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Premier Inn South Shields
Premier Inn South Shields
#2 of 7 in South Shields
4.5 of 5 stars 257 reviews

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle - Holystone? Share your experiences!