“Molto buono” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Candlelit courtyard on Hastigs Street ideal atmosphere for celebrations, special occasions, business or romantic dinners
“Molto buono”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Rio and his staff another excellent evening meal. We have eaten at Lindoni's for close to 20 years, the quality has never waived. Pricey?... Well, I have never left the restaurant dis-satisfied. Which explains why you should really book ahead, no matter what time of year. If you have a taste for good italian tucker, don't miss Lindoni's.

Rio and Amanda C, Owner at Lindoni's Ristorante, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you Brian M for your complimentary review. It is always a pleasure to have such positive feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
“Good - 3.5 Stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Ate here with some friends who have been a few times before and recommended it.
Service was good, very friendly and helpful. The food was good too but for us it seemed to lack that little something extra which you would expect for the prices of the mains.
Happy with the meal, but would probably try new on a return visit to Noosa.
If I could give it 3.5 stars and a ‘Good’ I would as it’s better than the ‘Average’ for three stars but for us didn’t quite hit the mark for a four and ‘Very Good’.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Yorkie,
we appreciate your response and we hope that you do come back to try Lindoni's again and that next time we are able to hit the mark for you and receive a four star rating from you.
Brisbane, Australia
“Always special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I dined here on Sunday night with friends one of who has spent his business career wining and dining in some of the best restaurants around the world including quite a few with Michelin star ratings in Europe. Whilst my partner and I have been here before and love everything about it... its style, ambiance,service and of course the food... we were curious to hear what my friend would say. Having cut through his steak like melted butter with a non serrated knife he broke into a big smile at his first taste. Everyone else was equally impressed with their choices too. The wine list also deserves praise.... far too many places in Brisbane and surrounds think a single page of choice of Australian only wines is enough when obviously it's not. Lindoni's shows it can be done. This is a fine restaurant that's been here a long time and has a well deserved reputation. I also prefer it for its more relaxed atmosphere it offers compared to its more famous competitor at the other end of Hastings St. So make sure you book because even on a dismal Sunday night when heavy rain seemed likely to keep everyone at home, the restaurant was full.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rio and Amanda C, Owner at Lindoni's Ristorante, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Colin330,
It is always so gratifying to have such positive feedback, thank you for taking the time to write such a fantasic review, we appreciate your response and we hope that next time we see you, you will be equally as satisfied.
Thanks again.
Gold Coast
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Bistro C last night but I have to say Lindoni's was better. Staff were very attentive, menu was interesting, ambience lovely and food was exquisite. I had the lamb backstrap and the dessert special, which was a coconut tart with pomegranate sorbet. I washed this down with a glass of Italian red and left very happy.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we hope that we see you again soon at the restaurant.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“It's all about $$ for them. Almost Ruined my Engagement.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had dinner in mid January 2013.
I planned 6 months in advance my Proposal, and decided to dine in at Lindonis after proposing.
Proposed to my girlfriend on a secluded beach in noosa, after a nice Gondola Cruise in. The whole evening was romantic, until we arrived at Lindonis.
We took our bottle of Moet Chandon with us to Lindonis, thinking it would be a BYO venue.
To our surprise it wasn't. Fortunately the Owner 'Rio' was at the door on our arrival. I asked him if we can BYO our bottle of premium sparkling, and he gave me a cold 'No'. I then whisperd in his ear 'hey we just got engaged, you mind making an exception', and he replied out loud 'No sorry we can't, whatever you have with you I have it on the shelf, you're welcome to buy it'.
If it had been a staff member, you would maybe understand, but the owner could easly make an exception if he wasnt all about Money focused. The restaurant lacks True Italian experience. My experience with other italian restaurants has given me a 'family like, warm approach and experience', Lindonis certainly doesnt have that.
The food, rather average, for a permium price. Small portions, hardly filling.
The staff, seemed aggetaded and 'lost' at times, they were focused on clearning up the tables really fast and giving you the feel of 'you came, you ate, now out of here, so we can get others in, and make more money'.

Yes, the restaurant seems appealing from the outside, as most others are more of casual cafes, but I can tell you that my experience was much better at a nearby casual cafe/bar.

Anyways, I wouldnt recommend this restaurant, certainly not for special occasions.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rio and Amanda C, Owner at Lindoni's Ristorante, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Esco Ibra,
Unfortunately your review of our restaurant was not particularly fair considering the circumstances that actually occured on your stay in Noosa. First of all you forgot to mention that you reserved a premium table (insisting only on a table at the front) across three consecutive nights even though you only intended on dining with us on one night. Considering that it was your planned engagement we were happy to sacrifice that table for three nights over our busiest period of the year until you made your mind up. We have other customers that were unable to dine with us because of this and others that were also celebrating who were not able to get the table they would have liked as we prioritised your request. Given this then, when you arrived at the restaurant with your own bottle of wine in hand, a bottle that we stock at the restaurant we unfortunately had to say "No" as there are other diners who may have also wished to bring their own bottle (as obviously it is more economical to buy wine from a bottle shop) but have respected the fact that we are running a business and our alcohol sales are equally as important to our viability as our food sales. However even though we do stock the bottle you bought with you we would most definetely have opened it for you if you had of shown a little bit of discretion either by dropping it in earlier or even by calling in advance to make the special request. We feel as though we tried to accomodate your requests however your lack of curtesy and understanding meant that what ever we did was not going to be enough.
With regards to the other isues you mentioned I can only imagine that your dissatisfaction at not being able to bring your own wine tainted your perception of the rest of evening.
We are sorry that you were not happy with your experience however we do feel that a fair review would have also covered the way in which we extended ourselves to cover your requests.... to no avail.
Kind regards