“Hastings St Hideaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Noosa
brisbane Australia
“Hastings St Hideaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

I stayed in a river view suite for 7 nights from 23-30/12 in room 214 which is roomy has back and front balcony and have to say i loved it. It is what it is and sort of reminds me of a 60's holiday apartment. It is laid back, and the clientele is without pretense and although the owners were away mostly on my stay the relieving manager was only to willing to help with my requests (forgotten her name). It was no problem if i wanted to use shower in pool area after check out if i went to the beach for example. I didn't want to go home but room was booked or would have extended. It is the quiet end of Hastings St but excellent having river view and access along with pool in the centre of hotel and beach across the road and for a reasonable price. I had the old air con system which dripped but this was of no concern for the price i paid in peak time. I fear if it was all renovated the price would double the clientele would change and i could not afford such a location. I only wish i had stayed longer thank you Laguna.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Ireland in London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

We stayed in one of the complexes apartments for two nights on our journey northwards. When we arrived we checked straight in. The room was fine although fairly basic and probably not worth what you pay for it although it is Noosa so everything is pricier. The air con was too noisy to sleep well at night, its fine during the day but if its hot and you need it on at night it does wake you up.

The pool is very small for the number of guests that could be accommodated and when we stayed there we sat out by it for half an hour before a group of very loud young guys pretty much took over the area, dive bombing into the pool and genrally just being a nuisance. We are only in our 20's ourselves so hardly old but it was a pain to have to put up with their behaviour.

Now I know roaches are common all over the place but finding one in your sheets (as happened on our second night) was not too nice.

My main gripe with the place was that when I had a problem after I left the staff were pretty unhelpful. I had left a dress in the wardrobe which I appreciate was my fault and my responsibility, despite the fact that there were signs on the reception door to say back in 5 mins etc if the receptionist wanted to take a break or go for lunch when I called about the dress she refused point blank to put the dress on a bus (the bus stop being a 3 min walk from the hotel-no exaggeration) because she said she couldnt leave the desk. Now when we first checked in the same lady was sitting in the back office watching Angels and Demons on the tv.

This was all before she realised that the dress had not been found. Said dress was in wardrobe at the time of departure, both my partner and I saw it. This means that a member of staff in this hotel stole it. Again I appreciate this was my responsibility but when management dont take something like that seriously it makes you wonder about their standards.

I still feel angry thinking about how unhelpful that woman was.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Laguna for a week during the Noosa Triathalon in a river view room and had an excellent time. The room was extremely generous space wise with adequate facilities. We used the outdoor bbq most days and it was cleaned nightly. Our room was serviced a few times during our stay which was nice. The front desk staff were very helpful, recommending some restaurants for us to eat out at and also a farmers market that they directed us to. The hotel was very busy for the week we there but we had no problem getting deck-chairs by the pool. Overall it was a great getaway and we would not hesitate going back again.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

Our first holiday in 3 years and first to Noosa, Jetstar - great - direct flights to&from Melb. Stayed at Hotel Laguna as recommended by a friend. Clean, comfortable and affordable for such a great location. Managers recommended some fabulous restaurants - La Vida, Bistro C, Rocksalt and Rickys. Tony recommended & kindly booked us on the Ocean Rider - exhilerating & scary thanks to Nick , Boat hire to explore Noosa River and an hours jetski out through the river into the ocean - a must do! They also recommended Eumundi market and the Farmers market - wow the fresh mango, pineapple, strawberries, avocados and seafood were fantastic. We had a room overlooking Noosa river so we saw some beautiful sunsets and to be so close to the fantastic beach and walking tracks through the national park, the shops and restaurants for such a reasonable price was fantastic.
Highly recommend Noosa for a fantastic holiday and Hotel Laguna as a very reasonably priced, clean and comfortable place to stay - hello to all the lovely people we met around the pool and bbq so many who return every year - see you next year we have been won over and thanks to the managers Tony & Linda who recommended so many wonderful things to do which made our Noosa experience one we will definately repeat!

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Noosa is a nice place to visit but the hotels tend to be very expensive so when I saw hotel laguna I thought I had found a bargain. Unfortunately it was a bit of a disappointment as the rooms do not look anything like the website. The staff on reception (Tony) was rude and desperate to get off home despite the fact that we arrived an hour before their office hours ended. In fact, there was rarely anyone on the reception desk so no local advice/suggestions available for guests.

The room had a great view of the river but was dirty and the fridge had mould in it.

When checking out, Tony tried to charge me an extra 60 dollars and when I questioned it, he was extremely rude. When it transpired he had made a mistake and tried to charge us for 4 rather than 3 nights, he made no attempt to apologise. I think this hotel is resting on the laurels of its location and cutting corners in terms of service.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

This is a really comfortable place to stay and a great find in Noosa. The location is perfect, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the facilities are good. The room we had was renovated and, whilst not perfectly maintained (some of the renovations eg to the bathroom were fairly low quality) it was attractive. Walking distance from the beach, walks, restaurants, shops etc. There are, no doubt, more upmarket places to stay in Noosa but Laguna gets 5/5 on value for money.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Admittedly, Noosa is a very expensive place to stay and Laguna does benefit from a terrific location but it's a very average apartment for the price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Laguna? Share your experiences!