“Wonderful evening after some hickups!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 251 Restaurants in Noosa
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Brasserie, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Renowned chef, restaurateur and TV presenter, Peter Kuruvita, brings his signature style and focus on local seafood to iconic Hastings St. The relaxed holiday vibe of the open terrace and bar evolves into a stylish restaurant and cocktail bar as the day progresses.
Yeppoon, Australia
“Wonderful evening after some hickups!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

As a regular visitor to Noosa, and a Star Privilege Pacific member since 2001, I wanted to do something special for my daughters 25th birthday. My sister (also visiting), my daughter and I thought we would have drinks in the bar then have a lovely meal to finish off. Not living in Noosa, I was not aware Cato's no longer existed. Drinks were lovely and when we went upstairs for dinner, and I provided a Star Privilege voucher for dining discount, I was told by staff they could no longer be used as the restaurant is now leased to Peter Kuravita. The manager was called, and I explained this was not acceptable, as at the time I renewed the membership the restaurant had not changed hands, and since then no correspondence had been sent to advise differently. You cannot change the rules half way, I also explained each year I make sure the vouchers can be used at Noosa and the Gold coast as those are the most popular destinations I go to. We had only just come from staying at the Gold Coast and was advised there the vouchers could be used at Noosa. In the end the manager agreed to honour the voucher, as he knew I would have walked out, so warning to all other Star Privilege members to be aware they will try not to honour vouchers at lunch and dinner, but can use them for bar food and breakfast. We did have a beautiful meal, my sister had the curry snapper and I the lovely red emporer, and my daughter a beautiful eye fillet steak, all presented beautifully. Deserts were to die for, and we had a lovely young waitress who was fantastic, so apart from the voucher incident the food and service was fantastic. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody who wants to enjoy a lovely lunch or evening of fine dining at lovely venue.

We returned in the morning for breakfast (used voucher) and was delighted to see the lovely staff we know, Carol, Louise, Jaimie the chef etc, all who were wonderful and the food fantastic, Jaimie cooks a mean omelette!!!! Highly recommend the beakfast for the fantastic food selection and fantastic service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
KuruFive, Guest Relations Manager at Noosa Beach House, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi Amanda B

Thank you for dining with us for your daughters 25th birthday and your review. As you explained, Peter Kuruvita took over the operations of Sheraton's restaurant when it was renovated in May and is now not available to the full Star Privilege member discount in the restaurant area. It seems an unfortunate error that you were not informed by email in May and I'm happy to see that our manager was able to rectify this for you and your daughters special occasion.

I appreciate the fact, that after the initial let down, you rated Noosa Beach House according to the quality of food and service. I'm very happy to see you that you loved all your meals and thank you for your recommendation to others. I do hope we see you again!

“Evening saved by Andrew”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous space and wonderfully friendly and professional staff. Wine list was extensive and of a relatively reasonable price.
We had come for the celebrated mud crab. Unfortunately the chilli, ginger and shallot was over reduced and overpowering. The mud crab however was cooked magnificently.
After several queries to staff about the sauce not being what we ordered, Andrew the highly professional Manager, saved the evening. He explained that this sauce, in fact, was not as it should be. He was so gracious and offered us an alternate dish, magnificent, and a glass of French champagne.
After reading the reviews I think next visit, and we will return, will be the Sri Lankan curry. It looked marvellous as it passed us to other diners.
Anyone who has worked in hospitality realises that even in the most top notch restaurants hiccups will occur. What is special is how the situation is remedied and how management respects the feedback. Well done Andrew.

Visited September 2013
Hi Virginia P,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. It is disappointing to hear an error was made with Peter's signature mud crab sauce the evening you dined. I'm very happy to hear our manager rectified the situation so you were still able to enjoy your meal with us. Thank you for the feedback and understanding. I do hope we see you again for a snapper curry!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Shocking Sheraton”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently visited the restaurant for a drink but then decided to order some food, we ordered beer battered chips and a bucket of prawns, we waited over an hour despite having to chase the staff 3 times, once the food came, there were 4 prawns in the 'bucket' and at 22usd was a total rip off, and the prawns were practically still frozen. Peter one of the waiters was kind enough to offer us to glasses of wine for the wait. I would not be in a hurry to return for food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hi r0cket1888

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We value and learn from all feedback, and your comments have been reviewed and discussed with staff management. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback and do hope you will visit us again when you are next in Noosa

Melbourne, Australia
“A Memorable dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

y husband got me to make a booking to celebrate a special anniversary and we couldn't think of a nicer place to dine in Hastings Street. The food was sensational and as a Sri lankan absolutely loved Peter Kuruvita's signature dish of the Sri Lankan Snapper Fish Curry. .. Simply mouth watering. We thoroughy enjoyed our meal and the restaurant staff were exceptional especially our waiter. We even ended up chatting to Peter who was so down to earth and such a lovely man, it made my night and an evening we will never forget. Stunning decor with beautiful tasty fresh food, highly recommended as definitely one of the top restaurants in Hastings Street. I have already recommended your restaurant to all my sri lankan family and friends, and recently sent my cousin's husband and his friends to dine where they enjoyed their evening too. The Noosa Beach House will definitely be a reason for a return visit to your fabulous restaurant. Thank you again for amazing experience Louise & John

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi Louise Z,

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know how much you enjoyed your experience. We certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great meal but a rude waitress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here at the Sheraton and had heard about this restaurant and decided to dine out. Got dressed up and was seated, I was dining alone. The waitress was not interested in explaining the menu to me. But I eventually ordered the lamb back strap and it was the best meal I had in Noosa. I asked for the desert menu but the rude waitress simply neglected me and spent almost 5 minutes at the next table explaining entrees etc.
I thought a meal in a nice place was to be a total experience not something to make you feel out of place.
To the credit of this restaurant I explained how badly I had been treated to the Manager who said he was new and had a lot of work to do with staff. To his credit, Andrew, made the night by apologising and gave me some compensation. I would not employ this rude waitress. I think a person dining alone is as good as the other diners. She is putting bad vibes in to a great restaurant. Thank you to the manger who treated me properly

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi nbrown1,

Thank you for dining with us and taking the time to review us. We appreciate feedback and learn from our guests experiences. Your comments have been discussed with staff and I'm glad our manager was able to rectify the situation. I'm happy to hear you really enjoyed the food and I hope we see you again when you are next in Noosa