“Perfect for families” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Noosa
Perth, Australia
“Perfect for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed in a ground floor two bedroom apartment and had a fantastic few days. It's an older style resort, but it is well maintained, has a number of pools, onsite restaurant and there's even a day spa - top marks for relaxation.

Our apartment was well equipped with two bathrooms, air-con, full kitchen, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher etc. and the beds were comfy (two huge king singles in the second room).

Being so close to the pool, our drinks and snacks were close at hand - which was good because the kids spent endless hours in the pool! Absolutely loved the comfy poolside day bed and lounges. All the gardens and landscaping are beautiful, the resort has a very 'South Pacific' feel to it. Even though they provide privacy screening, the only downside would be that the hibiscus and palm trees block some of the natural light into the apartment.

We had a BBQ dinner under the pool pavilion one evening, which was lovely as the pool is illuminated at night.

The restaurant breakfast was delicious and extremely good value. It's only open for dinner on Friday and Saturday though, but there are plenty of takeaway options in the local area or restaurants on Hastings Street (5 mins drive) if you don't feel like cooking. There is also an Aldi supermarket a short walk down the street.

We loved our time here, will definitely be back and recommend it to other families.

Room Tip: We stayed in 58 - right next to a heated pool and BBQ pavilion. It's also on the ground floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Adam S, General Manager at South Pacific Resort Noosa, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Hi Miss Moet
Thanks very much for your review; you are right South Pacific Resort is and older style resort, it does have the feel of a south pacific island which is its beauty, I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay. The day beds and sun lounges you spoke of are all relatively new and are proving very popular. Our bed and breakfast packages are popular as well so I am glad you enjoyed not having to cook We look forward to seeing you next time and please mention you are a return guest and we will look at what extra we can do for you. We certainly value your custom.
Adam..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Would never come back here again. Very disappointing with the staff service and cleaning service. Charged me extra money $66 cuz I left my room with some dirty dishes. because they didn't provided any cleaner come and clean my room for the whole week I had stayed. The manager said the cleaner took Longer to clean my room so i have to pay extra for it I'm wondering if they would return the money back for the customers left their rooms tidy???? They said the price I paid to stay for a week is not included room cleaning services so I should leave my room tidy when I check out. The point is no one said that when I checked in. And when I asked for clean towels they said I have to pay extra for it. The agreement wasn't clear to the customer at first. Just be aware if you are planning to stay there about a week or so Make sure you ask about the price is included the room services charge for a long stay. I didn't expected to change my own bed sheets and towel and mod the floor on my holiday in noosa. They didn't tell me and they expected me to know all about this. I had learned a lesson from it by the way.

• Stayed February 2013
Hi Hanjens,
I am disappointed to read your review and that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at South Pacific Resort. We aim to meet or exceed all our guests’ expectations. There was obviously a miss communication of what we offer. We like most accommodation complexes/resorts in Noosa/Noosaville offer self contained apartments; we provide a starter pack of tea, coffee, dishwashing liquid etc and full linen package including bathmats, hand towel, bath towels etc. If guests stay more than seven nights we provide a mid stay service clean where we change all linen and clean your kitchen and bathrooms and give the rest of the apartment a quick dust etc. At this stage we do not offer serviced apartments, that is, having the cleaners come in every day, make beds, change linen, clean kitchens etc. I have just started as the manager and something that I will look at in the future is offering that service to guests, but it will be at an additional charge per day. As for cleaning charges, we obviously do not expect any guest to mop the floor or clean the apartment, we do have an expectation that the apartment is left in a tidy manner, no rubbish laying around, and dishes put in the dishwasher, etc. We very rarely charge for additional cleaning. I would be happy to discuss this with you at any time. Thanks for taking the time to write the review, I will in the future try to make sure that there is no confusion in what we offer.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The resort made our holiday complete. The staff were very helpful . Especially Ruth and the front desk. Very approachable.they had facilities like the heated lagoon pools that my whole family enjoyed. The tennis courts and table tennis was fun to play. The 2 bedroom apartment at the Fiji was great ,clean. The restaurant was fantastc especially at breakfast time. We had a treat on friday we had Andrew Lawson singing at the resort they know how to set a great mood with their music. The maintenance staff were always polite and very helpful. The availability of the shuttle bus was very helpful 4 times it was available to take you Hasting st and Noosa junction . Keep up the good work . Keep smiing .Papahronis family.

• Stayed January 2013
Hi,
Sorry about the late reply, I have only just started as the new manager here at South Pacific Resort. Thank you so much for your kind words, my staff (including Ruth) have read your review and like me are thrilled when people leave here after having a great time. That is what we all strive for. We do have a lot to offer, 4 pools, tennis court, spa’s and sauna, I am glad your family enjoyed using our facilities. (And yes the bus is quite popular as well). We have been trialling music on a Friday night and your right Andrew Lawson was fantastic, he has gone overseas to pursue his career so we have had other local musicians playing and Friday night has become very busy with us turning people away. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Adam..
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here for three nights from the 18th Dec. We were allocated room 86 which was a very nice apartment. However, the noise from the apartment above was unacceptable. We are well travelled and I have never stayed in a room where you could actually hear the people above going to the toilet. We were woken each morning at 5 am by objects been banged on the floor by the children which was not funny when the people where up til all hours having little regard for other families. I have two children who were so sleep deprived when we left, it made for a very stressful break. Complained about the noise and although some of the staff appeared sympathetic, the only thing they offered was a lesser standard room and that was it! Also, whilst the aesthetics of the location was lovely, it was let down by some grumpy staff, especially at breakfast time. The chef however was very pleasant and chatty. We left and then stayed at the Verona apartments further up the road. The location was much better, customer service was much better, and the apartment fab. Cheaper too. All I would say is that if you stay here, try and get a top floor apartment as the noise levels are poor.

Room Tip: stay on a top floor room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Adam S, General Manager at South Pacific Resort Noosa, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Hi Leachfamily11091,
I have read your review and was disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not as you would have expected. I have recently started as the manager here at South Pacific Resort (Feb13) and have asked my staff about your booking. They have noted that there was an issue with noise coming from the apartment above you and apparently several efforts where may to get the guests above to behave in a more considerate manner. Obviously they either could not or chose not to listen to our requests. Our policy is to move guests with an issue to another apartment of the same standard; my staff tell me that unfortunately we were very busy at the time and the apartment we could move you to was of a slightly lesser standard. As for the “grumpy” staff in the kitchen I have been and will continue to speak to my staff about customer service. I am critically aware that they are the face of our business. There is no excuse for poor service and if this was your experience I apologise for it. On the positive side I am glad that you liked the aesthetics of the resort and that if you take out the noise you apartment was nice. If you are looking to stay in Noosa again please contact me and I would like to personally make sure that your stay at South Pacific Resort exceeds your expectations. Adam..
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We have just left the resort from a 6 night stay. The resort has beautiful maintained gardens and pools. The gardeners and maintenance guys take alot of pride in what they do. The BBQ area was so clean and a great facility. Our unit could have been cleaner (floors only) but overall fantastic. Pools were amazing and quiet even in peak times.
My only negative point- On the saturday morning - i went to have breakfast from the restaurant without my husband but with my 14mth old son.I wanted an item from the menu not the full buffet. I was told due to a full house- I could not order from menu. Buffet was only offered. Slightly frustrating considering I could not understand the reason for this. And wondered why they couldnt offer both?
The restaurant could add a few things to menu but overall it is reasonably priced.
and having the poolside menu start from 1 pm rather than 2pm would be great.

Location- You need a car or use the resort shuttle. But a morning coffee or local thai/italian restaurant is within walking distance.

Anyway, Lovely resort. Thank you!

A Playground for kids would top it off for me!

• Stayed January 2013
Hi Pepsi17,
Thanks for the review, our maintenance/ground staff have a big job looking after our five acres of tropical grounds and you are right they do take pride in their work. I will let housekeeping know about the floor and make sure that they keep an eye on the standards in that regard. Thanks for letting us know. I will speak to the kitchen about why they could not cook your child a menu item. Possible they did not have the item in stock as we were operating of the buffet menu? It may be difficult to offer both menus at the same time and watch food costs wastage etc? We are currently looking at our menus and operating times so you’re other comments will be addressed in time. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the South Pacific Resort, having 4 pools and several BBQ areas does give guests the room to spread out and sit by a different pool if they feel like a change.
Thanks again for your review.
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

A fantastic resort it is wonderfully maintained. You really feel like you could be back in Hawaii. The resort has a open, calm, relaxed feel - we loved it from the moment we arrived. Our apartment was huge, airy and spotlessly clean. On a sisters getaway, we particularly enjoyed drinks the large balcony that still felt private with all the beautiful garden surrounds. The spa, sauna and choice of pools were heaven. Thank you to the staff who were lovely and make you feel at home with lots of great local advice. Additionally, the menu offered at the resorts restaurant was exceedingly well priced and delicious. Can't recommend more highly. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bridgett C, Front Office Manager at South Pacific Resort Noosa, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear AUSkirby,
Thank you very much for your amazing review.

We are privileged to offer our guests a unique experience.
Upon entry you are taken to a different place The South Pacific Islands.
With well appointed gardens and surrounding pools you truly can escape.
Thank you for taking the time to make your review it is very much appreciated.
We hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,
Bridgett
Pershore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night for a family getaway and it was just lovely. A car probably is a must as it is a fair walk to town. The apartment was very spacious and had a lovely pool view. Be aware there aren't lifts to the apartments, so if have a pushchair then you need to request a ground floor room. The pool area is lovely and there is a jacuzzi as well. Breakfast was impressive with a wide selection and very friendly staff. We loved it here and didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: No lifts so bear that in mind when requesting a room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bridgett C, Front Office Manager at South Pacific Resort Noosa, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank You for your very kind words and review.
We are happy you had a lovely stay and enjoyed the facilities at the resort.
I will be sure to share your feedback with the whole resort and restaurant team so they can see how their great customer service pays off.

We do provide a complimentary shuttle to Main Beach as the resort is a 5 minute drive away.
The resorts apartments are on 3 levels so we often get request from guests on the preferred level they would like to stay on.

Again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Kind Regards,
Bridgett

Been to South Pacific Resort Noosa? Share your experiences!