“Fantastic location and pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra French Quarter Resort

You added Mantra French Quarter Resort to your Saves list
Mantra French Quarter Resort
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   62 Hastings Street, Noosa, Queensland 4567, Australia (Formerly Breakfree French Quarter Resort)   |
Ranked #72 of 130 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Melbourne,
“Fantastic location and pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stayed at the Breakfree French Quarter for a week in the school holidays. Our 2 bed apartment was great, very clean and had a lovely balcony overlooking the pool area. The bedrooms were fine. The master bedroom had the bathroom in the bedroom which was a bit weird, but OK. The kids loved the lagoon pool (although warning - spa is full of chemicals and gave us a rash). The staff were very helpful and you could even borrow a bucket and spade for your visit. The apartments are right on Hastings Street so it was a quick walk to the patrolled end of Noosa Beach. They are currently renovating (we stayed in a cheaper unrefurbished room), so the prices will go up once it's all complete. But I still think I would recommend these apartments to anyone holidaying in Noosa with young children. We will definitely be going back. All in all, a great holiday!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Paid over $200 per night for what should have cost no more than $70! it was worse than a Fomula 1 or holiday inn!
Rooms smelt awful, cobwebs from ceiling, mould growing on hotplates, Furniture that looked like something from a closing down or garage sale, bed spread with so many pulls, it barely had any threads left..

Probably nothing more to be said - there are hotels of much better quality for less on Hastings Street.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a week and was most disappointed with the service and rooms.
The place looked lovely in the brochure, however when we arrived we discovered the rooms to be small and tired looking. We had a 4 month old baby with us and the cot provided was unsafe and looked to be about 20 years old....
No one helped us with our bags when we arrived at 1 am in the morning with very upset children. We also were not advised that the rooms were unserviced and we would have to pay extra for clean towels and rubbish to be collected.
The only positive feature of this hotel was its proximity to the beach.
Would not recommend this place to families.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
melbourne, australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We arrived in the evening and reception was very friendly and helpful, but there was a strong cleaning detergent smell about the area. The position was very good, right at the top of Hastings St., the main drag, but the rooms could do with an upgrade. it felt like it hadnt been alteed since the 80's. Some of the cupboards where broken and the tiles in the kitchenette and bathroom were damaged. The shower had about a half metre step to negotiate in order to get in. However, the pool area was very nice and the pool and other amenities were it good shape. The place could really be very welcoming if it was given a bit of a cleanup and renovation. But it wasn't expensive and for the position and area it was reasonably good value.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Bay of Plenty
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

On arrival my wife and I were both were somewhat taken back at the type of apartment we had been allocated, the first night we found it extremely cold, as we did on other nights. On entering the unit my wife used the toilet and much to her horror and disgust, found a pile of toenails on the floor in front of the toilet, it appears as if someone had sat on the toilet and cut their toenails. The following morning I went for a walk while my wife prepared some breakfast for both of us. The frying pan was filthy and appeared as if it had not been cleaned by the previous people who stayed there. In the cupboard where the toaster was, the shelf was completely covered in crumbs. The bottom of the shower door was covered in a black mould. We both felt that this was not a 1 bedroom apartment that we payed top dollar for but a budget studio room. There were two small built in walls with louver sliding doors around the area where the bed was. It was just about impossible to read in the apartment during the day without lights, as it was very dark.
Monday morning we woke to considerable noise from the apartment next to ours, workmen were renovating it and the apartment next door to that one as well. So much for the quiet week we had planned, our honeymoon, where we had intended to relax read and watch the Olympic Games. With what this accommodation cost us we felt completely ripped off. Fortunately for us our booking agent credited us with an additional weeks accommodation in another resort of our choice. In all fairness to this complex, the grounds were immaculate, it is a shame that the grounds people were not responsible for the cleanliness of the interior. Unfortunately my job requires me to travel on a regular basis, without doubt this would have to be one of the worst places I have had the misfortune to stay in, this is definitely a place we would not return to or recommend to our friends.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

My best friend & I stayed here for two nights in July for her 30th. The hotel itself is on Hastings Street, but the entrance is off side street behind, we made the mistake of pulling up out front and I am sure we are not the first.

We got the one bedroom superior apartment, which itself was perfect for us with a queen bed and a sofa bed, a plasma/LCD TV on the wall, with DVD player, small cooktop & microwave, plus a little bar fridge. The bathroom was a little outdated and in need of reno with a spa bath, but was clean, so can't complain. We were on the second floor, but if I was too stay there in Summer I would request a room just outside the pool, just a hop skip and jump literally to the pool and if you have kids you can watch from your room.

The pool is heated which meant even though it was Winter we could take a dip when the sun was out. The beach is just a walk across the road, and hotel is just near the nature broadwalk, which is lovely!!

We were there to celebrate my friends 30th birthday, which was for us a lot of food & wine, I understand that it was winter, but nothing was opening for food serving after 9pm and drinks & good music were hard to come by, just a warning for those wanting a big one! We stayed in Brisbane the night before and got this, but unfortunately Noosa was not up to the challenge, which I am sure they are forgiven as they have the beautiful beaches during the day, hopefully the night is different in summer.

Noosa is a beautiful place, so many places you can relax, but also get in the car and travel around to so many other places also, enjoy!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Nerang, QLD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Finding the entrance to Reception / parking was difficult
Drove up and down Hastings Street a couple of times before stumbling across the back entrance, mentioned this to reception when we finally checked in and they agreed that it was difficult to find, thought some better signs or even writing this bit of info on there website or on the confirmation would have helped.

There were 15 of us booked into 3 units over the Labour Day long weekend, having a big group of us we knew that we were going to enjoy our weekend and dispite the overcast weather and scattered showers we had an enjoyable stay.

Originally we had asked to be on a high floor...instead we were on the 1st floor, at first I was very disappointed but it actually turned out to be much better as you have a large terrace which leads straight onto the pool gate...we loved being on the 1st floor and will request it again if we ever return.

Rooms were fine, a little stuffy smelling at first and not that big but fine for a weekend.
Good selection of free movies on the TV.
Washing machine gave us a little trouble, we called down to reception and she was up within a couple of minutes to fix the problem.
Dryer did not dry our clothes even after having them in for over 3 hours total, as we were checking out early the next morning we did not advise reception other wise I'm sure they would have sent someone up to fix it.

Best things about the resort...

When they say heated pool, they actually mean heated pool :) Being overcast (and winter) we were expecting the pool to be freezing when I put my hand in to test the temperature but to my surprise it was really warm. The spas were also lovely...spent alot of time in them, our whole group really enjoyed the pool area very pretty.

Location was also good... walked across the road to the surf club one night for dinner, reasonable prices considering we were on Hastings Street.

All up, we liked French Quarter and being that I am a travel agent, I would recommend this place especially if you are going in winter but would still like to utilise the facilities.
Good for families also, we saw plenty of families enjoying the pools.

If we ever return to Noosa, I think I will try Breakfree Ocean Breeze which is also on Hastings street - not because I didn't like French Quarter but just because I would like to try different places.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Mantra French Quarter Resort? Share your experiences!